October 26, 2014 | 969 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer - Pagoda

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2005 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Brianne1114

This is one of the more goregous lippies I own. Pagoda is a wonderful MLBB rose color with a bit of bronze. Absolutely perfect for fall. Has a great gel texture (not sticky) and lasts pretty well. Only drawback is the price - $24.50 - but IMO it is worth every penny, I've been wearing it constantly since I bought it. Fabulous gloss!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the texture of Chanel Glossimers. Pagoda is a wonderful color. On me it's a beigy-berry... sheer and not at all overstated. It's MLBB and I'm so glad I bought it. The only drawback is the price ($24.50) and for this reason I can't give it 5 lippies... only 4. If the price were lowered, I'd give it a full 5 but you know Chanel won't be doing that :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2005 11:32:00 AM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been trying various glossimers lately because I really like the formula (long lasting without being too sticky and balling up like lipglasses do on me sometimes). I bought this shade when it first came out and I like how it looks on me under flourescent light much better than natural light. On my medium pigmented lips, it is a medium berry color with lots of sparkles and shimmer. I wish the pigmentation were a bit deeper because mostly sparkles show up on my lips, but other than that, it's a pretty color, though not my favorite glossimer by any stretch. the main reason i wouldn't repurchase is because of the price ($25 for lipgloss is a bit exorbitant to me considering there are drugstore glosses like Revlon for a fifth of the price that are almost as nice) and the fact that i don't like how the product ends up on the rim of the tube all the time. black hair, green eyes, NC40.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2005 1:53:00 PM More reviews by memechoses

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

a lovely shimmery rose deep nude shimmer. reminds me of the disctd blush glossimer , except with shimmer. adds depth without too heavy a color. i am a mac nc42

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Booshamoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in the minority here when I say this glossimer just doesn't do it for me. I find that it is too sheer and somehow the consistency seems different to me than my other Glossimer's. It doesn't last long on my lips, comes off with my first bite of food or sip of coffee. For $25.00 I expect more. I am thinking that the color doesn't pop on me due to my fair coloring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2005 3:37:00 PM More reviews by alexei9

Very beautiful, wearable shade. Goes on very sheer, lighter than it appears in the tube. it is a sheer rose with some bronze/gold tones to it. Really gives a very pouty full lipped-look. This seems to have a nicer texture to me than the other glossimers. Very pricey, but very worth it. I can see wearing this with my Variations or Nymphaea quad and Secret blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2005 11:20:00 PM More reviews by gtaStat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pagoda is a gorgeous shimmery bronzey/rose/pink gloss. I find this looks very MLBB on it's own. It is also lovely on top of lipsticks in the same colour family. I love how it looks paired with Armani Mania lipstick #25. I imagine this shade will look fabulous on numerous complexions, especially us olive toned ladies. I couldn't be happier with this gloss. The texture is wonderful, no detectable scent, and staying power is decent considering it isn't super sticky. A foolproof shade for me. I can see myself using this *very* often. Will repurchase if it's available. Totally worth the price! Edit: I just used this today without a lip liner or lipstick underneath. It goes on a light pink, much lighter than it looks in the tube. Very pretty! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Myip1

Very pretty. I have always been skeptical of Chanel due to the high prices, but the Glossimers really do have a texture that sets them apart. I don't like sticky glosses or the ones that wear off right away. For example, I love Cargo colors and non-stickiness, but I have a coffee in the morning and there is NOTHING left on my lips!

Pagoda is a very pretty and subtle shade. It looked very similar to other Chanel shades, so I might try those out to see if I prefer them. It is nice to wear to work whe you don't want to look like you're ready to go partying, but it's also dressy and glossy enough to wear out.

I also like the Unity shade, but that one is darker and I prefer to wear those in the evenings and winter. Pagoda is more of an everyday, all seasons type of shade. I'm glad I tried it.

I always hate when you get near the end of a glass and end up throwing a lot of the product out simply b/c the wand doesn't reach it (i.e., Stila lip glaze duos). I will have to see how the Chanel packaging plays out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2005 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the other reviewers said, this shade is a gorgeous brown-based pink with heavy bronze tones. Very pretty, but as I like to wear either nude or light colors, this was just ok. I can easily duplicate this look with glosses I have, so this wasn't the one for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2005 7:57:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This colour is a sheer frost. It has a tint of colour like gloss should. Not as iridescent as Blizzard. But the colour reminds me of Blizzard. its more bronzey rosey whereas Blizzard is more mauve. Its gorgeous for fall, and I definitely would buy it again. My friend at the Chanel counter told me its going to be staying permenantly in Canada and Europe, but who knows. Chanel discontinues everything I love.