September 21, 2014 | 1832 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by hulagal36

Fabulous! I love this product and will ALWAYS use this as my treatment. My hair is color treated and I had recently began the painstaking process of lifting black dye off of my light brown hair in a effort to totally strip off the black dye. Needless to say my hair needed to have good quality products to deliver the moisture and protein back into my hair. Aveda Damage Remedy line did just that! My hair is no longer brittle and dry, but very soft and wonderful to touch! I use the shampoo/conditioner and treatment. There will come a time when you will not need to use the Damage Remedy line b/c your hair will "accept" all the protein it needs and I am at that stage now. I have switched to another Aveda shampoo/conditioner while still using the Damage Remedy treatment weekly. You are NOT supposed to leave the treatment in longer than 10 b/c it will deposit too much protein into your hair leaving it brittle instead of soft. This is for sure my HG and I will always have some of this to keep my hair healthy from all the color I put in my hair and all the heat tools to make my wavy hair straight.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Quiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this on my daughter's chemically treated hair with awesome results. Her hair had suffered split ends and breakage in the past so I needed something to help in the repair and maintain the results.

I apply this once a week and leave on for about 10 minutes. I can immediately see the difference. She has had virtually no breakage and her hair is stronger and more shiny. Love this stuff--will be a staple in our routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dibbyo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It delivers what it promises! I wasn't sure i wanted to try yet another conditioner "treatment", but I was very glad that I did. My wavy sometimes curly hair was soft and much more hydrated and manageable after one use. Even my dry ends felt better when I touched them. As all Aveda products, it is pricey, and after I intitially bought the smallest tube and finished it, I went straight to Ebay and bought an economical size (1L) for about the same price and I still have it (about 10 months)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Very impressive stuff! I received a sample tube of this from Aveda when it was first launch and having not really been a fan of Aveda products in a long time, I tossed it aside. Recently, I started seeing a wonderful stylist and colorist at an Aveda salon and after enjoying my salon experiences, I decided to try this product out at home. Wow! Talk about receiving a new head of hair! Amazing, amazing stuff. I can't recall the last time I was this impressed with an intensive conditioner. To prep my hair I washed with Pureology Purify shampoo and followed up with a good towel dry. I then applied about two quarters worth to my long hair, twisted it up into a chignon, covered with a plastic cap, and let it 'cook' for about an hour. I then rinsed well and applied my styling products to airdry. My results... super, SUPER soft, shiny, fluffy hair! I'm so tickled with the results that I already purchased the full-sized tube on line since I don't want to wait until my next salon appt. Highly recommended for color-treated, highlighted, or stressed hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ScrimHazard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because my stylist basically forced me. I am always changing my hair and had gone from almost black to light golden blonde. I just figured I'd have to coat my hair with silicone until it grew out some, but good Lord how this product worked!!! It's seriously a miracle. I have but one complaint...it doesn't at all smell nice. It just smells like bland chemical goop. If they could imbue it with some of their yummy fragrance I would be an addict. As it stands I use it about 3 times a week and it works so well I get people comment on how smooth my hair is.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Anstowe

This is an amazing treatment that I mix in with my usual conditioner (the Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner) whenever I wash my hair. It is very thick and the good people at Aveda have made the hole that the conditioner comes out of tiny so that you can't easily use too much (bless them - at AUD$50 for a 125ml tube that is a very good feature). It has make my fine, slightly bleached hair less flyaway and more hydrated, and has really improved my ends. Of course, as an Aveda product it is natural and smells fantastic. Not cheap, but working very well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by GlitterGirl172

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the below reviewer of this product. It does stop breakage. I love this stuff. I too had to try after i kept hearing over and over how good it was well it is. I want to get the whole line shampoo and leave in as well. Its my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by badluckwithboys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i want to love aveda, but sometimes i'm a little lost in their world of products. last time i stopped by, i picked this little gem pu and thought, $28 eh?! but got it anyhow. i LOVE IT!!! i have thick, coarse hair with a natural kink/wave/curl, and i color it all the time and straighten it a lot. this treatment is a dream!! seriously, every time i use it i get compliments on my hair and home 'healthy' it looks. it's awesome. i have also used a bunch of other "high end" hair mask/treatments and this is for sure the most effective. forget fekkai, go aveda!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by angelarock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Last year I had my hair highlighted and colored and the stylist chemically fried my hair. Since I knew I needed to have lots of it cut off (several inches) due to the amount of breakage, I decided to head to the local Aveda salon because the stylists there rock! (Should have had the coloring done there). Anyway, after she lopped 5 inches off and gave me a lovely new style, the stylist recommended the Damage Remedy line for the remaining horribly damaged hair. I was hesitant because, well, it's very expensive. THANK GOODNESS I went ahead and bought this (along with the shampoo and conditioner). After a few weeks of use there was a very noticible difference in my hair. Because I know protein can be drying, after two weeks I began rotating my use of this regimen with Nexxus Therapee/Humectress and Redken Allsoft. After a few months, my hair was just beautiful, especially the new growth. If I ever have hair that is severely damaged again, there is nothing else I would use. It does take time to see results, but continued use of this will save your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by kylesmom27

Please see my review of the shampoo from this line. I love all three Damage Remedy products and they have nursed my hair back to health on more than one occasion. Definately worth the money, IME.