April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Arrrrgghhhh. . . . tuberose. Comes out initially like a multifaceted rose, quite lovely. Ten secons later, cue the theme from "Jaws". . . Gigantic tuberose looms menacingly on the horizon partially filling the sky. Yet there's hope, is that oakmoss? sandalwood? treading delicately onto the scene? Wait! Look out! Their beautiful lives cut sadly short by Tyrannica the Tuberose. If this is your thing, great, super duper strong, huge sillage and one spritz will last into the next millenium. Giorgio you've met your match. I'll stick with Aliage and Knowing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by beachgirl82

I personally do not use this fragrance, but my mom has used this for years, and she gets compliments all the time on how she smells, it is a tad bit strong for me and thats why i dont wear it, but the dry down is beautiful... this is such a nostalgic smell to me, for some reason i remember thinking this perfume smelled like apple juice when i was a kid, but it is very pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bubblygirl

Thankfully I only had a sample tube of this stuff. If I had paid for this, I would have been so angry.

This perfume has such a bitter-smelling top note that I can't even bare to wait and smell the drydown. It is so repulsive to me, and the initial notes are so strong that if you don't like it you have to wash and wash until you get the stench out. It also reminds me of something an old lady with sinus issues would wear.

If I ever got on an elevator with someone wearing this perfume, I'd retch. I'm honestly surprised that people here actually seem to like it!

HOWEVER, there is one bright spot. Estee Lauder sells a companion perfume called Beautiful Sheer. At first I thought it would be a lighter version of the Beautiful, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. It is nothing like Beautiful at all. Beautiful Sheer smells like a light, sweet floral. It seems youthful but not childish, so it is great for any age. If you are thinking of getting the Beautiful perfume, I'd say hold off and get the Sheer instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've worn this perfume for years, its not meant to be sprayed on, just a little touch will last all day or night. Its best on women who are confident, classy and have a way about them. There are so many layers to this scent, it blooms all evening long and for as long as I've owned each bottle, the scent has never weakened or altered.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by win24

This used to be my HG perfume in the 90's. I do remember sneezing a lot when I wore it. I always got compliments on it though... I tried it again recently and I sneezed again and thought of how strong the perfume really is. I guess I just can't wear it anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful is a strong aldehydic sweet floral with some vanilla in the drydown. I personally didn't enjoy being surrounded in this fragrance. Does smell classy and expensive but it's not for me. Incredible lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was kind of harsh and bitter smelling(that brought tears to my eyes almost) in the beginning, but then it dries down to a nice floral- powder scent. I think this is one of Lauder's best scents. The others stank of something old and moldy. I have the generic version. Nice for the Spring and Summer months. Update: The more I wear this, I seem to enjoy it! Great for summer! If it's not applied heavily, than this is very nice! It is harsh in the opening but than it dries down to a powdery floral scent that's crisp and light(although a bit sweet)and yet, it's also a bit citrusy. The same perfumer also made Vanderbilt, which I think smells similar to this. Also, I don't get "old lady" with this, as some have mentioned. Now, I know someone who wore this years ago and I thought it was an "older" smelling scent, but elegant. Just depends on the person I guess! In fact, on me, it smells uplifting and youthful. So, if it is a bit "old lady", than that's okay with me! I'd rather smell an "old lady" (or smell like one!) who wore this than some of those other stinkies out there because at least this smells classy, not cheap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This really is one of my daily perfumes. It's light and kind of musky floral, and I really like it. I don't think the smell is dated at all, even though it's been around forever. I'm into florals and orientals and can't stand fruity scents on myself, and to me Beautiful is kind of the best of both worlds. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Liita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this! ever since I was a kid. Itīs so soft and nice, itīs a classic, I do find it a bit... old lady, but still I would wear it, because itīs a very very nice, femenine fragance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by knarleighstuff

This is my all time favorite scent!