October 21, 2014 | 1827 users online

Eyeliner - Almay - Amazing Lasting 16 Hour Eye Pencil in Precise Black

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2005 10:34:00 AM More reviews by sinful_thinking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wasn't crazy about this eyeliner at all. I found it smudged and it wasn't dark enough. I prefer Annabelle's black pencil eyeliner. It is cheaper and it goes on darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 2:40:00 PM More reviews by everlong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The one item in my makeup routine I use the most is eyeliner. I have to say this eyeliner is easy to apply with no tugging or pulling. It lasts all day with hardly any smudging(or at least an 8 hour work day) and comes off easily when I wash my face. This is a definite staple in my stash.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2005 10:48:00 PM More reviews by cagirl

I bought this on a whim and it has turned out to be my favorite eyeliner! It goes on easy with a nice line and really lasts all day without smudging or reapplying. Since it stays so well, you really need a dual-phase (like bi-facil, or the almay one) to take it off. Would definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2005 11:27:00 PM More reviews by PeachyLichee

I've always been a fan of Almay when it comes to mascara and eyeshadows, so I thought, "Hey, if they're great with mascaras and eyeshadows, why not the eyeliner too?"

The packaging this eyeliner comes in is pretty much a piece of cardboard with plastic casing on top of the pencil, just like more make-up you'd find in a convienant store.

The price is decent when you compared it to make up from Clinique or Estee Lauder, but when compared to Revlon or Maybelline, it runs about the same pricing level.

What made me very disappointed about this product was that it'd give me really bad smears and marks under the eyes within 4-5 hours, but that's because I tend to have oily lids, especially in the summer. I think if you have an oily complexion, you'd be able to pull it off in the winter, but otherwise in the summer or hot weather, I wouldn't recommend it.

It's not a bad eyeliner pencil, but I wouldn't say it's worth it for the price. The reason I liked it was because of the actual black color. It's not that artificial black-blue color, nor is it the slate gray color (especially when it CLEARLY states: Black), but for me, I like my lines clear and crisp, not smudgy. Smudgy just makes my eyes look more tired and draw more attention to my eye circles at the bottom.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2005 4:17:00 PM More reviews by charmy186

i don't know what happened. the first time i used this, it worked, but later on, it smudged horribly. really sucks.

tried this again today. didn't smudge as much. maybe because it wasn't as hot/humid. i guess i'd still use this...maybe in the winter, when the weather is a lot drier. i have oily eyelids anyway, maybe that's whats making it act like that? i'm off to try MAC fluidline though, b/c i heard its really good...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2005 2:02:00 AM More reviews by s3dated

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply put: not black enough. But the 'self-sharpening' applicator & kohl feel are great.