Physicians Formula Solar Powder SPF 20 Bronzer

4.1

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (3%) (Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Nylon 12, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Diisostearyl Malate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Mineral Oil, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet

on 12/10/2006 1:17:00 AM

Really good bronzer considering how cheap it is. You can pick it up at any drugstore. It lasts forever, and I reapply it like 3 or 4 times a day. I've had it for some months now. It also works as a handy compact for other makeup touchups. Of course, the SPF 20 is a plus! I would repurchase it, but I probably won't because I'm moving on to bigger and better makeup! If you're looking for a really pretty glow for a good price, this is definitely the bronzer you want. I have absolutely no complaints. It never cracks or anything.

on 12/1/2006 2:17:00 PM

Loved the bronzer--hated the packaging.
The plastic "lip" on mine broke so now it won't snap shut. Not sure how that happened, but that's the only product that's ever done that on me.
Anyhow, the bronzer is very natural looking--not orangey at all!
I love how there are three shades--one is a highlighter with a bit of shimmer in it. But the overall effect when mixed together isn't shimmery or glittery. Just very natural looking. I don't use the little brush included--I use a big fluffy brush of my own. I find it easier to apply and blend that way.
Oh! And one of the best parts is the SPF that's in it. Can't complain about that! =)

on 10/29/2006 8:28:00 PM

RIS from a lovely woman who sent it looking better than it did in the store, I think. I don't know how she managed to try it, it was so perfect. Anyhoo, I have this in the Light shade and it's a very wearable bronzer, pretty goof-proof, and I'm just the person to make that judgement. (So close to clown territory I really can't wear blush). I even like the half-moon brush that comes with, since the shape lets me choose among the three shades. And I've used them as eyeshadows, too. But the compact is crazy, with the mirror housed underneath the powder pan and the brush rattling around under that. It would be very handy if you had the manual dexterity to flip quarters from one knuckle to the next. I do not. I've parked it under my soap dish where I'm less apt to knock it off the counter. Really nice product, but the Corvair of compacts.

on 10/22/2006 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This bronzer is a great color, it looks really natural. The mix of the two colors are nice because you can put it all over and then add more of the darker color to cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead. Only problem with this bronzer is that I noticed it makes me shiny/oily after a while in the places it's applied. It's still a great color though and I haven't found a bronzer that compares in terms of that.

on 10/19/2006 10:44:00 AM

This is an awesome bronzer, its a great color not to light and not dark and faky looking. It blends really really good and the SPF 20 is an added bonus. Awesome buy, great price, highly recommend!

on 10/11/2006 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Unfortunately, this bronzer did not work for me at all. I have medium skin tones, and almost any bronzer color looks fine on me, but this one just looked hideous. After applying it (and sparingly, at that), it looked like there was a pink streak (and not a pretty, rosy pink) above a streak of orange. The colors almost looked like eyeshadows - they just didn't look good on my skin at all, no matter how much blending I attempted to fix it with. Needless to say, I don't think this is one of the better bronzers out there.

on 9/9/2006 6:14:00 PM

This bronzer goes on natural looking. I apply it in layers with a Kabuki brush over my initial Magic Mosaic application. I have the lighter bronze for a bit of color to warm my face up. It gives a nice healthy glow and doesn't look like a fake bake. I also tried wearing this alone and it blended nicely into my face without making me look like I was wearing a darker mask. By slowly applying this in layers you can adjust the color to perfection. Never pink or orange looking on my skin. Just healthy glow. Hate the packaging on this. The mirror and brush (throw brush out...worthless) add way to much weight to this. Not great for ease of travel. Product excellent...packaging stinks!

on 8/23/2006 1:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I saw this on sale at CVS for 3.99 in the bronzer shade so I thought what can I lose? Not a thing!!
I have been using it every day all summer long. It is the best bronzer I have used! The color is believable, even though one of the colors has shimmer it looks matte on the face. It lasts all day and night long! The spf is an added bonus. The package well....it just sucks. If you used the pop up mirror and dumb little brush it would be easy to drop it and say Buh bye. For the price the packaging should be better. I use my own fluffy face brush and apply all over, then a bit more on my forehead nose and chin. You don't need much at all!

on 8/17/2006 6:07:00 PM

We don't have this stuff in the UK - what is a Physician anyway?? Ooohh, a Doctor..

But I digress. The packaging is nasty and plastic, the product is really good. No matter how much I pile on it looks quite natural, with no tacky shimmer, and just the right amount of dark, medium and light. It has a SPF 20 with is just a huge bonus and you get a nice dewy effect too.

on 6/22/2006 8:50:00 AM

I don't like the brush that comes with this but it's a neat idea to store it under the powder. I use a big face brush. I ADORE that this has an SPF. I believe I use this in Light Bronzer and it is good with my face which has no sun whatsoever. I use a light foundation like Cover Girl Outlast or a tinted moisturizer with this over it in the summer. Just perfect - golden but not orangey.

Popular Bronzers