Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/6/2008 7:51:00 PM

I bought this and thought it was great. Very cheap and effective. Have been using it for a few months now. Would highly recommend!

on 6/3/2008 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this! I've been using this after a brief stint of indulgence with Redken's All Soft line and I can honestly say I like this better. I've been using this with the Sleek Look conditioner for about 5 weeks and the results are unbelievable for the roughly $2.50 I spent on each at Wal-Mart. I have thick, slightly wavy hair that is past my shoulders. I have terrible frizzies in humid weather and this tames them. A word of caution: If you have a hard time with scents, this one has a very distinct "mediciney" one. It fades significantly after drying, but it's still a factor to consider. I still give it 5 lippies as this doesn't bother me. YAY!

on 4/28/2008 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This shampoo is one of the only drugstore shampoos that I will promote since the rest have turned my head into a yucky mess. This stuff smooths my hair and softens it exceptionally well. I always use in conjunction with the condish so I cant say if it is OK to use on its own. My curls pop, and the frizz is erased. On the days I straighten, my hair is so smooth and so soft, I can't keep my hands away. The smell leaves a little to be desired, but it isn't strong and fades right away. And like the condish, the extremely cheap price allows for multiple repurchases without feeling guilty. I love Suave! For reference, I have collar bone length( when straight), very curly, frizzy, poofy, biracial hair :-)

on 1/23/2008 3:39:00 AM

I used this as a switch from my other shampoo brands (Avon Advanced Techniques, Redken, etc). Although I've never tried Matrix, this shampoo is pretty impressive for the price. Fragrance is so-so. Shampoo itself is rich, creamy, and lathers up well. Left my fine, frizzy, slightly wavy hair manageable, and dare I say it, sleek. Happy to let it air dry, with none of the usual headaches and difficulties. In addition, I have a sensitive scalp, and this shampoo was perfectly okay for me-no itchiness or bad reactions. I was a little concerned initially, because this shampoo seems quite strong, and is, well-cheap. However, combined with the sleek conditioner, this makes a fantastic duo, at a reasonable price. Nice change from plenty of other soapy broken promises rinsed down my shower drain. Buy, buy and buy again.

Update: 2/5/08: I'd recommend this as a temporary switch from your usual brand. I just found it too overwhelming after several washes. Still great value, though.

on 12/17/2007 6:16:00 PM

This product is brilliant!!! I have very thick frizzie hair and this shampoo helpsn SO much!!! Ever since i have started using it my hair has been SO sleek. Not only does it work but it is dirt cheap!! Even my mom noticed that my hair was pretty sleek!! I love this product it is now my favorite shampoo!!

on 12/13/2007 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This shampoo and conditioner of Suave Sleek look is Fabulous, it made my hair after shampooing and conditioning, softer, and ultimatley soft after blow drying, My hair is Non chemically treated, this shampoo is perfect for even my straight mid length hair, the scent is fresh, and comforting, I would definitley repurchase this again, Years before I tried the Matrix of the sleek look shampoo and the conditioner, I HATED the matrix smooth shampoo lines it weighed my hair down horribly, I love this suave!!!!

on 11/26/2007 5:01:00 PM

I'm really liking this shampoo, though I've never tried the Matrix counterpart. After having an unfortunate experience w/ Paul Mitchell's "moisturizing" shampoo, I needed a switch. I don't know what brought me to the reviews of this product, but I'm so glad I did some research before blindly trying a new shampoo! I blow dry & flat iron my hair 5-6 days a week, so I needed something that would help with that endeaver, and not make my hair weaker or drier. I'm happy to say that Sauve's Sleek Shampoo has not let me down, especially since it cost me about $3 at Walgreen's. My hair is sleeker and lays flatter than before, and it takes less time and effort to flat iron. It also feels cleaner than with other shampoos. I have always used a clarifying shampoo once a week, and I'll keep that up to get rid of any buildup from the silicones.
I'm actually also very interested in trying the other shampoos from this line, since the reviews for those are also very good. Yay for effective yet cheap shampoo!

on 11/21/2007 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use this with the matching conditioner. For some reason my thick, coarse, curly hair responds extremely well to most Suave shampoos and conditioners, save just one. My hair goes through a lot on a daily basis: it's washed and conditioned everyday, blow-dried straight everyday and flat-ironed everyday. I need a shampoo that is gentle, will cleanse without stripping or drying out my hair and this shampoo fits the bill. I like that it's inexpensive, I don't have to hunt it down to find it and it smells wonderful. This shampoo is comparable to Matrix Sleek without the heavy price tag.

on 11/15/2007 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great performance at an excellent price. I have used Matrix and other expensive brands and this does the job if not the same but even better than those. I use this in combination with its conditioner companion and they do wonders for my dyed hair.

on 10/17/2007 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair is probably the driest and frizziest hair in the world :) I have tried EVERYTHING, the most expensive products. And I am telling you ever since I bought this product my hair feels smooth and look so healthy!! I couldn't believe it... I never bought suave because I thought it was just a cheap brand and it wouldn't help. Wrong! I will definitely buy this shampoo again!

Popular Shampoos