September 1, 2014 | 1161 users online

Powder - Prestige - MultiFinish Wet Dry Powder Foundation

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2006 4:30:00 PM More reviews by stephymaree

I am using this for now until I find something better. I like the coverage but I don't like that this does not control oil all that well. Untill then I will keep buying until I find something better : )

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by springfleur

I'm sorry, I bought this product on the recommendations from this site and I have to say it's just AWFUL. I was looking for something to replace my pricey and hard to get Bare Minerals (I live in the UK) and read the reviews of this and went straight out to get some. I'm 22 and have large pored, slightly scarred, half-asian, combination skin but the problem was not that the coverage was bad (although it was) it was that it made even the oiliest parts of my face look like an arid, gritty desert. I tried applying it with my BE kabuki brush and flawless finish brush as well as with the sponge applicator provided but all application techniques produced the same dull finish. It may not have helped that the colour I bought (Natural Beige) had a greyish undertone, but even the correct colour would be unlikely to improve the horrible, flaky, cracked finish this powder provided. When i tried it wet I got the same effect only worse.

I would like to have loved this and am still holding out hope for the other foundation I've earmarked on this site (physician's formula loose mineral) even though it will be hard to get from the UK. All I can say is that this really wasn't worth the price i paid for it even though it was only a fraction of the price of BE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 5:57:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I might be speaking too soon since I've only been using this a couple days, but so far I LOVE this stuff! I use it in Bisque, and it's a perfect match for my medium-fair skin w/cool undertones, but since the color is fairly neutral I think it would work well for many others as well. It gives a nice medium coverage and is matte without looking dry. I can't stop touching my cheeks when I have this on, because they feel so smooth. I find that it applies best when I actually wet the powder itself and then swipe the sponge applicator over it. The packaging is decent--not the classiest, but I like how portable it is.

This is what I had hoped MAC Studio Fix would be like, and way cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2006 9:57:00 PM More reviews by oregonclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been eyeing high end powder foundations, since they seem to be really nice on the skin. I picked this up on a whim, just to see if I even liked powder foundations.

What an awesome find! The texture of the powder is every bit as nice as Cargo's powder foundation, and almost as nice as Lorac's. Also, the packaging is almost exactly like Lorac's, and superior to Cargo packaging.

Application is even and smooth, it's really blendable (no weird jawline problems), and it's long-wearing. Forget getting high-end, I'll stick with this one! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2005 11:11:00 PM More reviews by dani7865

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree...........this is excellent. Gives nice, glowy coverage, not too matte. Holds back oil quite well. The color selection is not THAT great, but I was able to find something that worked pretty good. Used wet, it gives a bit more coverage, but I apply with a kabuki brush dry, and buff it and it gives an excellent glowing complection. The compact is STUPID, the mirror is underneath the powder in a separate compact with the puff, which is dumb, and I'm a little nervous that the lid may not stay shut, but I can live with it for such a cheap, great product (9.99 in Canada).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2005 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ac1d8urn

this is the only foundation i'll use, period. it gives the perfect glowy coverage & doesnt break me out. i hate the compact though, its arranged so that you have to lift the powder section to get the sponge out, put that section back down to get the product on the sponge, and then lift it back up to look in the mirror. retarded! but i still love this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2005 10:26:00 AM More reviews by corye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love so many things about this product. I have very oily, sensitive skin and it's hard to cover up the red, keep the oilies at bay and not irritate the sensitive spots. This does all that. I use a small amount of liquid foundation on my red spots then use a powder brush to apply this all over, it looks great. It even kept me shine free through an entire day at work, which is unheard of. Dry, it gives natural looking coverage.
Now for my gripes- First off, this packaging is not the greatest. It requires some finesse to get it open, if not done correctly you can pull and pull and it just won't open. I don't like where they put the mirror either, I don't ever use it but if I needed to I think I'd find it difficult.

The colors available are another problem for me. I have Wheat, which looks like a match for my skin but it applies darker than it is in the package, using it wet darkens it by another shade or two. Using it dry works for now, while I have a little color left over from summer, but it's not light enough for my natural color.

And most importantly, it's breaking me out. It's free of all ingredients that I've had problems with in the past but something in this is giving me ginormous zits.
I won't be repurchasing just for this reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2005 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Elle2

I am so surprised by this product--I bought it on a whim and it is my FAVORITE!
Somehow it gives Superior but natural coverage, lasts all day, and has no color change. Unheard of in a powder foundation. It gives a soft glowy effect, and looks GREAT in any light. This is better that Cle de Peau, Chanel, Lancome, Stilla, etc. And I have tried them all, more than once, for my sensitive, oil-prone, hard to match skin. I have gotten many compliments about looking so great, too. Try it--it might make your morning!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 6:51:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a cheapie ds foundation, this is actually pretty good. I use Bisque, the lightest one and my only issue with it is that it's a bit too pink for my PPP NC15 skin (I wear the lightest in every foundation), yet the next shade up was too dark/beige. Oh well. Applied sheerly (dry) it's do-able, and didn't oxidize later in the day. I should try it wet & see how it works that way. Until then, I say this is on par with Maybelline PureStay powder foundation, in much better packaging and reasonably priced. It didn't look too chalky, went on smoothly, covered fairly well, didn't enhance my pores and I only needed one touchup during the day (forehead) on my combo skin. The ingredients are pretty decent too, surprisingly and if not for the too-pink shade of Bisque, I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2005 9:51:00 PM More reviews by foundationlover

This powder foundation is as good as any of the high-end ones that I have used (Dior, Clarins, MAC and Body & Soul) and maybe better than some. The coverage is great (not powdery or cakey) and the shade I use, Soft Spice, matches my skin perfectly. It stays on all day and looks very natural. I'm usually such a snob about my make-up but I would recommend Prestige's inexpensive MultiFinish Wet/Dry Powder Foundation to anyone who used a powder foundation.