April 17, 2014 | 1361 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

I dont really like this product, I found it in my cousin's shower randomly so I began to use it. It might be better for people with drier skintones but for me I found it to be kind of ineffective. Works pretty much the same as any other grainy type scrub out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ravenavery

I've repurchased many times. It's not the only scrub I use (also like Clinique 7-day scrub creme), but it definitely beneficial for my skin.

My biggest reason for loving his product is the oiliness -- it exfoliates and moisturizes pretty heavily at the same time, which is ideal for me in winter.

The scrubbing particles are a bit large, and pointy. If you're concerned about ripping pores (an aesthetician warned me of this!), avoid this product. I scrub fairly gently and have not had any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by peony_k

In Singapore, it's so very hard to get one's hands on Burt's Bees products and when you finally get to see them on the shelves of a store, it's terribly expensive! I bought one jar of this for USD7 plus when I visited America last year. It worked so well I HAD to get one to replace the one I used up. It cost me $28 in Singapore! Gosh, that really burnt a hole in my pocket. But I had to part with my moolah because this jar of goopy brown stuff really worked miracles on my face. I was having cystic acne that popped up more regularly than I exercised! This scrub (which I use daily) sloughed the dead skin off, made my skin softer and the pores smaller. Initially (in the first 3 weeks), I was experiencing a lot more outbreak than usual (purging, I guess?) but I held out and emerged a winner! I got fewer and fewer of those pesky, icky pests of a pimple. I still have one or two now but it's way better than before. I am in love with this product and use it sparingly so that the $28 can last me longer. I've begged my friend who's visiting the States to help me buy a jar back. How I wish she'd be back sooner!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by algebraicdisco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have EXTREMELY dry skin and this product is the only thing I've tried that moisturizes without making my skin feel greasy. I haven't had dry flakes or patches since using it and my face now has a really healthy glow.....and when I'm kissing my boyfriend he says my face smells like oranges which is a cool bonus. The only thing about it that I consider a negative is that it's in a jar. Don't keep in the shower or it'll fill with water and break apart.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by shandamoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been one of my staples for almost ten years-- but not for my face. It's more appropriate for regular use for normal to normal/dry combination skin than oily skinned faces and definitely a NO if you're prone to cystic acne. I use it as a foot scrub-- it cured my cement feet and the citrus stuff apparently works as a foot funk reducer. My hands get softened as a bonus. Best kept in a dark, dry place to prevent mold growth and separation. This would be prevented somewhat if brown glass was used instead of clear for the jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ILoveBreastfeedingnPublic

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was just okay. Not horrible, it didn't irritate me or break me out but it was really nothing special. It's super thick and hard to use and my skin didnt seem to show any improvement. I'd rather get the St. Ive's stuff than this since it's so much cheaper and easier to use. I got it in a small size in a sample pack and I won't be purchasing a full size.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by aechica92

Worst scrub! It made my face oily and disgusting. It broke my face out with huge white heads! I was just getting my acne under control. Don't waste your money. I am the type of person that reads the reviews and things the product will be different for me. Listen to me. Don't buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by bluepie

Great product. Slightly crumbly. Exfoliates but leaves skin feeling really smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Stare_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great natural scrub. I'm a bit surprised and dumbstruck by those who complain that this is "oily" and "dry".... Well, the scrub contains natural oils which aid in breaking down and washing away the sebum and impurities collected in the skin, these are GOOD oils which hydrate and sooth... Also, you are not supposed to scrub it on your skin as is. You are supposed to (read the directions), use a couple drops of water with about a half teaspoon of the scrub, and create an emulsion in your hands, THEN apply it. Don't make me explain these things! :/

Anyhow, it's good stuff! No harsh, irritating, or drying chemicals. It's gentle enough to be used daily. Thanks, Burt!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by MsFeli89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so i have had this scrub just sitting in my medicine cabinet for about more than a year lol. i think i tried to use it once but i didn't really like it for some reason. but today i really needed a scrub bc my face needed to be exfoliatied, i usually just use sugar and my neutrogena oil-free face wash to exfoliate but sugar dissolves so easily. soooo i pulled my citrus scrub out and i dont really like the smell. its kinda strong and not fruity, which i like. and the color is so ugly. BUT OMG i put a lil and mixed with water put it on my face and started scrubbing and I LOVED IT! It didn't scratch my face at all! and it left my skin sooo smooth and soft. It felt great bc its all natural. I will be using this more often and buy another one. It also moisturized my skin which i liked bc it left soft. I just hope it doesn't break me out but til then i will be using it!