August 23, 2014 | 1769 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

One of my first MAC eyeshadows and definitely one of my favourites too because its versatile. Kinda shimmery silver/beige with a hint of pink and green. It honestly goes great in combination with purples and browns on the crease. I personally haven't tried it with Vex as some have said on here and I'm now looking forward to trying it together. Overall, I think it will match any colour you decide to apply on the crease because the various hints of pink and green makes it so versatile and not boring at all! Definitely one of those MAC eyeshadows you need to have!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by marilynchocolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

one of the first eyeshadows i got! so ill try my best to describe the colour..
this eyeshadow is a greyish cream ffrost with pick undertones. looks great on its own as a wash on the lid. looks best with club! i keep coming back to this eyeshadow. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by reporter1911

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like others have said, it's hard to explain this color. When I first saw it, I thought it was pale, shimmery green. I bought it on a recommendation from a MA and then forgot about it.

But recently I re-discovered it. I am so glad I did. I wear it alone with brown mascara (Maybelline great lash) and eyeliner (Chanel espresso). I put a little on just above the crease. It almost looks taupe, except I've never found a taupe that I like on me. Or bone. Or maybe gray? Hard to describe but very flattering on my fair, neutral skin with dark eyes and hair.

It looks like a simple frost shade, but has beautiful elements of green, gray and purple. Its very complex. It is my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A unique grey color with 3D effect, great one as an brow bone highlight (might not work if you are too fair) and as anything that goes with purples & plums

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

MAC eyeshadows are hands down some of the best eye shadows out there in the beauty market. However, I dislike this color. Too sheer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xushi

One of the first MAC eyeshadows I ever bought. Love, love, love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I felt really let down by this product. It looked plain silver on my lid, and I was really wanting that duochrome look. However, once I started pairing it with other shades, it really showed how easily it "morphs" in tone and can be paired with a whole variety of colours. It even looks nice with colours I expected to be totally uncomplimentary, such as pale taupes and golds. And now it's shown how versatile it can be, I quite like it on its own too. The texture is easy to blend and work with, and goes on evenly. I didn't give it 5 because sometimes I feel like I have to pack on it, depending on what I'm using underneath, if anything, but it's not so bad that it's a hassle. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

neutral yet complex... one of my favs!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ZeusK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this color...application depends on rather or not I put a primer on. If I put UDPP Eden or Sin on before application...this looks amazing! If I try to apply this w/o any primer on...it SUCKS! That being said, I use this as an undertone to any shadow applied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

Vex is probably one the hardest colors to explain. It is a gorgeous duo-chrome frost. One of my HG's along with Patina and they happen to look gorgeous together. It looks grey in the pan. When the MA suggested this to me, I looked at her like she was crazy. But she said this was like 5 colors in one, blah blah. I bought it, tried it when I got home and instantly fell in love. Like others have said, it takes on a new shade depending on what you pair it with. When I put it on the lid, with Patina in the crease, kinda has a goldy, browny look to it. When I put it with Satin Taupe, it does the same thing. When you put a green in the crease (Sumptious Olive looks great with this), looks more green. With Shale, looks more purple. With Expensive Pink, looks....more pink, you following me? Even with a black to smoke it out in your outer V, it looks a little more grey. I also love that it is a frost and gives you that seamless look on your eyes. Its crazy that one eye shadow can do that. I am kind of falling out of love with HE e/s as I think the d/s has some great shades, but Vex along with Patina, I will continuously purchase. Truly is a beautiful 5 in 1 shadow :)

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No