April 19, 2014 | 1836 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by shannsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product every morning. I mix a pea-sized amount of product with warm water until it forms a paste and then massage it into damp skin before rinsing off. This product lightly exfoliates dead skin and gives me a nice, smooth canvas for applying makeup after a light moisturizer.

Note: it's called Angels on *BARE* Skin for a reason! This product isn't meant to be used as a makeup remover. (Instead I use another Lush product to remove makeup in the evening: 9-to-5 Cleanser.)

This product doesn't irritate my skin, but some of its ingredients may not play well with others' chemistry. Ask for a sample.

I really like the smell. Umm, I can't help but think it smells like earthy cookies, whatever those are ... Regardless, the scent is "pretty" and uplifting and it fades immediately, so it's exactly what I want in a morning cleanser.

My only complaint is that the quality varies from batch to batch. When I get a perfect batch, I don't need to exfoliate or do anything extra to my skin (though I may still throw on the occasional face masque). Less-than-perfect batches don't exfoliate my skin as well, so I prefer to use a proper exfoliator once a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I got a sample of this and I have mixed feelings over this 1st off.... I love the smell it smells of sweet lavender which i love ,i was used to using a foaming cleanser and this doesnt foam up (when u add a bit of water it makes a paste)which is a bit tricky at first ,It didnt remove all my makeup completely ( i wear mac foundations and i had to was 2x for this to remove every bit of my foundation) This also feels like it leaves a film (which can be good if u have dry skin )but the film doesnt feel too heavy and when i wash at night in the morning i dont have the feeling of the film being there ,In the morning my skin feels super soft :) also i have to use something diff to remove my eye makeup cause this didnt dissolve my eye makeup but if u wear very natural makeup u shouldnt have trouble removing ur makeup with (im a mua so i tend to wear heavy makeup or dramatic looks ) anyway hope this helps !!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first bought this cleanser 5 years ago when Lush packaged their products in clear plastic tubs. My mum promptly threw it away in a panicked fit when she thought the lavender pieces were 'bugs' (-facepalm-) and I forgot about this cleanser for a few years. I rediscovered it on a Lush trip a year ago and so glad I did because it's pretty much my perfect cleanser and wish I'd been using it sooner - everything else either dries out my difficult sensitive/combination skin or just doesn't clean!
Costing 6.25 for 100g in a tub, it first resembles a lavender-scented gritty dough, not immediately what you'd want to put on your face. I use it in the shower, taking a pea-size amount or more between my fingers, running it under the water and massaging it all over my face with my hands or Clarisonic before wiping it all off with a warm damp cloth. My skin is then soft, clean, exfoliated and much happier.
The best part for my skin is the gentle exfoliation, delicately buffing off the dead skin and other junk from my face without rubbing it raw or drying it out. My skin seems to love the almond oil too, really calming it and neutralising any redness. Some people find that lavender oil irritates their skin, but I have very difficult skin and it doesn't bother mine.
Only a few negatives - the shelf life is around 3 months due to the natural ingredients and it's hard to get through the whole pot in that time. I keep mine until it starts smelling off as my current one is over a month past 'expiration' and still smells fine, same principle when I use their face masks. The packaging isn't ideal since the product turns to 'milk' when it gets wet so I have to be very careful in the shower not to soak the rest of the product. My preferred product for removing make up is Lush' Ultrabland cleanser, so I use that instead after wearing heavy makeup - before using Angels On Bare Skin I just use a face wipe to remove eye makeup and most of my foundation as this product is focused on cleaning and calming the skin rather than full makeup removal.
In general, this is a perfect 2-in-1 cleanser/gentle scrub for difficult skin and definitely worth a try, you might fall in love with it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by smgudan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my STAPLE CLEANSER!! I have used it for years! I have sensitive skin on the dry side, and this is the only exfoliator i can used that doesnt irritate my skin. It smells great and leaves my face so soft! I will use this product as long as LUSH makes it!! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This did nothing for my skin. Didn't even cleanse it that well either. Why is there lavender oil when it can be an irritant to some ugh. Anyways this cleanser is nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't know what to make of this. It does not cleanse very well, the lavender oil leaves a residue on skin. However it seems good on 'no-makeup' days when I can use as a mild cleanser. I'm not sure if the oil irritates my skin (usually oily products do not agree with me). Probably best to use a spoon or spatchula to remove product from container & avoid getting water in the tub at all costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It smells so nice with lavender and leaves a fresh feeling on my skin. Applying is a bit messy at first, but I got used to it. Though, I noticed it doesn't deeply cleanses my skin. I still had some BB cream on my face after I rinsed. I guess some make up removal is needed before using this cleanser.

The short expire date is a bit stressing, too. I wonder if I can finish it in time.

But overall, it's a nice cleanser, while not the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my staple exfoliator, it leaves my skin clean and so soft. It can be a little tricky to use but once you've got the hang of it its ok. It doesn't smell the best but it really works wonders on my skin leaving it glowing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A decent scrub, that is not irritating for me. I need to use it for a while and see if I break out, tho.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by traceyjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product isn't terrible but I only use it when my skin needs to be softly exfoliated and the packaging is not so good. It smells kind of weird. Many people might like this product but I don't think I will repurchase. However I will still experiment with their other products!