April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kurokokoro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my skin was feeling tight and dry, so i visited the outlet and got this. since the word 'oil' sounded interesting for a cleansing wash, it caught my attention.
it made my skin feel smoother just after the first wash. thought it was amazing!
the smell is just wonderful, a little sweet but light. smell does not linger long though, probably for an hour or slightly shorter...
does not lather as much as the description says it will, but it does smooth well our your skin during shower...
will repurchase...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jenikat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HEAVENLY! This is the only way I can describe this! My face is oily, but my bodily skin is quite dry and undernourished (I'm lazy about body lotion), so this product was a dream come true for me. It leaves my skin velvety soft, and probably would be even better if I added some body lotion afterwards, but why ruin a good thing? I generally stay away from almond scented stuff because for me it is associated with some awful pet smells in my past, but the scent of this shower oil is amazingly light, yet sweet and warm. I can't wait til my husband smells it on me. It doesn't smell like pure almond oil, and smells like it's mixed with some other scent that's a lot softer. It is a real treat. I do wish it came in gallon sized jugs because I would buy it all up. I felt lucky being able to get it in the store today because the cashier said they haven't been able to keep it on the shelves since it was mentioned in a recent Lucky Magazine. I will be buying this again and again, assuming I have the money for it. I will certainly keep an eye out for alternatives, but I think it will be very difficult to duplicate such a delicate, yet impactful scent that lingers for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by 1MVP1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Amande Shower Oil is a great, unique product. It has good moisturizing properties and if I am short on time, I can skip the lotion after my shower - even in the dry Michigan winter. I wouldn't recommend doing this every day, but it can be an excellent time saver in the morning!

The smell is pleasant, but I'm just not that crazy about it. It somehow reminds me of 'new Barbie smell' from when I was a kid.

I go through a bottle quickly, so even though other reviewers state a little goes a long way, I must be heavy handed as I find I use quite a bit. It is fairly expensive, but no more than other L'Occitane body washes. It is worth it to have one less product (lotion) in my gym bag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I gave this 5 lippies because it is the only product of it's kind that I know of. It's an oil that foams lightly when mixed with water, and it's main purpose-which it does very well--is not to strip your skin of the oils that keep it moist and to protect your skin from losing additional moisture during the day. I don't need to use very much to clean my body, and it smells delightfully almondy. After showering, my skin is moist, supple, and very lightly scented. I believe that the scent is light enough, and basic enough, that it doesn't interfere with my regular perfume. I use this only in the winter months. I think it would be too cloyingly "oily" feeling in the humid summer months.
Where did I buy this: Sephora B&M store.
Price: $22 for 8 oz.
Packaging: Standard rocker-cap plastic bottle. Be sure to close the cap after each use because if left open and tilted, the product will drain out easily.
Would I buy again: Yup! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by michellebrauner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love, love it! I love the way I smell when I use this. The whole bathroom smells amazing after I shower actually and then I just want to keep smelling my skin. My husband even uses this b/c it smells so great. The smell seems to wear off after about an hour unfortunately. My skin is softer after using it and it works great for shaving. It doesn't foam/lather up much at all but it does the trick. I usually just put a little in my hands, rub them together, until it turns slightly white and then apply to body and I don't need much since it's fairly runny.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I was not impressed with this shower oil. It is suppose to be a foaming shower oil but I did not see much foam at all. I did not really smell the almond scent either when I used this shower gel. This shower oil is nothing but a huge disappointment

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by NikkiHarbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this product. It leaves my skin feeling so soft, and the scent is so light and relaxing. This product is great for any skin type. It's non-greasy, which is odd since it's an oil. I would recommend this to everyone!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this product too! I hesitated on this one because I HATE almond scents but I went to the store and smelled it and it smells lovely. It was buy 2 get one free so I bought two of these and one of the grape. Anyway, this feels so nice on the skin. Silky and soft and the smell is just wonderful. It's a real treat to use!

Now I want the body cream too!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by kuredevurld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I adore this product. I bought it after reading stellar reviews on a beauty blog and was not disappointed.

Even though it is an oil it lightly foams with water and a loofah or with bare hands. It feels silky on the skin and leaves it lightly moisturized and very nicely scented. The scent is not just almond like but also has a very floral quality to it. My whole bathroom smells great after I use this.

I usually use another soap or body wash before this, and then rub this off at the end. I also use it to shave at times, it's very silky.

I took off a lippie because of the price... it's a little expensive for a shower product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Perkup1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't remember where I heard the following advice, but I felt the need to pass it on. This shower oil specifically suggests using this oil as a "shaving base." Well, i don't shave, i get waxed, and have for over 15 years. (we're talking legs right now ladies-knee down to be specific) I would always come home with wax stuck to me from a waxer that wasn't very careful. I heard somewhere that this product was great for removing that excess wax. Which is why most at home waxing kits come with something that removes excess wax. Well, this is the BEST for that. I am not a huge fan of almond scents, but this is mild and the result in amazing. An A+ for removing excess wax, not to mention everything else that has been said in all of the reviews. A great product.