July 29, 2014 | 1196 users online

Hair - DevaCurl - No Poo

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by BeingHuman

I really loved the smell of this product but the results were nil performance-wise. After 3 weeks of continuous use, the peppermint made my scalp dry and itchy. It didn't really clean my hair (there's no cleansing agents), so I suffered from dull hair with major buildup.

I think you're better off with a Suave cheapie for $0.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by kjbassick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The whole line of DevaCurl products is the absolute best stuff I have ever used on my fine, curly hair. My stylist recommended this and I went right out and got it and it is totally awesome! People are complaining about the smell of this - I think it is kind of like Philosophy's Purity cleanser - a clean scent, not something I would want to smell all day, but not at all unpleasant. The combination of No-Poo (or Low-Poo if I feel like things really need cleansing), with One Condition and An-gell is the best! I was trying to resist repurchasing (trying to economize) but having fruitlessly worked my way through the drug-store curly-hair options (YIKES!!) I am headed back to order more...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2005 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Bubbalish

Hmmm, this didn't really seem to clean my hair. I adore the smell, but after a few days use, my hair was overconditioned, tangley and weighed down.

Didn't work for my fine, long color-treated hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2005 2:08:00 PM More reviews by MuggBeer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Unfortunately this didn't clean my hair at all. The smell was repulsive to me and the build-up from not having any cleansing properties to it started to dry my hair out.

I'm now using this as a shaving cream and it works well, but the smell....ugh..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2005 4:22:00 PM More reviews by catters

I love this product. My scalp gets irritated very easily, tends to be oily and my curly hair is fine and more or less normal in terms of moisture. I don't color my hair. This product does not weigh down my hair at all. As I have an oilier scalp I use it three times a week usually and either just condition my hair in between or use a shower cap. Great with One Condition. Used in conjuntion with either Angell or Phyto defrissant and Devacurl's Set it Free, my hair looks great. I have purchased this product enough times in the past that I've now ordered the larger 32 oz. bottle. The scent is simply the best, rose and mint, its brilliant.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The smell of this one really made me want to gag. Like old lady roses or something and very overpowering. It left a sort of film on my hair (maybe the silicone?) and it weighed down my hair, but left me with soft, parched looking ends. For me this just doesn't remove the gunk from my hair and it dries out quickly. I have long fine hair with dry ends from heat stying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2005 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mitabird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff. It cleans my scalp well w/o having to use shampoo and it doesn't dry my hair or scalp. It gives my scalp a nice tingly sensation and it rinses cleanly.

Update: 12/30/07 - I still really like this conditioner, but I found it doesn't clean my scalp as well as I need it to. I generally wash with another conditioner for my scalp and use No Poo on my length.

Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Oat Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2005 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using NoPoo and the Curly Girl method for about a year and a half, and my hair has never looked better. I use this about once a week or every 10 days (I do conditioner-only shampoos in between). I massage this into my scalp and rinse, then follow with conditioner--I don't really rub this into the hair itself because I color it and it seems to fade the color faster if I do. Anyway, this is an excellent cleanser. It is creamy, smells nice (a mild mint/rose scent), rinses buildup away, and is very gentle. My hair and scalp feel very clean when I use this. It does not foam at all, which could bother some people, but I like that. I think I paid $12 for the bottle, which lasts a long time. Highly recommended if you have curly, frizzy, dry hair! EDIT: Please note that this product doesn't contain silicone or sulfates. If you use silicone products on your hair, NoPoo will not remove it; you will need to clarify first. It's not a regular shampoo, and doesn't do the same thing. This is also a product for those with very dry hair who are using the "curly girl" method. If you have oily hair, try the LowPoo instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2005 8:51:00 PM More reviews by dominicanaheat

I am doing the Curly Girl method for my crazy curly hair. I use No-Poo in conjuction with DevaCurl One Condition. Great stuff. I love the smell; peppermint scent but not overbearing or sweet. Its a conditioning cream cleanser, an alternative to sulfate filled shampoos. Sulfates can dry and strip the hair, especially curly hair which is naturally dry. When you use this, you have to massage it into your scalp to clean it, and also massage it into your hair. This is very tingly on the scalp so you can't help but give it a nice, thorough massage....and its very moisturizing and coats the hair well. You rinse it out well and follow it up with One Condition. My curls looked so soft and so full and very defined after using DevaCurl products. But because I dyed my hair a couple of weeks ago, I am using Suave Milk & Honey Conditioner to co-wash my hair so that I can get some protein in there, but I will be using the DevaCurl on my next wash. Definitely worth a try if you want your curls to be beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 10:38:00 PM More reviews by scribblescrabble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a shampoo alternative for dry hair. It has an interesting mint/rose smell that is pleasant, and it is thick and creamy. It leaves a light residue, but it when my hair dries I don't notice it at all. This is not for those with oily scalps at all.