April 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by toniak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this lip balm because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I've been using it for about a month now and I do have to say that it moisturizes my lips quite nicely. I especially love how my lips taste and feel after putting it on. Is it worth the money? Definitely not but if you're looking for a small luxury to splurge on, I would highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Onsia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this lipbalm as a gift because i am such a lip junky,
well let me just say this
this product is NOT worth the money
It stated off with a nice scent and a mild minty tingly feeling, but as the days went on it didn't moisturize, didn't deliver properly, left a film around my lips ( i didnt over apply..)
and overall was the crappiest junk I've ever tried. Also the lid was a PAIN to take off the fist time i got it.
The packaging is cute, the smell is nice, the balm itself is crap.
I do NOT recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Vanillacandle24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this!! I only wish I would have tried this sooner. It has made my lips so much fuller esp my top lip. At first I used it sparingly but now I put it on all of the time. My pot is lasting a long time too.
I have tried many other lip products but I don't even want to try any other. Also it doesn't break my skin out around my mouth like some other products have in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by mlim74

Holy smokes.....$45 for a lip balm??? That was my first impression of this product. It was recommended to me by a sale associate at a high end cosmetic boutique while I was on vacation. I had previously been using the Prada Lip Balm, which was becoming very difficult to find. (I'm under the impression that the skincare line has been discontinued. Bummer!)

I had purchased this lip balm to use during a ski vacaton last winter. My lips get chapped when I spend the entire day outside skiing in very cold weather and stay chapped even indoors because of the low humidity. This lip balm goes on smooth and creates a nice thin barrier to the elements. It makes my lips feel soft and smooth and maybe a little more plump (then again maybe that part is psycological).

I have sinced transitioned this lip balm to a year round product and not just for the dry alpine weather. It works great year round, and I keep my pot in my night stand, so I can apply it nightly before I get some zzzz's. I don't need it again in the morning, and don't have dry lips anymore. I just use a hydrating lip color or gloss during the day. I might start using it day and night again when the temperature starts dropping.

Certainly the price of the product is pretty steep, but I have a ton of other lip balms I've bought between $20-$30 and they are just thrown in a drawer or tossed out for being old, so I guess value is based on whether or not one uses the product or not. I certainly will buy this again and have already purchased another. I've already used mine for 6 months, and it's got plenty of product left.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by racheff21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I honestly don't understand how this particular lip balm wins beauty awards year after year. It's a mint infused torture balm. My lips are on fire and almost numb, simultaneously. If one has dry lips, how is putting an irritant on them going to help? Maybe it's me..but I sort of don't think so. So, in conclusion, I hate this stuff. Would never repurchase.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by biancacris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I was about to write this off as a bad purchase because the first few times I used it, I did not notice any changes. My lips are incredibly dry and flaky on a daily basis and I have tried so many lip balms but none of them have ever worked on me. After a few uses of this balm, I logged on to makeup alley to read up on the reviews and someone recommended to really follow La Mer's recommendation of using your fingers to apply it. I had previously been using a product spoon to scoop out the product so the next few times I applied the balm I warmed it up between my fingers first. Lo and behold, I started noticing that my lips were no longer flaky! It's been a week and my lips are significantly smoother and flake-free! Though I wouldn't say my lips are now super smooth, they are still so much softer and more moisturized. The product is definitely pricey but I would highly recommend it if you are really struggling with dry lips. I will definitely repurchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by lalala29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells and feels wonderful. Expensive though for what you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by zuzu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my second pot of this, it is expensive but a pot lasts me over 6 months. I do not buy any other lipbalms anymore, i used to be a lip balm addict and this is now my HG>
i love this! i had tried my friend's one not knowing anything about la mer and i LOVE IT! it is expensive, but as i said, lasts for ages. just wish it came in a tube so i dont have to dip fingers in a pot, but wow, my lips are soft and i swear plumper!!! x

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Thessie

My favorite lip balm. Bought it as a treat to me! Will buy it again when I can someday!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sugahxpops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this balm a little over a month ago and have used it as my daytime balm the entire time.

I've had alot of experience with lip products, especially high end ones, so with that in mind I will say that this is definitely my No.1 lip balm at the moment. There are alot of sceptics when it comes to high end lip products, as most feel they can get by with a drugstore chapstick, which I have tried and seen "okay" results.

Pros:
-The perfect texture - slightly creamy, thick enough to coat lips but leave no visible traces of balm, instantly soothes and fills in lines on and around lips.
-Sweet minty scent but not overpowering.
-Decent sized pot, wide enough so that the "finger dipping" issue does not mean digging around alot.
- Does the job - my lips thrive with this balm throughout the day. Lips feel supple, protected and nourished.
- Perfect base for lipsticks
- A little goes a long way!

Cons:
- Price - it's v. expensive. However, it doesn't get used up in an instant and worth the investment for me.
- Best for day - at night I use alternative treatments.

PLEASE NOTE: Refer to La Mer's directions and use your fingers to apply the balm, the warmth activates the ingredients and produces the best result.

Don't buy this if you are blinded by the price, you will only end up disappointed. Buy if you want to invest in your lips!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No