August 22, 2014 | 1124 users online

Scrubs - Mary Kay - Micro-dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

one of my best friends is a MK consultant, so i thought i'd look at her catalogs and see if anything looked good-- i decided to get this set, based on the great reviews here, and on the sample i tried. I am very impressed with this product duo - my face and chest felt like silk when i rinsed off the scrub in the shower after massaging it in for 2-3 mins. and then i put on the 2nd step lotion and my face looks amazing, which is not something that i say often! the scub is very refined and not sharp - and does a fantastic job of waking up my skin. the lotion step is not greasy and sinks in quickly. no real strong scent, which is nice. i think i am going to keep this as part of my skincare routine, it is a very high quality product line. very impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2006 12:01:00 PM More reviews by audreyliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First I must state that I am an exfoliation fiend. Love to scrub! When cosmetics companies started introducing at-home microdermabrasion, I was excited, yet leary of the price. I didn't want to pay $100 for something I might use once and realize was not good for me. When MK came out with this, I knew I could return it if I didn't like it, plus I got a free sample! This stuff comes in 2 separate products, which you can buy separately. If we could rate them independently, I would give the scrub a 5 and the after-lotion a 3. The scrub is so different from every other exfoliator on the market. The tiny crystals really smooth your skin, the same way sandpaper makes an old piece of wood soft again. I was concerned that it might make my already pink skin look irritated, but that didn't happen. I have used the scrub with and without the after lotion. I don't see a difference. I always follow with the MK moisturizer, and the 2nd piece of this set doesn't seem to matter. So, I would buy the scrub again, but not the second piece.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by arabgirl

i LOVE this product. it really does work, I knew and heard it would but it turned out BETTER than I thought. I tried it for free, i got free mini kit from a consultant and she got me hooked, im only 24 and didnt think i need it but it really softens & exfoliates better than anything i've tried & ive tried many high end products. WARNING about trying mary kay products.. they are addicting and really high quality and u end up spending a lot.. its all worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 10:12:00 PM More reviews by BHill0821

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. You should only use it twice a week, as it can dry your skin out. I love it!! One of the best products Mary Kay has put out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 7:25:00 PM More reviews by crimsoncelt

I have super sensitive skin and used this on my face one time only to have my husband ask me how I got a sunburn in the winter. My face was bloody red and I didn't even use much pressure. On the other hand, I tried it out on my feet (i know, gross.) and they felt so smooth, soft and lovely I couldn't believe it. So...if you can stand to spend the money it works wonderfully on other areas that may require exfoliation and aren't as sensitive as your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2006 6:56:00 PM More reviews by corinnemoscrop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really REALLY pleased with this product.

Bought after reading reviews on this site (I wont buy anything without checking here first these days!) and I'm really happy with the results so far.

Really smoothed my skin from the very first use and can already definitely see the acumulative benefits from using it.

I Had recently started developing little bumps under the surface of the skin ( like tiny closed spots below the surface) and this is reducing them noticably within only a few uses.

Importantly, I haven't broken out from using this product, in fact my skin seems to be better in this respect since using this. I usually have quite good skin, but it definitely has off days and a tendency towards oiliness and developing little blemishes that mainly appear as bumps under the skin ( occasionally they develop into more noticable "spots" at the surface - BOOO!!) These "oily/blemish" problems have definitely been less noticable in the time I've been using this - Real results with just a few uses - and I hope this continues to improve over time.

All in all, the clarifying effect of this product, combined with the wonderful smoothness and "glowiness" you get from this product makes it pretty hard to beat in my opinion - and I've tried all sorts of (mostly pretty useless procucts in my time!!

I'll DEFINITELY be repurchasing when the time comes, though thankfully (considering the price tag!) this one should last me a good while yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by forksfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY, IT IS EXPENSIVE BUT IT DOES LAST FOREVER BECAUSE YOU DONT NEED MUCH EVERY TIME. I USE IT 2-3 TIMES A WEEK, AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 10:19:00 AM More reviews by babytt

I absolutely love this product. It did a wonderful job getting rid of all the dead skin cells on my face. My face felt so smooth and fresh afterwards. My acne is slowly clearing up too. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 7:56:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

I have never tried anything MK before - my cousin is a MK rep and gave me some free makeup and skincare items, including the Timewise kit. While the makeup was a disappointment, the skincare products were actually very nice. This 2-step microderm kit did a wonderful job of polishing my skin and cleaning out my pores. My face felt very soft and smooth afterwards. I would repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 1:57:00 PM More reviews by reneemichell

I love this product! I can't say enough good things about it. A friend of mine just became a Mary Kay consultant and after contemplating the purchase of the skincare set..she finally talked me into it. Her skin is gorgeous so I figured I would give it a try. My skin is typically uneven and I also have large pores. I do not break out often but the past few weeks I was noticing small bumps on my forehead and an occasional blemish on my face. I would never go out of the house without makeup. I purchased the Timewise Kit with the Cleanser, Day and Night Solution, Moisturizer and the Micordermabrasion Kit. I have fell in love..just after using it for a little over a week, I have noticed that my skin is sooooo soft and my makeup applies with ease. The entire kit has a faint scent which almost smells like nothing.. which I love. A little bit goes a long way with all of the products. The microdermabrasion kit has made my pores noticably smaller and smoothed out my uneven skin texture. It isn't too harsh on the skin and feels so smooth after you are finished! This is definitely a skincare regimen that I will stick too!