Estee Lauder Beautiful

3.4

on 2/16/2010 2:50:00 AM

Certainly not a granny scent. How tiresome that comment is. One day the fragrances of 2010 will be labelled 'granny' scents. Think about it. Still, Beautiful is a very big, feminine scent. For special occasions, and should only be applied lightly.

on 1/23/2010 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I agree definitely a grannie scent. Strong soapy and masculine scent.

on 12/28/2009 10:35:00 PM

The very first thing that came to my mind when smelling this was grandma scent! While I do not think any grandma wearing this scent would smell anything close to bad it is just not appealing to me and has a very mature scent to it. However there are other fragrances that I associate with older women in my family that I think are more alluring.

on 12/21/2009 10:11:00 PM

Funny my dear melbell1, my grandma does wear this wonderful fragrance and she smells like angels! Wait, did you mean to say that our grandmas smell bad? Oh wait, I'm starting to get it, you did! You did mean to suggest that this fragrance smells undesirable and so you compare it to what our mothers, our grandmothers smell like... Oh nice! So I guess there's no love for the women in your family who raised you? Interesting...

on 12/20/2009 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use to sell Beautiful left and right! It is one of my least favorite perfumes out there.I don't know why everyone loves this scent.Its so floral and smells like a grandma.

on 12/16/2009 6:19:00 AM

i have an almost full bottle of this still i bought several years ago. i bought it because it smelled so good on a friend. while i love tuberose i just dont reach for this. it is just so heavy and stagnant on me. i really should give it away but i keep thinking i will regret it if i do and i dont know why.

on 11/27/2009 11:35:00 AM

A long lasting, floral fragrance. It smells too strongly of lily and tuberose with a hint of rose and other flowers. It is like someone constantly pushing a fragrant bouquet of flowers up your nose. It stays sickly sweet on me. There is no soft or sandalwood dry down on my skin. Definitely not a fragrance to be spritzed all over the body just a small amount is needed, if at all.

on 11/22/2009 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have been on a fragrance kick. This is a fragrance I would use for special occasions. I like it...very feminine. Plus, only takes a little bit and lasts all day.
Edit: After the dry down it's powdery and makes me cough. I guess I'll give it away.

on 11/12/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Arrrrgghhhh. . . . tuberose. Comes out initially like a multifaceted rose, quite lovely. Ten secons later, cue the theme from "Jaws". . . Gigantic tuberose looms menacingly on the horizon partially filling the sky. Yet there's hope, is that oakmoss? sandalwood? treading delicately onto the scene? Wait! Look out! Their beautiful lives cut sadly short by Tyrannica the Tuberose. If this is your thing, great, super duper strong, huge sillage and one spritz will last into the next millenium. Giorgio you've met your match. I'll stick with Aliage and Knowing.

on 9/22/2009 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I personally do not use this fragrance, but my mom has used this for years, and she gets compliments all the time on how she smells, it is a tad bit strong for me and thats why i dont wear it, but the dry down is beautiful... this is such a nostalgic smell to me, for some reason i remember thinking this perfume smelled like apple juice when i was a kid, but it is very pretty.

Popular Fragrances