July 29, 2014 | 2038 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge - Blushed Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 9:35:00 AM More reviews by runnergirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just realized that I haven't reviewed this little gem! I've had this for almost two months now and I've worn it almost everyday since then. It is the perfect light rosy, natural blush colour on me. It blends perfectly and stays all day. It looks a little muddy in the pot but once blended on the cheeks, it's simply a nice, warm, pinky, natural blush colour. There's no sparkle or glimmer here, folks; purely natural looking, so if that's not the look you're going for, you may not like this blush. I try to rotate my other blushes so that they'll get some loving too, but even when I wear something else, I'll be wishing I had this on instead. Even if I love the other blush, too! I can say that I will always have a pot of this blush in my stash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by carllin87

love love love! First thing that attracted me was that this product acts as both a lip colour and blush =) It works real good, and this colour especially works well for me when I want a neutral radiant look/glow. loooovely. It blends well, and lasts all day. It's rather pricey though... but if you're not a heavy user a single pot can last for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by i_reyne

I would recommend this product for those with dry and sensitive skin. My skin is combination and usually is dry on certain spots inclusive cheeks, so to use powder blush is a no no as it will be flaky and make pores more visible.

Pot Rouge however, glides easily does not make the pores visible and wont flake either > recommended, for skin medium skin tone Blushed Rose and Pink Truffle and both nice! and looks like you have a healthy glow! highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

On my fair, warm skin, this color shows up as a very warm pink. There is definitely some brown in it. The BB MUA chose this color for me. My mom was with me at the time, and she said that it was the color I had in my cheeks when I was a little girl. It is hard to apply with your fingers. I use their foundation brush along with it and that makes it a lot easier. This pot is probably going to last me until the end of time because you use just a light layer of the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeupandsoshouldyou

I am in love with yet another bb product. This cream blush actually lasts on my oily skin and gives me such a natural flush my sister asked me if I got a suntan. It looks perfect on lips too, perfect for bobbi's nude look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best cream blush I've tried so far. This colour is lovely and natural and blends and applies so well. It looks far more natural on the skin that it looks in the pot - at least on my cool-toned skin anyway. It has great staying power and you get a lot of blush for your money. A nice feature would've been to make the blush with a compact mirror and not with a screw cap. This is superior to cream blushes by MAC, Stila, Laura Mercier and Becca.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by linc2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I realized that powder blush no longer flattered my "mature" skin, BB pot rouge in blushed rose was my first foray into cream blush. I used it regularly for some time (and added pale pink, calypso coral, and chocolate cherry to the collection). I was applying it with my fingers, and while the colors and texture were (are!) divine, I had trouble controlling the application -- I always ended up spreading it over too much of my cheek. It was not the blush, but my technique. When I discovered Armani cream blush, I relegated all the BB pot rouges to my "remaindered" drawer.

Fast forward to a life-changing brush -- the MAC 188, which I have been using with great success on my Armani cream blush (applies and blends all at once). Playing around this afternoon in my remaindered drawer -- how would the MAC 188 do with my BB pot rouges? Well, you can guess from the score -- what I had not been able to accomplish reliably with my fingers, the MAC 188 does for me! I'm back to all my BB pot rouges and the gorgeous natural blush they give. Armani cream blush to the drawer for now.

Update: In the hot summer weather, BB cream blush did not hold up as well as GA cream blush, which is drier and lasts all day. I may return to BB during the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Silverstar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Blushed Rose, my first pot rouge. Love the texture, smooth consistency that leaves a dewy finish, love the application, easy to blend and lasts all day, no need for touch ups, love the color a med brown rose that leaves a clear, natural, flush of color on the cheeks. looks pretty on lips as well for a coordinated look. on the lips, i find it lasts longer if i dab and press the color into my lips then apply clear gloss over. great all year round color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by jill627

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first cream blush I have ever used. Having had oily skin in the past, I was always drawn to powder blushes (and foundations, too for that matter). Now that I am approaching 40, however, I am noticing that my skin is getting drier. I decided to try this on a whim and am so glad I did. The color is very natural brownish-pink and would look great on most any skin tone. The blush fades right into the skin and looks like you have nothing on...just glowy cheeks (Be sure to put this on before your powder, though, or it won't look right). I'm seriously thinking about buying more colors. I also love the fact that you can use this on your lips too. Makes it so versatile and perfect for my purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thank you MUA's for your reviews. I always look to see what you thinks before I buy ANYTHING in beauty.

Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose was my fourth pot rouge and I think my favorite. There can't be many people who this doesn't enhance.

When I'm totally casual and going to the store or just kicking back and want to look nice...or when I'm really in a hurry (which happens a lot these days)...I can look like %200 better with undereye concealor, light yellow powder, spot covering w/ Laura Mercier's stick foundation (thanks MUAers for the advice on this one), Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose and mascara. I'm 60 (ouch...It hurts to even write that) and I look so much younger just dabbing some of this on my cheeks and blending upward and then downward, and then dabbing some on my lips. The color is so amazingly natural and youthful. When I do this little MU routine...I look like I have on absolutely no makeup...Just look a so much better. If I have time...I'll highlight or contour with another color of PR, and/or use some Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow, but this is really all I need.

The Pot Rouges have a wonderful quality...never greasy, but with a slip, and a lot of body. They totally morph into the skin. I love it that BB doesn't like silicones. I was used to them, but w/ her products...they aren't needed.

Wonderful stuff...this Pot Rouge...especially in the Blushed Rose.

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No