Kanebo KATE super sharp liner

4.3

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I found the Super Sharp liner to be a great product for simplifying my morning routine. The pen allows even e/l challenged people like me to do their eyes quickly and easily. I find myself reaching for this constantly, as I have to be at work at 7am, and this is so easy to use. One coat isn't very black, more of a charcoal gray, but it can be layered to make it darker. It comes out of the pen wet but not too wet, and it dries very quickly so no fear of it transferring to your eyelid as with other viscous liners. My only complaint is that it only comes in 2 colors: black and brown. I will definitely repurchase.

on 4/18/2007 10:25:00 PM

For someone who is starting to use an eyeliner, this is a good one to start with, very easy to control. The reason why I only give it a three is becos the black looks more like greyish black to me, and one tube only lasts me less than two months. For someone going for the natural look, this is a good choice, but for a more dramatic look, you may have to look for some other brand. I will not repurchase as I am keen to try out other brand, this is a good find but definitely not HG.

on 3/8/2007 11:52:00 PM

Love this eyeliner. I have tried tons of different liners and up until I read about this one here, my favorite has been the gel liner by Bobbi Brown. Now I will use this or the Chanel liquid liner. This Kate liner has amazing staying power perhaps too amazing. Now my problem is finding something that will actually remove it without major tugging and such. Any advice? I had always used either Lancome or Bobbi Brown eye makeup remover but this stuff is hard to remove.

on 2/12/2007 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing HG liner. I have found this to be super easy to use and it creates the finest and most precise line. It is super fine and creates a flawless look. I willl be purchasing this again.

on 12/6/2006 6:18:00 PM

My HG eyeliner. Highly pigmented, and quite budge-proof. The super-sharp tip (as per its name) makes lining my eyes a breeze. My first liquid eyeliner was with Maybelline and it was terrible, especially the brush. I stock up on Kate whenever I visit Japan.

on 12/2/2006 10:22:00 AM

I'm very new to using eyeliners. Just starting trying out for over a month. In fact, I only use pencil liners. After hearing all the raves of this product, I decided to give it a try. It's really a very good eyeliner. I have oily eyelids and my eyeshadow will crease on my eyelids by the afternoon. However, this eyeliner didn't smudge a bit even till I get home after work.

It is truly SUPER SHARP! I don't have a very steady hand but I have no problem drawing a fine line using this eyeliner =) It's really very good value for money.

on 11/20/2006 7:54:00 PM

This is my HG liquid eyeliner! My very first liquid eyeliner was some Maybelline one, and it was **terrible** trying to get an even line - the tip was too soft and uncontrollable, and I practically gave up on liquid eyeliners for some time. This KATE one is just perfect, almost fool-proof, for a controlled, precise application. The color I use is black, which is nice and dark, though not quite as rich/intense as I would hope. This was about US$10 in Japan, and readily found at almost any drugstore. It's harder to find in Hong Kong, though. This eyeliner is much better than KATE's other eyeliner - the quickliner, I think. That doesn't do as good a job - the tip is not as fine and precise as this one is. No smudging either - amazinggg! Love! A definite repurchase.

on 11/5/2006 5:17:00 AM

This is the best liquid eyeliner ! Can build on for intensity. I have it in brown, thinking to get the black one next, love the packaging and quality.

on 9/8/2006 4:32:00 AM

Love this liner. I was hesitant to buy it since a lot of reviewers said it wasn't black (I got the black one yes)- after much mental anguish, I finally sucked it up and bought it. In the store, I swatched it on my hand and it certainly didn't look dark black- however at home, on my eye- it was black. Not as dark as say, Mac Blacktrack Fluidline but certainly not light greyish black. I love it. The fine brush lets you draw a "Albion-type" fine line LOL (otherwise known as a super fine precise line) and the pen style gives you great control. I will definately purchase this again!!

sorry to mess up the perfect score. its everything like the other viewers mentioned. great liquid liner that dosent smudge, lasts all day, gives a natural thin line. colour isnt deep black but kinda looks grey on me. unfortunately i cant repurhcase this cos whenever i use this, my eyes swell! stupid eyes!! so if you arent sensitive, i highly recommend this if you are looking for a liner that is smudgeproof and cheap.

Top Rated Kanebo Products