April 21, 2014 | 1393 users online

Treatments - Mary Kay - Microdermabrasion Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by herebygrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is really worth the money. I only use once a week so it last a little longer. Some days, if I've been really stressed and my skin is showing signs, I'll use this product and it's as if the worry from the day is gone. I truely believe in this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by sahwife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had great results with this product, but it's much too expensive for what you get. It's just not a good value.

I use Olay Definity products and get comparable results for less money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by katyldf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK so i love this product!!! Really helped get rid of Acne scars!! It makes face feel so soft and smooth i get compliments on my skin texture all the time, this is one thing I can thank marykay for. I started selling MK to get half price products, but I really recomend using the whole set not just step 1 I learned in cosmetology school you really need that extra moisture and I also use Night Solution with it also really does wonders! Only thing is the ratio is like 3 or 4 step ones to 1 step 2 but you can buy seperate.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by adoorbel_gel

This product was just "okay" for me. It does the job--it left my skin feeling nice and smooth, but it didn't rock my world or anything. If I were going to buy a microdermabrasion system of this kind, I'd prolly opt for Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel. If the scent of Philosophy's set is too overwhelming for you (personally, I love it but some people can't stand how citrusy it is) then Mary Kay's set gets the edge because it's odorless (I don't know if it's fragrance-free or just unscented). Though the set is certainly more affordable than a mcd treatment you'd get at the derma or a spa, the price isn't low enough for me to want to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by SchmoopyJen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product worked very well for me. I have very oily skin, and I love the scrub. The follow up treatment I don't use, but I love the scrub! It really helps keep the texture of my skin very smooth. I use it twice a week, and I have been very happy with it! I'd recommend it to anyone not wanting to pay a salon for an esthetician to do it for them!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by nynaeve77

This kit was only okay for me. It's quite expensive, I think, for the amount of product that you receive. At the time I bought it, I was a consultant and had a discount; I can't imagine paying full retail for it!

The actual microdermabrasion product is really nice. It's got lots of little scrubbies and exfoliates nicely. The replenishing product didn't agree with my skin at all! I kept getting really nasty cystic pimples; when I just skipped that step, my skin cleared up.

So, I would just go with the exfoliant if I purchase either product, but honestly, St. Ives scrub works almost as well for me, and is a heck of a lot cheaper, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the samples of the step 1 and 2 and its great! It make my skin soft, smooth and glowy. Though it only lasted me 2 weeks since it was a sample but I will purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by pixiepeach223

my sister buys marykay and i been wanting to buy skincare products...so i decided to give marykay a try. Well the consultant came over and did the facial. She use the cleanser, microdermabrasion, day solution and the moisturizer(all timewise). I was amazed by the way my skin felt and look after the facial. so i decided to buy all the products. I specially fell in love with the microdermabrasion step 2. It just makes my skin glow and baby soft. I been using the cleanser and moisturizer for 1 week and my skin looks very soft and glowy and it doesnt make me break out. I absolutely love these products!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

This makes my face SO SMOOTH. I love it it. It doesn't make my skin red or break out at all either!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Supergirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

With this product, and really any home microdermabrasion product, you'll need about 2 weeks of using the product 2x/week to see the beginning of your results. Anyway, I am a big fan of the Philosophy Microderm, but wanted something less expensive and since I already use MK skincare, I thought it would be great to have a microderm product in the same skin care line. Well, you may notice that the MK kit is only $10 less than Philosophy, but the difference is that the MK kit lasts longer. I get at least 3 months use out of Step 1 (the scrub) and I am still using the same Step 2 that I've had the last 6 months. The results are as wonderful as those that I get with Philosophy's version. I get nice, soft, smooth and glowy skin. It glows like I've had a fresh facial. In fact, I went to a facial this past weekend and the esth. thought I had on make up! People often believe I am wearing make up when I am really just in bare skin--it's the microderm. The best of the glow usually comes the day after I use the treatment. This product is so worth every penny. And yes, I am a former consultant, but still believe in MK products very much!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No