L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 5/21/2009 1:20:00 AM

Absolutely love this product for shaving. I don't use it as a cleansing gel or shower oil just for shaving. My legs used to have this nasty problem of rashes etc when shaving this is the "only" product I have used that makes my legs super smooth and hydrated and smells divine too. Love this product.

This is a fantastic shower gel for added moisture and possibly the nicest shower gel I've used!! I end up needing a good 3 squirts on my shower puff so it's not going to last longer than a couple of weeks AT MOST.

Sadly the price does not justify the equivalent of one cup for $32AUD.

on 2/23/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pure heaven! Great for cleansing parched winter skin. I also use it by itself to shave (best I have used) and also from time to time to wash my face. No breakouts at all. Love it doesn't make everything greasy in the shower. Pricey but since it's so phenomenal & pulls double duty, I won't cringe too much when repurchasing. Also one bottle lasted me nearly 4 months. I would highly recommend this and think it would make a great gift.

on 2/13/2009 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I like it very much. I purchased travel size bottle (75mL) together with Grape shower oil. It has almost the same ingredients as Grape shower oil, the only difference is the scent. In this case scent is very warm and sweet, like almond. While the scent is ok during winter, I donít think I would like it during summer (I find the scent of Grape showe oil a bit peculiar, but much more refreshing than the scent of Almond shower oil). It also moisturizes just as good as Grape shower oil.

on 1/13/2009 12:22:00 PM

This product smells so good and moisturize as well, just a little bit of oil is enough for apply all over my body, is very economic! Love L'occitane!!!

on 1/11/2009 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Smells good and fells good to apply, but somehow I don't fell any moisturizing effect. After you wash it, it's all gone, unlike all the other shower oils I've tried. Guess I'm going back to the good old baby oil.

on 1/9/2009 11:58:00 AM

my skin was feeling tight and dry, so i visited the outlet and got this. since the word 'oil' sounded interesting for a cleansing wash, it caught my attention.
it made my skin feel smoother just after the first wash. thought it was amazing!
the smell is just wonderful, a little sweet but light. smell does not linger long though, probably for an hour or slightly shorter...
does not lather as much as the description says it will, but it does smooth well our your skin during shower...
will repurchase...

on 1/3/2009 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

HEAVENLY! This is the only way I can describe this! My face is oily, but my bodily skin is quite dry and undernourished (I'm lazy about body lotion), so this product was a dream come true for me. It leaves my skin velvety soft, and probably would be even better if I added some body lotion afterwards, but why ruin a good thing? I generally stay away from almond scented stuff because for me it is associated with some awful pet smells in my past, but the scent of this shower oil is amazingly light, yet sweet and warm. I can't wait til my husband smells it on me. It doesn't smell like pure almond oil, and smells like it's mixed with some other scent that's a lot softer. It is a real treat. I do wish it came in gallon sized jugs because I would buy it all up. I felt lucky being able to get it in the store today because the cashier said they haven't been able to keep it on the shelves since it was mentioned in a recent Lucky Magazine. I will be buying this again and again, assuming I have the money for it. I will certainly keep an eye out for alternatives, but I think it will be very difficult to duplicate such a delicate, yet impactful scent that lingers for hours.

on 12/26/2008 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The Amande Shower Oil is a great, unique product. It has good moisturizing properties and if I am short on time, I can skip the lotion after my shower - even in the dry Michigan winter. I wouldn't recommend doing this every day, but it can be an excellent time saver in the morning!

The smell is pleasant, but I'm just not that crazy about it. It somehow reminds me of 'new Barbie smell' from when I was a kid.

I go through a bottle quickly, so even though other reviewers state a little goes a long way, I must be heavy handed as I find I use quite a bit. It is fairly expensive, but no more than other L'Occitane body washes. It is worth it to have one less product (lotion) in my gym bag!

on 12/21/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: I gave this 5 lippies because it is the only product of it's kind that I know of. It's an oil that foams lightly when mixed with water, and it's main purpose-which it does very well--is not to strip your skin of the oils that keep it moist and to protect your skin from losing additional moisture during the day. I don't need to use very much to clean my body, and it smells delightfully almondy. After showering, my skin is moist, supple, and very lightly scented. I believe that the scent is light enough, and basic enough, that it doesn't interfere with my regular perfume. I use this only in the winter months. I think it would be too cloyingly "oily" feeling in the humid summer months.
Where did I buy this: Sephora B&M store.
Price: $22 for 8 oz.
Packaging: Standard rocker-cap plastic bottle. Be sure to close the cap after each use because if left open and tilted, the product will drain out easily.
Would I buy again: Yup! continued >>