MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 10/18/2010 10:18:00 PM

VEX is definately a MAC signature color (exceeded perhaps only by CLUB?). It seems like a useless color for someone who sticks primarily with a neutral, wear-to-work eye. But its extravagance lured me, and it's utility has me reaching for it again and again. It takes a madman to conjure up a green shade that plays neutral, but bravo to whoever did it. Try VEX on lid with COPPERPLATE in crease and your fave deep color in the outer "V". Gorgeous - and surprisingly work-appropriate.

EDIT: I was shopping my stash for an eyeshadow to go with the bright colors of Spring 2013, and VEX is perfect. It's muted pink/green/silver prettiness goes with bright colors without competing with them and keeps the eye soft but not too naked.

on 9/24/2010 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In general I prefer other brands, but I go to MAC for some of their unique colors and LE items. Case in point - Vex - one of the most unusual shadows I've ever encountered. It's a grayish/silver with green and pink duochrome (or triochrome?) Recently, I like to wear Vex all over the lid with Club along the lashline. It gives an understated smoky look that's not too overdone for daytime.

on 9/10/2010 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Zinc doesn't work well with my skin's chemistry and MAC shadows are loaded with it.I swapped away most of them but kept my favorite 4 (Vex, Copperplate, Era and Patina) and this is one of them.

I had it for months and couldn't decide if I liked it or not, than I paired it with Copperplate and fell in love. I wear Vex in the lid and Copperplate in the crease and it's makes a nice neutral/cool natural eye.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

on 8/31/2010 4:32:00 PM

One of my first MAC eyeshadows and definitely one of my favourites too because its versatile. Kinda shimmery silver/beige with a hint of pink and green. It honestly goes great in combination with purples and browns on the crease. I personally haven't tried it with Vex as some have said on here and I'm now looking forward to trying it together. Overall, I think it will match any colour you decide to apply on the crease because the various hints of pink and green makes it so versatile and not boring at all! Definitely one of those MAC eyeshadows you need to have!!

one of the first eyeshadows i got! so ill try my best to describe the colour..
this eyeshadow is a greyish cream ffrost with pick undertones. looks great on its own as a wash on the lid. looks best with club! i keep coming back to this eyeshadow. love it.

on 8/19/2010 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like others have said, it's hard to explain this color. When I first saw it, I thought it was pale, shimmery green. I bought it on a recommendation from a MA and then forgot about it.

But recently I re-discovered it. I am so glad I did. I wear it alone with brown mascara (Maybelline great lash) and eyeliner (Chanel espresso). I put a little on just above the crease. It almost looks taupe, except I've never found a taupe that I like on me. Or bone. Or maybe gray? Hard to describe but very flattering on my fair, neutral skin with dark eyes and hair.

It looks like a simple frost shade, but has beautiful elements of green, gray and purple. Its very complex. It is my new HG.

on 8/10/2010 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A unique grey color with 3D effect, great one as an brow bone highlight (might not work if you are too fair) and as anything that goes with purples & plums

on 8/9/2010 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

MAC eyeshadows are hands down some of the best eye shadows out there in the beauty market. However, I dislike this color. Too sheer for me.

on 7/3/2010 11:53:00 PM

One of the first MAC eyeshadows I ever bought. Love, love, love it.

on 4/30/2010 6:14:00 AM

At first I felt really let down by this product. It looked plain silver on my lid, and I was really wanting that duochrome look. However, once I started pairing it with other shades, it really showed how easily it "morphs" in tone and can be paired with a whole variety of colours. It even looks nice with colours I expected to be totally uncomplimentary, such as pale taupes and golds. And now it's shown how versatile it can be, I quite like it on its own too. The texture is easy to blend and work with, and goes on evenly. I didn't give it 5 because sometimes I feel like I have to pack on it, depending on what I'm using underneath, if anything, but it's not so bad that it's a hassle. I'd definitely repurchase.

Top Rated MAC Products