November 25, 2014 | 1794 users online

Shampoo - TiGi - Bed Head Moisture Maniac Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2006 1:57:00 PM More reviews by BroncTeach

I love TiGi products in general, but wondered if I should try Moisture Maniac after reading some of the reviews here. Well, I am so glad I did. I have medium length, colored hair (light blonde). It can tend to frizz although it's pretty straight. Moisture Maniac makes my hair so soft and easy to manage. I've been using it with the Goldwell conditioner for colored hair, and my hair looks fantastic. It also doesn't cause any kinds of weird scalp problems for me. Some products make my scalp itch, but not Moisture Maniac. I will definitely buy this shampoo again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2006 1:47:00 AM More reviews by wheres_amo

This shampoo was a big improvement from what I was used to, such as supermarket brands, and made my hair feel very silky and soft from the first wash. I have fine, wavy, but damadged hair, and I found that this product did not weigh my hair down.. however it didnt tame the friz either! All in all, its definately a far cry from my 'perfect' shampoo and my hair is still in need of some TLC. im not going to buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2006 12:55:00 AM More reviews by tvelazquez9579

I love this shampoo, my hair is fine, but thick, wavy in parts, and curly in parts....and pretty much moody, oily at the scalp dry at the ends, tangles lots, and I color it. I had pretty much given up on my hair and I was going to just cut it short, but I switched hairstylist and was introduced to TIGI products (I have the conditioner also). This is great stuff, it gets the oily part of my hair clean enough to go two days without re-styling yet moisturizes enough so my ends are not fried, my hair no longer tangles, and it is not weighed down. Before this shampoo I used to have to decide between smooth moisturized FLAT hair, or dry frizzy volumized hair, but thanks to this shampoo I can have smooth, full, shiny, hair, that is not flat or frizzy! Great stuff for slightly normal to dry hair that is fine in texture but alot of it. If you need something that is more moisturizing but weighs the hair down alittle you can also try out the Dumb Blonde collection also from TIGI, but I find that it weighs the hair down abit. I just leave the moisture maniac conditioner in longer if I want to deep condition it. Also, I buy this stuff by the liter as TIGI can be abit expensive and you can normally get two liters at Wal-mart for about $24 on special!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 9:44:00 PM More reviews by nicksmommy03

I am really surprised at the negative reviews. This is my HG shampoo, and has been since it debuted a few years back. I have a chin length bob that is chemically treated. It is thick, coarse and is flat-ironed every other day. It has been highlighted, lowlighted, blonde, red, and now a rich brown--in other words it could be in bad shape!

I love this. It, for me, lathers great into wonderful tropical smelling suds that rinse out cleanly and quickly. After washing, my hair is tangle free, silky and free of any frizz. It is not dry at all, and unlike other moisturizing shampoos, it doesn't weigh my hair down. I LOVE this! I use this every other washing (I alternate with Brilliant Brunette from John Frieda). AWESOME!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by sparky17

This product is lower lathering and good for softening the hair. The fragrance is fun, but it gets old after a while. I purchased a liter of this stuff on "back to school" sale at Trade Secret and enjoyed the first 500 ml. After that, having it smell like happy hour in my bathroom while getting ready in the morning got old. The smell of mixed drink never gets old when I'm actually smelling a mixed drink.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2006 11:21:00 PM More reviews by tygerlyly311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this a while back when my stylist said my hair was far too dry...and guess what? It dried it out even more. She was shocked when I came back in and told her. I'm back to using Pantene Pro-V...yeah, not salon stuff...but at least my scalp is intact now :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair isn't dry, but it isn't moisturized either. It's somewhere inbetween and is dark brown, slightly wavy, and thick! I have been constantly looking for a moisturizing product which DOESN'T give volume, and this may be my HG. It could do better at cleaning, but even still, it is amazing! It also smells so good, just like gummy worms, and you can get a rich lather with a dime sized amount! I don't use this mainly for cleaning alone (I also use Neutrogena's Anti-Residue once a week), but it does make my hair so luscious and I love it! 5/3/4/Yes

UPDATE [SUN/12/11/2005]: While it worked good at first, it's started to wear on me. The shampoo and conditioner do not hold up on themselves and need the assistance of other styling products. Almost no difference in hair shine with this, and it is a poor cleaner to boot. 2/4/3/N - 5/10

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by kimmah

I wanted to like this, but I ended up hating it by the end. The shampoo just did NOT do it for me.

First off, it didn't lather much at all. I felt like I had to use a ton of it to actually work it through my hair.

Then when I rinsed it, I felt as if I was stripping every bit of natural oil from my hair.

I followed up with the conditioner and it was slightly better, but not much. I never felt that my hair was really moisturized. Combing out was a disaster.

Once I had my hair dry, it looked great, though. Not too dry, not too greasy and I could easily go for a couple of days between washings. I loved the smell and I loved the texture that it gave to my hair, but the washing process was just such a turn off that I never bought another bottle and I won't.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2005 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Banana_Babe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

not very good. my hair was super dry instead of super moist. my long hair just couldn't take it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2005 12:34:00 AM More reviews by jmn1483

I think this shampoo is great, it's moisturizing and doesn't strip your hair. The smell is so yummy too. On the down side, it's definately pricey and the bottle is annoying.