April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by watercute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not very impressed, felt heavy and cakey. Made my face look pretty orange, with the palest shade of W1 Ivory. Made my skin feel really dry and breakout in spots. Also not a fan of the packaging with the concealed mirror.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lynear

This powder is ok. I use the True Match foundation and blush as well, and the powder is my least favorite. I still use it though.

I think it's pretty blendable, and the color is nice (N2), but it feels heavy. And it doesn't take long for my skin to get shiny. I don't like the packaging (the mirror on the bottom of the compact is supposed to be...unique? I don't get it and I don't like it. It's hard to use).

I prefer Neutrogena, but I don't hate this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:56:00 AM More reviews by chabbycheeks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Loreal foundations are either lighter or darker than my skin tone, I don't have an exact match. I don't like this powder formula because it makes my skin oilier and it feels thick and heavy. Right after application, my skin feels sticky, I dunno why. The liquid formula doesn't have that same effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Broke me out!!!!! terribly and in less than 2 hours... it may have been an allergy.

Sucks so bad because It was very good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by latoniajeanette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have yellow undertones which makes it a challenge with powders. Sometimes a ashy appearance. In Mac I am between NC44-NC45. True match powder I have w7and w6. I primarily use w7. I can use them as foundation when my skin is clear but when I have acne flares its just setting powder. I have better results with a puff opposed to the sponge in the case. I wish it had more coverage. But I like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by milkandtaxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dunno, it LOOKS nice, but it feels pretty bad on my skin. Very powdery. Also, the sponge included is not very good, and you're better off using a brush. Go with Dream Matte

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Got it in the colour W8 (Creme Cafe). This one i bought a loong time ago. It was the first powder i ever tried and i was so damn disappointed with it. It pulls too red for my yellow-based skintone. The shade ranges are divided into cool, neutral and warm, with warm being slightly yellower. Unfortunately, it isnt yellow enough for my indian skintone. For reference, I wear Bobbi Brown stick foundation in Warm Honey, and in MAC i'd probably be an NC44, with NC45 being too orange.

The texture and all is quite nice, but the shade range was a let-down. Also, it oxidises redder, so you might wanna choose a lighter shade if you're gona get this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by yayasalley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
-Good, convenient packaging.
-Comes with mirror.
-Good for on the go, not very particular person.

Cons:
-Not very blendable.
-Hard to match.
-Holds about 6 hours.

*Might not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

It has medium-full coverage and is thick enough to use without foundation. Gives a smooth flawless finish but I wouldn't buy this again because i already use liquid foundation so I don't need that extra coverage. And another reason, it oxidizes too much and turns my skin orange. I'm not sure if it matters, but I got this in W4 Natural Beige. Maybe it only oxidizes with the warm shades? Not buying again even if it was on sale.
However, I do love their true match liquid foundation, just not the powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MissMarbles47

Pros:
-Good Coverage
-Doesn't itch (if you have odd skin like I)
-Hides redness very well
-Comes in a nice compact
-Does actually match your skin tone
-Depending on the shade and the "undertone" (which colors look best on you, i.e warm colors or cool colors), in which there's either yellow (warm) or blue (cool) dots, the brand makes it easy to find the right concealer, foundation, etc, that matches it.
-Is bendable with other products.

Cons:
-Slight powdery feel (you can feel it)
-You may need to touch up
-Don't use the sponge applicator they have inside; better to get a powder brush to apply it
-Doesn't cover acne all that well