October 25, 2014 | 937 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this shampoo few years ago. Now, even if expensive, I bought it again and used it for 2 months. However, I noticed my hair did not have any better quality, no great results. Even hard to brush after using it, I used it all (just coz it's pricy) but will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by candass23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo, I typically colour my hair every 3 monthes and find this shampoo does an excellent job of preventing fading. A little on the pricing end, but a little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by blumm1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried to find a cheaper substitute for Kerastase and this was not it, even with the awards it apparently won from Allure magazine. It made my scalp feel dirty and even my face felt oily and has started to breakout near my hair line. (and I just washed my hair last night!) And my long silky hair turned into a pile of hay with super crunchy ends! btw, I have long hair which is colored and highlighted using a balayage technique of highlighting which is very light blonde at the ends. Anyway, back from the salon where I dropped a load of cash on Kerastase again. Kerastase works, does was it says, which I guess is why the price is so high. I really do not need to waste time fixing my hair after I use Kerastase either, which saves time and I only need 4 products from Kerastase too which do last a long while, so I guess it kind of saves money... Well, maybe not, but it does work and you get what you pay for! Bottom line for the girls who spend a lot of money on highlighting their hair: Why cheap out with a sub-par product and ruin good highlights after spending so much money to get them to begin with? Kerastase is by far the best product out there for extending the life of your color and highlights...plus it is good for the over all hair health.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Colour Extend range has to be the BEST range in Redken. I absolutely love the shampoo. It always makes my hair feel so clean and doesn't strip my colour. (That being said, I've recently changed from a brunette to a redhead and when I wash my hair, the hampoo and water turns HOT PINK but my hair colour stays the same. Strange). The formula is lightly fragrance and lathers up nicely. I have a 1L bottle in my shower and you only need to use a dollop amount so its going to last me ages!
Edit. I've recently dyed my hair violet-red and whilst I'm fully aware that red bleeds out like no tomorrow, I was DEVASTATED by how much colour was running down the drain. However, the conditioner completely locks the red back in again and there is no staining of bath towels and such to worry about.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by klow9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo and conditioner combo was on Allure's best list for 2010. That is why I purchased sample sizes from Ulta in both the shampoo and the conditioner, and I'm glad I did. I've always sworn by Aveda Color Conserve, but now I realize it was weighing down my fine but thick highlighted blonde hair. Redken says this shampoo helps dissolve the mineral deposits in hard water and that is what we have here in Southern California. After using this one time it seems like all of my styling products are working again. My hair has great body, even at the roots. (I use Pureology root lifter...it's okay). I'm now on day four and really don't need to shampoo yet. With Color Conserve, I would be greasy by now. I'll edit if I change my mind, but so far, so good. I'm very pleased. Too early to comment on the color "extending" properties, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by RFrizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My mom was so gung-ho about All Soft that she bought big bottles of the Color Extend shampoo and conditioner at Ulta, then passed half of each to me. I agree that the smell is terrific-- I wish everything I used smelled like it.
I definitely think it's slowing my color (blonde highlights and reddish lowlights) from fading. I was previously using Clairol Shimmerlights, which was terrific at keeping my color bright but also dried it out awfully, so this is nicer to use, but it seems to make my hair so soft that it's getting flat. I have very fine, very flat hair (also very short), and as good as this smells and feels, I'm disappointed by how little volume I have afterwards.
If you've got natural volume, go for it; if you need body, you might want to make this your back-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lauraxlynx678

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm still iffy on this product. I bought it when Ulta was having a sale, a liter for $13. It was a really great deal so I bought both the shampoo and conditioner. The price I bought it at was good, however I don't know how comfortable I'd be forking out the money at regular price.
I have damaged, color treated hair. My length is about 5 or more inches below my shoulder. I get full highlights with so much foil the shampoo ladies always comment on the amount. This product has always been rated good in Allure magazine so it seemed good.
It has been one month on this shampoo/conditioner. I do notice that when my hair is still wet, it has that "just been highlighted blonde" color to it, that typically shows up less after my salon visit. So I can tell it is locking in my color. It says it has UVA/UVB filters, which I'm assuming is like other products where it's like a sunscreen for your hair. If thats true, it's even better.
When it comes to the conditioner, I leave it in my hair for atleast 3 minutes. I'd read from other reviews that helps, and it also gives my dry hair a chance to soak up the nutrients.
I love the smell of the shampoo. It's kind of baby product smelling, but I love it.
All in all, it's good, I'm just not oh my gosh crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently went to my local salon in hopes of purchasing a shampoo for colour-treated hair, and I was pleased to find this. I just wanted to see the performance of this by itself when I first purchased it, so I shampooed my hair with this only, no conditioner, no styling products, etc. and oh my. My hair was so shiny! It was so soft, too. My mom commented on how good my hair smelled too. The price is very expensive where I live, but it's definitely worth it. My colour lasts weeks longer, which is actually a money-saver considering the price of this product vs. the price of the hairdye I purchase (which is semi-permanent). Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm really surprised by all the low ratings!! I LOVE this shampoo and used to recommend it to customers all the time when I worked at a beauty store. I would tell people to wash their hair as little as they could stand...for me it's every other day, but ANY shampoo/conditioner (color-safe or not) will fade your color. It's actually the process of washing your hair that fades your color, not your shampoo/conditioner. That being said, when used every other day, this shampoo maintained my glaze color VERY well. When I got my hair done, it was crow BLACK. Now, after several months, it has faded to a chocolate brown. It's so much more natural looking than the black that I sort of look forward to my color fading. I use this with the deep conditioning treatment once a week in the same line by Redken (forget what its called at the moment..). The SMELL is intoxicating, I get a lot of compliments on it (people think its a fragrance). It lathers incredibly well and makes your hair feel super clean. I don't know why people would dislike this shampoo, but that's just me... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by simplebella

I think this is one of Redken's best shampoos. The smell is really nice. Cranberry, I think. It's a creamy shampoo, but it's not too heavy. It lathers up fairly well, not as rich as I'd like, but that might be because it's meant for colored hair. A lot of lather often equals washed out color. It rinses out easily. The packaging is convenient and it's easy to get every last drop out. I don't think this shampoo cleans my hair very well with regular use though. My hair tends to be greasy by the end of the day so I need a good cleansing shampoo and this one is too gentle for me.