April 16, 2014 | 1564 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by marilynchocolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

one of the first eyeshadows i got! so ill try my best to describe the colour..
this eyeshadow is a greyish cream ffrost with pick undertones. looks great on its own as a wash on the lid. looks best with club! i keep coming back to this eyeshadow. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by reporter1911

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like others have said, it's hard to explain this color. When I first saw it, I thought it was pale, shimmery green. I bought it on a recommendation from a MA and then forgot about it.

But recently I re-discovered it. I am so glad I did. I wear it alone with brown mascara (Maybelline great lash) and eyeliner (Chanel espresso). I put a little on just above the crease. It almost looks taupe, except I've never found a taupe that I like on me. Or bone. Or maybe gray? Hard to describe but very flattering on my fair, neutral skin with dark eyes and hair.

It looks like a simple frost shade, but has beautiful elements of green, gray and purple. Its very complex. It is my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A unique grey color with 3D effect, great one as an brow bone highlight (might not work if you are too fair) and as anything that goes with purples & plums

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

MAC eyeshadows are hands down some of the best eye shadows out there in the beauty market. However, I dislike this color. Too sheer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xushi

One of the first MAC eyeshadows I ever bought. Love, love, love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I felt really let down by this product. It looked plain silver on my lid, and I was really wanting that duochrome look. However, once I started pairing it with other shades, it really showed how easily it "morphs" in tone and can be paired with a whole variety of colours. It even looks nice with colours I expected to be totally uncomplimentary, such as pale taupes and golds. And now it's shown how versatile it can be, I quite like it on its own too. The texture is easy to blend and work with, and goes on evenly. I didn't give it 5 because sometimes I feel like I have to pack on it, depending on what I'm using underneath, if anything, but it's not so bad that it's a hassle. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

neutral yet complex... one of my favs!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ZeusK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this color...application depends on rather or not I put a primer on. If I put UDPP Eden or Sin on before application...this looks amazing! If I try to apply this w/o any primer on...it SUCKS! That being said, I use this as an undertone to any shadow applied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

Vex is probably one the hardest colors to explain. It is a gorgeous duo-chrome frost. One of my HG's along with Patina and they happen to look gorgeous together. It looks grey in the pan. When the MA suggested this to me, I looked at her like she was crazy. But she said this was like 5 colors in one, blah blah. I bought it, tried it when I got home and instantly fell in love. Like others have said, it takes on a new shade depending on what you pair it with. When I put it on the lid, with Patina in the crease, kinda has a goldy, browny look to it. When I put it with Satin Taupe, it does the same thing. When you put a green in the crease (Sumptious Olive looks great with this), looks more green. With Shale, looks more purple. With Expensive Pink, looks....more pink, you following me? Even with a black to smoke it out in your outer V, it looks a little more grey. I also love that it is a frost and gives you that seamless look on your eyes. Its crazy that one eye shadow can do that. I am kind of falling out of love with HE e/s as I think the d/s has some great shades, but Vex along with Patina, I will continuously purchase. Truly is a beautiful 5 in 1 shadow :)

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Elfarran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous, complex color, somewhat grey-ish with pink shimmer in the pan. It has the potential to transform a look depending on the colors you pair it with. I love using this as an all-over lid color with Da Bling in the crease and Steamy on the lash line. It's a very fresh, spring-y look. With it's pink shimmer and it's green undertones Vex is able to pull both colors together nicely.
Will definitely repurchase.