November 23, 2014 | 1013 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2008 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Rainbowapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this as a switch from my other shampoo brands (Avon Advanced Techniques, Redken, etc). Although I've never tried Matrix, this shampoo is pretty impressive for the price. Fragrance is so-so. Shampoo itself is rich, creamy, and lathers up well. Left my fine, frizzy, slightly wavy hair manageable, and dare I say it, sleek. Happy to let it air dry, with none of the usual headaches and difficulties. In addition, I have a sensitive scalp, and this shampoo was perfectly okay for me-no itchiness or bad reactions. I was a little concerned initially, because this shampoo seems quite strong, and is, well-cheap. However, combined with the sleek conditioner, this makes a fantastic duo, at a reasonable price. Nice change from plenty of other soapy broken promises rinsed down my shower drain. Buy, buy and buy again.

Update: 2/5/08: I'd recommend this as a temporary switch from your usual brand. I just found it too overwhelming after several washes. Still great value, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2007 6:16:00 PM More reviews by JennBenn

This product is brilliant!!! I have very thick frizzie hair and this shampoo helpsn SO much!!! Ever since i have started using it my hair has been SO sleek. Not only does it work but it is dirt cheap!! Even my mom noticed that my hair was pretty sleek!! I love this product it is now my favorite shampoo!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo and conditioner of Suave Sleek look is Fabulous, it made my hair after shampooing and conditioning, softer, and ultimatley soft after blow drying, My hair is Non chemically treated, this shampoo is perfect for even my straight mid length hair, the scent is fresh, and comforting, I would definitley repurchase this again, Years before I tried the Matrix of the sleek look shampoo and the conditioner, I HATED the matrix smooth shampoo lines it weighed my hair down horribly, I love this suave!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by liagibba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm really liking this shampoo, though I've never tried the Matrix counterpart. After having an unfortunate experience w/ Paul Mitchell's "moisturizing" shampoo, I needed a switch. I don't know what brought me to the reviews of this product, but I'm so glad I did some research before blindly trying a new shampoo! I blow dry & flat iron my hair 5-6 days a week, so I needed something that would help with that endeaver, and not make my hair weaker or drier. I'm happy to say that Sauve's Sleek Shampoo has not let me down, especially since it cost me about $3 at Walgreen's. My hair is sleeker and lays flatter than before, and it takes less time and effort to flat iron. It also feels cleaner than with other shampoos. I have always used a clarifying shampoo once a week, and I'll keep that up to get rid of any buildup from the silicones.
I'm actually also very interested in trying the other shampoos from this line, since the reviews for those are also very good. Yay for effective yet cheap shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I use this with the matching conditioner. For some reason my thick, coarse, curly hair responds extremely well to most Suave shampoos and conditioners, save just one. My hair goes through a lot on a daily basis: it's washed and conditioned everyday, blow-dried straight everyday and flat-ironed everyday. I need a shampoo that is gentle, will cleanse without stripping or drying out my hair and this shampoo fits the bill. I like that it's inexpensive, I don't have to hunt it down to find it and it smells wonderful. This shampoo is comparable to Matrix Sleek without the heavy price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Great performance at an excellent price. I have used Matrix and other expensive brands and this does the job if not the same but even better than those. I use this in combination with its conditioner companion and they do wonders for my dyed hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by llmacll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair is probably the driest and frizziest hair in the world :) I have tried EVERYTHING, the most expensive products. And I am telling you ever since I bought this product my hair feels smooth and look so healthy!! I couldn't believe it... I never bought suave because I thought it was just a cheap brand and it wouldn't help. Wrong! I will definitely buy this shampoo again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by alexandriamare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, i'll admit, i was suckered by the claim as well. Matrix Sleek.Look use to be my FAVORITE shampoo&conditioner combo, until I realized it was breaking me out like crazy :[. So i had to discontinue, and have been looking for the right 'smoothing' shampoo ever since. This is amazing for the price, you really cant complain about anything thats two dollars. Is it as good as matrix? no, not really. But it's definitely a close second. I'd rebuy this again, but I have noticed that either this or Sunsilk Beyond Brunette Shampoo&Conditioner has given me so much buildup that I have to use Herbal Essences Drama Clean S&C every so often.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jbabygirl88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo when I read that it was supposed to be as good as Matrix, which is my favorite shampoo of all time. I agree that it is definitely as good, if not better since it's less than $2 a bottle. I have mid length, colored hair that is slightly wavy. I also live a really high humidity area and this shampoo is a life safer against frizz. I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 10:36:00 AM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This line is just ok for me. I have wavy hair that is very fine, but I have a lot of it. I tend to get a lot of frizzes, especially if I blow dry or straighten. I have always had a lot of trouble finding shampoos and conditioners that really work well for my hair. I figured for the price I'd give this a try and see how it works on days where I have to use styling tools on my hair. The smell is nice and the shampoo has a good consistency. But, after styling my hair I saw the same frizz as with many other shampoos. I still use this, but only on days when I am not planning to use tools on my hair.