Glysomed

4.5

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glucose, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel extract), Alcohol Denatured, Rosa Canina Leaf Extract, BHT, Sodium Lactate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Glyceryl Stearate, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Citric Acid, Fragrance

on 10/28/2008 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I found this on clearance at the grocery store for $1.75 and decided to give it a whirl. I'm always on the lookout for new hand creams that might actually make a difference. I tell you what, I was impressed by this little tube! Without any exfoliation beforehand, my hands were instantly bathed in moisture and softness and now I can't wait to try them with gloves on overnight. It feels like an instant hand makeover, and absorbs quickly. I can't stop feeling the back of my hands. I've tried my hand (pun intended) at La Mer, and for me, this beats it hands down for price and results. My hands don't feel greasy and have this nice satiny feel to them. What a cheap and wonderful find! Highly recommended if you can find it! I should have bought all of the clearance tubes up! I'm giving this 5 lippies for now as I can't imagine I'll find a more cost effective way to obtain softer hands.

Update - I just exfoliated my hands with a homemade concoction of mine (contains baking soda, tea tree oil, sea salt, and a bunch of other natural ingredients) and then used this after I dried my hands...OMG! What a difference! I am just dying to shake hands with other people at this point... love this Glysomed! Dare I say this combo has completely outdone my Mary Kay Satin Hands!

on 9/10/2008 12:32:00 PM

This stuff is incredible. You can definitely feel the silicone when first applied (which is kinda tacky), but it absorbs pretty quickly and then supplies fantastic moisture and velvety softness. You need very little product and don't need to reapply often at all, so the relatively high price is tolerable. I also like that it is truly unscented, without the chemical smell of many unscented products. I love this stuff and won't touch anything else for my hands. Highly recommended.

on 7/23/2008 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This lotion is the BOMB! I wear gloves all day and I'm constantly washing my hands. This is one of the few lotions that really restores the moisture for me. I can't believe how well this stuff works. Only problem is it's really difficult to find, I've only seen it in Shop Rite.

I got this as a free sample from somewhere (can't remember where) and it hasn't been until yesterday that I even remembered about it. I work on a farm and handle horses for 8 hours per day so my hands have been incredibly dry. I have been trying out different moisturizers but many I need to constantly re-apply. I tried this yesterday and today and so far quite like it. Although it doesn't moisturize as much as my hands need it to, I really like it. I don't know if I have a different batch or what, but I didn't find this product to be overly greasy. It takes a few minutes for it to sink into your hands but it's a very nice and thick cream.

on 6/17/2008 2:56:00 AM

I absolutely love this stuff. I am a little OCD about washing my hands which drys out my already dry hands. Typically with other lotions my skin will start to feel dry again within 30 minutes to an hour, but with Glysomed they stay hydrated until I wash my hands again. I use the original scented kind and I like it. The smell is not obstrusive, it's kind of floraly and not overpowering. This is the only lotion that makes my hands soft again.

on 5/3/2008 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was introduced to this a year ago by seeing someone posted on their beauty blog. I didn't really think of it as much a big deal at first thought.

After 3 months using it, I have to say this product promises what it does. the thing with glysomed is that they may not have fancy-schmancy advertisements promoting their products- I never see them on tv break ever. I have to say this low-key product totally delivers! The package is green but attractive to the eye than all those shelf-sitting products in drugstores. LOL

I love to wash my hand at least 15 times a day-going to washroom not included. Constant washing my hand just makes my sensitive and dry skin even worse. At nighttime, I will put some on my hands and just sleep. The next day, the back of my hand is silky smooth. I am absolutely surprised-especially I wash my hand once before I go to sleep. After I finishe mine I want to buy the fragrance free one.

I give this 41/2 stars, half star is off because I don't like how my hand felt -kind of greasy- within first few minutes of application. Next stop for me - I'm trying for their body lotion and their other lines of products.

on 4/27/2008 5:45:00 AM

This hand cream is very greasy, but very protective. Unfortunately, it's so greasy I only use it for my whole hand in the winter, and only on the backs of my hands when it's warmer. The tube, though, is a perfect size for all my bags because all the other tubes of hand lotion/cream are much too big. It's a flip-top, so that's handy, too. Will repurchase because of convenience/size/decent sales and easy of purchase (I can find this anywhere--supermarket, drugstore), but only 4 lippies because I have gripes about its greasiness.

Ingredients: water, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, caprylic triglyceride, octyldodecanol, petrolatum, dimethicone, sorbital, sodium cetearyl sulfate, phenoxyethanol, allantoin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, ethoxydiglycol, ethylparaben, propylparaben, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, butylene glycol, glucose, bht, sodium lactate, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, bisabolol, citric acid.

on 4/11/2008 5:00:00 PM

This has become my HG handcream. Its a great formula for my hands. Not sticky or greasy and makes my hands feel soft. I don't particularly like the smell though. I actually like Herbacin Kamille's smell better which has the same formula. Problem is, Herbacin Kamille's travel size tube is either a tall skinny tube which is too big for my bag or a small tin can which is not very secure. So i switched to Glysomed b/c it had the perfect sized tube to put in my bag. If Herbacin Kamille came out with the perfect size travel tube, I would switch back for sure!

on 4/11/2008 12:59:00 AM

Cheap, not greasy, and makes my hands SO soft! I like to buy the portable little tubes to throw in my purse when I'm going out (also it seems more sanitary to me than a tub), but honestly I'd take this in any form.

on 4/11/2008 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried different hand creams over the years (Vaseline, Nivea , St Ives, Lubriderm , Dove, Sally Hansen, Herbacin and many other odd drugstore brands) but this is the HG of hand creams for me. I prefer the unscented one as the scented one is a bit too strongly fragranced. The creamy non-greasy formula holds in moisture and I put it on every night at bedtime, especially in the winter months when dryness is such an issue, to keep hands moisturized and keep hangnails at bay. continued >>