August 21, 2014 | 1775 users online

Conditioner - Redken - Color Extend Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 11:54:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is all that my mother uses - so when i come home from school on holiday, i have to use it too. it goes on nicely, and leaves my hair feeling smooth.. but i am just not impressed with it like i am w/ the conditioner i am using now (halo hydrating). i don't think i would buy this on my own.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 8:03:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ40

I don't like the way this makes my hair feel after using. My hair is much less manageable and seems limp and coated with something. This is nothing special and I would not buy again.
5/15/06 - update. I have tried to continue using this conditioner, especially after my hair is newly colored but this is the worst conditioner I have ever used. It always makes my hair limp and lifeless. My hair is very fine and there is hardly any gone from the bottle even though I purchased it months ago. I am going to see if my salon will exchange it for the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree conditioner that I like.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2005 8:37:00 PM More reviews by gretchennb

I have never thrown out a conditioner before this one. It made my hair feel like straw! It seems to provide a lot of slip that enables combing through in the shower or afterwards, but doesn't rinse clean so you have this terrible stiff straw-like texture afterwards. Maybe better for different hair types? I have sort of thin, straight hair that is dyed red over previous blonde highlights.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2005 7:53:00 PM More reviews by DivaStyle

I like this conditioner. I have bleached highlights and have colored my hair forever. I usually use the conditioner 2xweek and the deep conditioner once a week. Highly reccomend for color treated hair! Also, you can usually find a set in a salon or beauty supply with the shampoo, conditioner, and a sample size styling product for under $20! Great deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2005 6:47:00 PM More reviews by XODIKA

I have used this twice already along with the shampoo, and this makes my hair feel great. I have blonde highlights in my dark brown hair and I really need a conditioner that will hold color and moisturize. I was a little surprised when I read reviews that it made some people's hair dry, when it does mine quite the oppposite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Only marginally better than the shampoo...It took quite a lot of this conditioner to detangle my fine-ish, coloured hair, and I felt that it dried my hair out in the long run. And my hair isn't that dry to start. And I don't like that you get less conditioner in the bottle than you do shampoo. So far, I've had little luck with Redken shampoos and conditioner, but will try Clear Moisture next.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 1:02:00 PM More reviews by gigglemommy

this stuff is ok- it did tame the rats nest that the shampoo made out of my hair- but it didn't do anything to add shine or vibrancy to my hair. after using this in conjuction with the shampoo for less than a month, my hairstylist was trying to talk me into cutting several inches off my hair! try ANYTHING ELSE but this for your color treated hair! blech.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2005 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I generally like Redken products, but this one weighed down my hair and left it dull. I prefer their Extreme line.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by rdarc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this on my colorist's recommendation, but wasn't impressed. It left my hair soft and shiny, but no better than with less expensive mass market products. I usually don't have much trouble with my color fading or turning brassy. Maybe this would be worth the money if you are looking for help with this problem. What I disliked most about this product was how runny it was. I really like a conditioner with a thicker consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2005 12:16:00 AM More reviews by visageaparis

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Redkens Color Extend Conditioner is great! Excellent detangler, keeps hair soft and silky with a sweet fragrance. A little goes a long way. I have a highlight in my hair, which is thick and straight and can be tangly-- this is the best product for making it easy to comb out and keeping it looking glossy and beautiful. I don't like to have to pay a lot of hair care products and Redken is a bit pricey, but I do think that it is better quality so it is worth it!