Givenchy Mister Light

4.1

on 10/27/2009 9:59:00 PM

*makeup bag mainstay*
Mister Light replaced the YSL in my make up bag essentials from the first time I tried it. I was a bit alarmed at how dark the no.5 seemed, but the slightly coral tones really knock out dark circles and the coverage is brilliant without being too thick. Unlike the sheer and shiny Touche, this can be used on red patches if I haven't had time for a full face. Application is easy and efficient.

on 10/1/2009 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

i looove this concealer. i've realized that no matter how opaque the concealer, it will not cover up my dark dark purpley blue circles. however, this light reflecting concealer helps sooo much. it doesn't have really great coverage, but the light reflecting particles in it mask imperfections better than any heavy coverage concealer ever could. it also offers more natural coverage, since anything opaque is going to look funny. my circles are still visible, but they are so much less prominent that i doubt anyone even notices them...i sure don't!

on 7/18/2009 2:15:00 AM

Absolutely love this concealer! It matches my skin tone perfectly, it covers up dark circles really well, and it doesn't settle into fine lines. It works well, with or without foundation, and it looks completely natural. definitely recommend this concealer!

on 6/20/2009 8:31:00 PM

My sister bought this a few weeks ago at Sephora. I watched the sales lady put it on her and it made her eye area noticeably brighter and she looked much more refreshed and awake. It erased her dark circles and reduced the puffiness under her eyes.

I've tried Boi-ing from Benefit, and some Revlon concealers. Both of them settled into the lines around my dry eyes and made it look so unnatural. When I borrowed this from my sister, I was wowed by the difference in quality. It is not at all drying and it makes my under eye area look smooth and less puffy and dark. I'm definitely going to buy one for myself!

on 2/28/2009 2:57:00 AM

I bought this in #2/Mister Milk to replace my YSL Touche Eclat (also in #2) for my undereye area. Unfortunately I much prefer the YSL. I didn't have any problems with it but being the product junkie that I am, I always want to try newer + more expensive things ...

As mentioned by previous reviewers, this is quite creamy and and has more coverage than the YSL which I don't need IMHO. Fortunately I only have slight dark circles. I haven't tried this on blemishes (I use Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer for those). In terms of wear, I haven't noticed any flaking, creasing, or drying out of my skin.

What gets me is the glitter in this. Why would you need glitter just under your eyes or over your zits?! It is very fine and sparsely distributed though so I guess no one can see unless super observant. In addition, the colour match isn't perfect although this is more my problem rather than the product's. The #2 is a bit too yellow for me (#1 is too pink) and in photos my undereyes seem to kind of have a radioactive glow despite having put on a minimal amount (but then again I could just be imagining it cos it's not as if anyone's told me so). The YSL #2 is also a bit too yellow - I've thrown out my old one so can't compare directly - for me but as it is sheerer, it wasn't so obvious.

Also silly me for buying this without checking the ingredients, but it contains TiO2 which clogs my pores and breaks me out. Hopefully the concentration isn't high enough to affect me but in the meantime, I will continue to use this as it was expensive. It's not a horrible product but I will not repurchase.

For reference:

Skin Tone Fair-skinned Asian (Chinese) with neutral-yellow undertones (NC 15, MUFE F&B #38, Kevyn Aucoin SSE SX5)

Ingredients Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Nylon-12, Disterdimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Methylparaben, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Phenoyxethanol, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Hesperetin Laurate, Sodium Methylparaben, BHT, Sodium Propylparaben, Sodium Ethyparaben. [+/-: CI 77491- CI77494- CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica] continued >>

on 2/10/2009 7:31:00 AM

I love this product! I have terrible dark circles and I use CDP (which is fabulous) for work or when I'm going out somewhere; but when I'm just taking my daughter to school or doing the grocery shopping this is what I go for. Mister Light is like Touche Eclat but 10 times better. I brush it on, blend it, then I like to set it with a little LM Brightening Powder and that's me good to go! The color range is not the best, there's only about 6 colors to choose from and they don't really cover a wide variety of skin tones. I wear #5 which is perfect for my medium/olive skin.

on 1/4/2009 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This concealer turned out really nice! At $31, it better be nice. I blended #3 and #4 for my olive NC 20-ish skin. #3 has just enough yellow to neutralize dark shadows yet has a little peach to brighten and blend into my skin without being too beigey but it's still a little too light. #4 on its own is a little dark and too beigey so I blend both for a custom shade that matches perfectly. This is not exactly ideal but I'm used to blending my concealers so I always budget for two shades. Pen and wand concealers tend to be thin and sometimes almost watery but Mister Light is quite creamy. Such a creamy formula would've been better in a tube applicator since it gunks up the brush and doesn't apply very well. I prefer to swipe the pen on the back of my and and dab some concealer onto my undereyes with my fingers. Although the formula is on the creamy side, it's still not a true creamy concealer like the pot concealers so you have to blend quickly. Once the concealer dries (which it does quickly), blending will be hard. The coverage is fantastic! The light consistency allows for buildable coverage without any cakiness. The concealer stays on all day (also a first for me with pen concealers) and doesn't dry out my skin. I had no flaking, caking, or pooling. The only thing I don't love about Mister Light is the microglitter in the formula. It's not obnoxiously glittery but still enough that I can see it although I doubt other people see it unless they're right in my face and are inspecting my skin. I don't think it does anything to deflect light or whatever else Givency claims.

on 10/28/2008 9:53:00 PM

I've never gone goofy over a concealer before, but I love my Mr. Milk, I'm very fair and it really does help me look fresh and pulled-together. I dab it underneath my eye (a little goes a long way for me) and I use a very *minute* amount on my blemishes and then blend with a tiny brush. I've never gone for the 'full coverage' under eye concealment look - I just want the purple at the inner corners brightened so this is great for me.
I love the formula - it brightens and never, ever cakes. Just wonderful!

on 8/28/2008 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good concealer for covering red spots on the skin, like broken capillaries, or blemishes. It sinks right into the skin and doesn`t look makeupy at all. It doesn`t cover under eye circles very well though, because it is has a light coverage. Choose a shade lighter than you would expect because it darkens a bit after it dries. Overall, a wonderful consistency, with a easy to use application pen brush...

on 6/21/2008 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for months but still somewhat undecided on whether I'd re-purchase. It covers the darkness under my eyes fairly well but I still feel like it doesn't provide total coverage, and the wand/brush applicator is relatively useless - it leaves streaks so I have to blend with my fingers or a concealer brush. It would be nice if an undereye concealer applicator actually did something than just deposit the product. I do like that the container is a nice slim tube that actually packs a lot of product so I didn't run out in a month, that the concealer itself doesn't cake and doesn't feel thick and heavy, but I think ultimately I need something with a tad more coverage. For color reference I'm NC20 in MAC, Px Ecru and I use Mister Milk in this concealer.

Top Rated Givenchy Products