August 21, 2014 | 1178 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Glysomed

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

I got this as a free sample from somewhere (can't remember where) and it hasn't been until yesterday that I even remembered about it. I work on a farm and handle horses for 8 hours per day so my hands have been incredibly dry. I have been trying out different moisturizers but many I need to constantly re-apply. I tried this yesterday and today and so far quite like it. Although it doesn't moisturize as much as my hands need it to, I really like it. I don't know if I have a different batch or what, but I didn't find this product to be overly greasy. It takes a few minutes for it to sink into your hands but it's a very nice and thick cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

I absolutely love this stuff. I am a little OCD about washing my hands which drys out my already dry hands. Typically with other lotions my skin will start to feel dry again within 30 minutes to an hour, but with Glysomed they stay hydrated until I wash my hands again. I use the original scented kind and I like it. The smell is not obstrusive, it's kind of floraly and not overpowering. This is the only lotion that makes my hands soft again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by supersally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was introduced to this a year ago by seeing someone posted on their beauty blog. I didn't really think of it as much a big deal at first thought.

After 3 months using it, I have to say this product promises what it does. the thing with glysomed is that they may not have fancy-schmancy advertisements promoting their products- I never see them on tv break ever. I have to say this low-key product totally delivers! The package is green but attractive to the eye than all those shelf-sitting products in drugstores. LOL

I love to wash my hand at least 15 times a day-going to washroom not included. Constant washing my hand just makes my sensitive and dry skin even worse. At nighttime, I will put some on my hands and just sleep. The next day, the back of my hand is silky smooth. I am absolutely surprised-especially I wash my hand once before I go to sleep. After I finishe mine I want to buy the fragrance free one.

I give this 41/2 stars, half star is off because I don't like how my hand felt -kind of greasy- within first few minutes of application. Next stop for me - I'm trying for their body lotion and their other lines of products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 5:45:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

This hand cream is very greasy, but very protective. Unfortunately, it's so greasy I only use it for my whole hand in the winter, and only on the backs of my hands when it's warmer. The tube, though, is a perfect size for all my bags because all the other tubes of hand lotion/cream are much too big. It's a flip-top, so that's handy, too. Will repurchase because of convenience/size/decent sales and easy of purchase (I can find this anywhere--supermarket, drugstore), but only 4 lippies because I have gripes about its greasiness.

Ingredients: water, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, caprylic triglyceride, octyldodecanol, petrolatum, dimethicone, sorbital, sodium cetearyl sulfate, phenoxyethanol, allantoin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, ethoxydiglycol, ethylparaben, propylparaben, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, butylene glycol, glucose, bht, sodium lactate, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, bisabolol, citric acid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become my HG handcream. Its a great formula for my hands. Not sticky or greasy and makes my hands feel soft. I don't particularly like the smell though. I actually like Herbacin Kamille's smell better which has the same formula. Problem is, Herbacin Kamille's travel size tube is either a tall skinny tube which is too big for my bag or a small tin can which is not very secure. So i switched to Glysomed b/c it had the perfect sized tube to put in my bag. If Herbacin Kamille came out with the perfect size travel tube, I would switch back for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by skandia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cheap, not greasy, and makes my hands SO soft! I like to buy the portable little tubes to throw in my purse when I'm going out (also it seems more sanitary to me than a tub), but honestly I'd take this in any form.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Krycek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried different hand creams over the years (Vaseline, Nivea , St Ives, Lubriderm , Dove, Sally Hansen, Herbacin and many other odd drugstore brands) but this is the HG of hand creams for me. I prefer the unscented one as the scented one is a bit too strongly fragranced. The creamy non-greasy formula holds in moisture and I put it on every night at bedtime, especially in the winter months when dryness is such an issue, to keep hands moisturized and keep hangnails at bay. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by anandakatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Add my voice to the others raving about this product! I have hypersensitive skin, so almost anything will cause my skin to react with itching and rashes. This does not (I use the fragrance-free version), and moisturizes my hands well. Additionally, this contains bisabolol, which is an anti-irritant. The dimethicone locks in the moisture and the glycerin is a humectant. I have to use only a little though or it does make my hands greasy. I also use a tiny dab of it on my lips, and it moisturizes better than my Blistex Gentle Sense lip balm. Another use that I have found for it is on dry, scaly patches of eczema on my upper arms and body; using this cream nightly on those areas banished them within a few nights. I have already repurchased this hand cream -- one for my purse and one to keep at home.

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glucose, BHT, Sodium Lactate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Bisabolol, Citric Acid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Jakquetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

One of the best hand creams around. I've tried a lot, L'Occitane, Nivea Creme, Eucerin, Curel, BlissLabs, etc. and this ranks up there on my list. It moisturizes a lot, always leaving my hands very soft AND stays that way until I wash my hands. The scent does not bother me, I think it's a bit neutral already (I know some people don't like it though).

Too bad it isn't widely available in my area, there was only one major chain that carried it then disappeared. But, I'm still on the search for it. It's great for winter, to put in the car and before sleeping. Very underrated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This one is the bomb, the rough spot near my thumb, disappeared almost 90% the first night of using this and by the second application it was gone. I could not find my cetaphil in the cvs/walgreens/riteaid. Found this little gem instead, did some research here and voila!! so happy i tried this thing out. The only con is that its greasy..so i use this as my night treatment..this stuff works like magic.I remember reading in the reviews here it coats like a glove that is true.I got the scented one, its takes a little getting used to, now it does not bother me at all. I hope they never stop making this product ever!
Update** After trying Herbacin, i am cutting a star off...i like that one much better.