DevaCurl No Poo

3.6

on 1/5/2006 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great, but way too expensive- you can get the same results by buying an organic shampoo from the health-food store, for a third of the price. That said, I like the scent of is, its kind of fruity and clean. Cleans the scalp without over-drying. I wouldn't buy it again though, far too expensive.

on 12/11/2005 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this. This is the only shampoo a curly-head should ever use.

on 11/7/2005 1:10:00 PM

I really loved the smell of this product but the results were nil performance-wise. After 3 weeks of continuous use, the peppermint made my scalp dry and itchy. It didn't really clean my hair (there's no cleansing agents), so I suffered from dull hair with major buildup.

I think you're better off with a Suave cheapie for $0.99.

on 10/7/2005 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The whole line of DevaCurl products is the absolute best stuff I have ever used on my fine, curly hair. My stylist recommended this and I went right out and got it and it is totally awesome! People are complaining about the smell of this - I think it is kind of like Philosophy's Purity cleanser - a clean scent, not something I would want to smell all day, but not at all unpleasant. The combination of No-Poo (or Low-Poo if I feel like things really need cleansing), with One Condition and An-gell is the best! I was trying to resist repurchasing (trying to economize) but having fruitlessly worked my way through the drug-store curly-hair options (YIKES!!) I am headed back to order more...

on 10/2/2005 12:21:00 PM

Hmmm, this didn't really seem to clean my hair. I adore the smell, but after a few days use, my hair was overconditioned, tangley and weighed down.

Didn't work for my fine, long color-treated hair.

on 9/22/2005 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately this didn't clean my hair at all. The smell was repulsive to me and the build-up from not having any cleansing properties to it started to dry my hair out.

I'm now using this as a shaving cream and it works well, but the smell....ugh..

on 9/12/2005 4:22:00 PM

I love this product. My scalp gets irritated very easily, tends to be oily and my curly hair is fine and more or less normal in terms of moisture. I don't color my hair. This product does not weigh down my hair at all. As I have an oilier scalp I use it three times a week usually and either just condition my hair in between or use a shower cap. Great with One Condition. Used in conjuntion with either Angell or Phyto defrissant and Devacurl's Set it Free, my hair looks great. I have purchased this product enough times in the past that I've now ordered the larger 32 oz. bottle. The scent is simply the best, rose and mint, its brilliant.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The smell of this one really made me want to gag. Like old lady roses or something and very overpowering. It left a sort of film on my hair (maybe the silicone?) and it weighed down my hair, but left me with soft, parched looking ends. For me this just doesn't remove the gunk from my hair and it dries out quickly. I have long fine hair with dry ends from heat stying.

on 8/15/2005 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this stuff. It cleans my scalp well w/o having to use shampoo and it doesn't dry my hair or scalp. It gives my scalp a nice tingly sensation and it rinses cleanly.

Update: 12/30/07 - I still really like this conditioner, but I found it doesn't clean my scalp as well as I need it to. I generally wash with another conditioner for my scalp and use No Poo on my length.

Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Oat Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance. continued >>

on 7/16/2005 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using NoPoo and the Curly Girl method for about a year and a half, and my hair has never looked better. I use this about once a week or every 10 days (I do conditioner-only shampoos in between). I massage this into my scalp and rinse, then follow with conditioner--I don't really rub this into the hair itself because I color it and it seems to fade the color faster if I do. Anyway, this is an excellent cleanser. It is creamy, smells nice (a mild mint/rose scent), rinses buildup away, and is very gentle. My hair and scalp feel very clean when I use this. It does not foam at all, which could bother some people, but I like that. I think I paid $12 for the bottle, which lasts a long time. Highly recommended if you have curly, frizzy, dry hair! EDIT: Please note that this product doesn't contain silicone or sulfates. If you use silicone products on your hair, NoPoo will not remove it; you will need to clarify first. It's not a regular shampoo, and doesn't do the same thing. This is also a product for those with very dry hair who are using the "curly girl" method. If you have oily hair, try the LowPoo instead.

Popular Hair Products