April 17, 2014 | 1558 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by budgetaddict

This product has a pump dispenser, which I like because it keeps the unused makeup clean. I apply it with a foundation brush and find it very easy to blend. The coverage seems to be on the lighter side of medium for me: my freckles show through, which is fine with me!, but it covers my red areas. It has a pleasant scent. I have to use a little powder on my nose b/c I get shiny there, and usually have to touch up the powder during the day, or use a blotting paper b/c I don't like shine. On the other hand, it doesn't settle in and look dry around my eyes, or make my cheks look dry, which I like a LOT. Overall, a very good foundation at a reasonable price and I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by missimperfect

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great foundation. Not a fabulous range of shades to choose from, but I bought two (at that price, you can't lose) and blend them for a perfect match.
Very hydrating on my dry skin, great coverage without being too makeup-y. Very happy. I was using Bobby Brown, but I'm done. At the price of CG, I can really play with blends, depending on the season. Love this makeup. I use the formula in the jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Bronwyn5000

Could it be? a creme to powder foundation that doesn't sit in my pores/lines, and doesn't make me break out?! My gosh, I love it! I have the worst skin ever, spots, scars, dry patches, general unever skintone, black eyes...and this stuff goes on, covers it, and makes me look like those girls who don't wear makeup ( those lucky ducks)! I do put a powder over it, I guess out of habit, but it's not needed for once. I can't believe I over looked this for so long because of my prejudices with cover girl foundations. Aquasmooth went on beautifully, ended up a mess, and gave me cysts. I assumed this would do the same, but no! Also, I'm very pale, NC15, and I bought Ivory natural, because it looked lighter than Ivory even though it was a few shades after...go figure. Anyway, great match! Tad dark, but I'm used to it, but it blends so that you can't tell, and of course it's good because I look like I have some pigment in my face that isn't a red blotch. I still needed to use a concealor on these AWFUL spots I've had for a week, but I certainly don't mind. Especially since I didn't have to layer it, plus set it. It literally took me 5 minutes to put on my face today. With my other foundations ( Laura Geller, Loreal, Mac) it took me a good 10 minutes just to blend, conceal, set, etc.
Oh one more thing, this does not tug at your skin when applying, which is good since my skin is so sensitive and dry in some spots now that its winter, it really saves the pain. Oh yeah, didn't change color! Lasted for HOURS!!!!!!!!! And if my ex fiancee (who is generally mean spirited) says "hey, you look so nice today" and the only thing different is my face makeup, it's a keeper.
LOVE it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by nicholetiffany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Ivory, and really like this.
The last time I tried to purchase foundation, the cosmetologist claimed that "I was much too young for this", and had me try a Maybelline brand instead. However, I'm back to my CG!

The Ivory is actually a human color, not orange or white at all, and the foundation is super-creamy and applies nice. Doesn't fade, and doesn't turn my face into an oily mess a few hours after application. I do wish it concealed a bit more, as I often have dark circles around my eyes... but overall, the finished result is wonderful and I'd definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bclay

I'm reviewing the Advanced Radiance in the JAR. I love this stuff. I read in MORE magazine that a tester used it in a blind test and would've guessed it as a $50 product. I use a sponge to apply and love the coverage. I'm 54 and have sun damage (brown spots) and so still use my Dermablend to spot cover over it. I have to use powder because I'm stilly oily, and my skin looks flawless. Which makes me a magician 'cause without makeup my skin is not very pretty at all. I will definitely buy this again. Previously I was combining all kinds of liquid makeup in an old Clinique bottle to get the best of the best. It was fun and I still use my concoction on days when I don't need the Radiance. Always use my Dermablend, though. I think this is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Resplendent7

Are we talking about the same product here? I spilled half of it out of the jar opening it, thinking that if it's labeled a cream foundation it would be thick. It's a chemical-smelling thick liquid, and settles quite nicely into my 45 yr old wrinkles. Back to Estee Lauder for me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

CG's Aquasmooth was my HG until I tried this foundation. I purchased this in a paler shade than I normally do, I normally wear Classic Beige or Buff Beige, but I read the reviews on MUA and other NC20 ladies are wearing Classic Ivory. I was extremely impressed with the texture and finish of the foundation, it goes on a lot more matte than Aquasmooth, and I didn't really need to apply powder afterwards. It gives medium coverage, and works really well as a concealer. It can look a little cakey if overapplied, but with a light touch this looks extremely natural. If youu have any dry patches, they will be emphasised by this foundation, but I find this is true of almost every creme foundation. The compact is the same shape and size as Aquasmooth, but in a prettier silver color. The sponge isn't the best for applying this foundation, I find I get a much smoother application with a circular foundation sponge. Classic Ivory is absolutely the perfect color for me, I can't believe I was wearing darker shades on my pale skin. Overall, my skin looks fantastic - smooth, even toned and my fine lines are minimised. HG status!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this makeup.. Cover Girl FINALLY came up with a decent foundation... I'm not concerned about covering up wrinkles with this, since i'm in my 20s and have oily and acne-prone skin. The colour is great.. ivory is not pale-as-ghost (hello maybelline!) and dead-looking for once, its actually normal human color and it does not turn orange!!! WOW THat alone is a huge step for CG, they must have hired some new chemists! When applied with a foundation brush it goes on really smoothly, not too runny not too dry. I love the smell .. it smells like a face cream.. so if you are weird about putting stuff on your face that has a scent smell this before you buy!!! It also claims to have Olay ingredients in it.. sure.. i guess.. don't really know about that since they don't specify WHICH ingredients exactly...(water/aqua?) But all in all, pretty descent! It lasted all day (8-6) under hot conditions (bright lamps) The coverage is medium .. actually a perfect medium. All of you who waste money on the "high end" foundations.... ever bother to actually read the ingredients in them? bet you are paying more for the same stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ZorieB

I love this Makeup.It covers right about Everything! yey It does not cause any breakouts,and i like to slightly wet my sponge for a dewy look=)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ew, this is disgusting. I was lured into purchasing this after I read something in More touting it as something that was just FANTASTIC. It was the usual grayish toned, petro-chemical plus fruity smelling crap I should've expected from CG. The weird thing is, despite its thick, goop-like texture, it offers minimal coverage. And, it just made my skin crawl. I couldn't wait to wash it off. The added bonus: it left a nice big zit on my cheek as a parting gift.