September 20, 2014 | 1860 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely cannot stand the packaging of this product! The spray nozzle is so annoying and I have to bend my wrist all weird like to get it to spray in the direction that I want it to. For that reason alone I gave this a 3/5. Having said that, the product itself is pretty good. Agree with all the reviewers below. I like that it gives a fine mist rather than soaking my hair. I have noticed a difference in my bleach blonde hair. I'm a natural dark brown brunette. My hair is smoother and shinier with the help of this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Bbsarbear

I've been using this product for years and I've never found a better heat protectant spray! It leaves my hair feeling soft and healthy even with all the heat styling I do. Working in a salon I've had the chance to work with numerous higher brand heat protectant sprays but nothing compares to this product, especially with it being so affordable. I will say the packaging has continued to change over the years and now it's perfect. I used to have trouble with the top leaking (years ago) but not anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by CallMeStephania

This is my HG product! I've been using it for a couple of years and I have never found such an amazing heat protectant for my hair. I have very long curly-wavy hair and this helps my hair stay tamed all year round :) I also straighten/blowdry my hair frequently and this spray has significantly reduced split ends and dryness.

Pros:
-I travel a LOT and I like how the packaging allows me to lock the spray so it doesn`t leak everywhere in my travel bag
-keeps flyaways tamed
-Hair is nice and shiny and soft after use
-great protection against split ends and dryness
-Smells great
-Isn`t sticky and doesn`t leave any residue
-It`s light-weighted on my hair
-fairly priced

Cons:
-None! I have a whole drawer full of this stuff LOL

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

The main ingredient in this is 'water'?, I didn't think water is a good main ingredient for heat styling? from what I researched online water mixed with heat actually bubbles and breaks the hair strands. Hence im not sure weather to trust this product or not. As far as using the actual product it is just 'okay', the nozzle looks cool but when using it, it's awkward to spray especially around the back of my head. I prefer the standard nozzles like on the matrix iron smoother heat protectant. It smells okay but it smells a bit plasticky to me, personally im not a big fan of drug store hair care this is really the only hair product I've ever bought from drug store. I don't like this product and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ktmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG hair texturizer spray.

My hair is extremely fine, and so it can look pretty bad and stringy without any product. Just a few sprays of this makes it look well-kept and also cuts down on static and flyaways. I love my hair after I use this spray. I use it when blowdrying too, but generally I will just use it to give my hair some life and luxury by spritzing it when it's dry.

The only downside is a few times the cap got unscrewed and I lost most of the product in my bag. However I do like that it has a little plastic thingy you can turn to lock the spray thingie closed. Love this spray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a no-fuss, easy to use & affordable heat protectant. The spray is very fine unlike others I've tried (GHD etc.), it distributes the product evenly and doesn't drench my hair which is great! Smells nice and works efficiently. It also has a locking mechanism which makes it great for travel. Good product from TreSemme!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I used to straighten my hair everyday (I don't do it everyday anymore. Maybe once a month or so..) and I always used this spray! I feel like it really helped my hair to not getting so damaged and appear more skiny. Of course I can't tell if it really helped against the heat, since I always used it. But I feel like it really does help and everytime i use heat-tools, this is my go-to.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ritaoutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. This is by far the best heat protection spray I have used on my hair. It smells great, the spray is light, it doesn't weigh your hair down, and is a great price! I have been using this product since it came out. I highly recommend it. I use a lot of heat on my hair, and this spray helps to protect my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

There's a reason there's so much hype around this product. It WORKS! I've been using it for several months, and it's really cut down on the damage I do to my hair. I use heat on my hair almost every single day, and this helps to cut down on split ends (which I normally struggle with), and just leave my hair feeling healthier, silkier and shinier.

The spray itself has a nice, pleasant smell, and I genuinely enjoy putting it on my hair. This is my HG heat tamer, and I honestly can't see myself using anything else ever.

BONUS: It's like, what, 5 bucks? Such a bargain.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by StaceySmith945

This is just ok for me, I didn't notice a huge difference in my hair. I personally like the new platinum strength better.