Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette

on 4/11/2010 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This review is for the palette without the mirror and brushes...So I was about to purchase a Laura Mercier concealer (which is also a good concealer as it's sooo creamy) when I rediscovered this gem in my drawer. I have no idea how I managed to toss this one aside. The concealer isn't as creamy as LM, but it's creamy enough and works really good to cover up blemishes and a few red marks on my face. I have dry skin and find if I moisturize before hand this blends really easily.

on 3/5/2010 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I used this for my hereditary dark circles, and the pigmentation was always great right after I applied it. Every concealer I've ever tried hasn't been able to completely get rid of the darkness under my eyes, so this was a feat. But unfortunatley, how bad I wanted this to work just couldn't make it work. For one, it 100% unavoidably creases, no matter how many times I go back in with my brush and smooth it out..it creases right back up. Then there's how chalky it looks after a few hours..I was totally fooled by the initial finish. But, for opaque coverage, I will seriously overlook those 2 things. The absolute worst part is this just does not LAST at all. Within an hour, I have chalky, liney, grayish cast under eye circles. Worse than before I put this on. I used it after foundation, WITH a setting powder..so its definitely the concealer.

All I can say for it is the green one does counteract redness nicely..but its nothing a regular concealer can't do..and who cares with this concealer lasting power.
Back to target it went.

on 2/15/2010 5:09:00 PM

I bought this a year ago, and it has lasted me till this day. I probably should throw it out, but it's so good! It has everything in this palette! I can cover my dark circles, my blemishes, and redness around my nose. It even have finishing powder. I am so disappointed that they discontinued this product. One of my all time favorite concealers.

on 1/13/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I'm not sure if there is a new repackaged product from this brand, but I got my palette a year ago with the mini brushes inside. So my review is on the discontinued one I guess.

When I first got this palette I was on a major concealer-hunt mode within my budget. The packaging on my palette was disappointing (so might be why they repackaged it now), it didn't close tightly and I had to keep a tape on mine to keep it from drying out. It was the last palette at Target so I couldn't exchange it. My dark circles are hereditary so when I read the positive reviews on this palette I was hoping it work for me. Unfortunately this didn't cover my dark circles well at all, I had to pack on a lot just to get it somewhat covered. I hate the powder in this compact and prefer to use my own face powders. Like many concealers this sunk into my fine lines immediately after application. The 'salmon' shade didn't cover much darkness either. I tried the green shade once, but I'm not a fan of any green concealers really. I prefer using medicated concealers for redness or blemishes. The brushes in the palette failed to deliver. One broke on my first attempt at using the palette so I tossed both in the garbage.

I really wanted to love this palette since it has such great reviews, but the coverage I need has to be heavier and stronger with my under eye case :/

on 1/6/2010 10:30:00 AM

So - is this the repackaged Hidden Agenda Concealer Kit that has been d/c? (see seperate reviews.) In comparing the pics here, they look identical.

I purchased my 1st Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette over a month ago and I LOVE it. I use the salmon for under eye concealing (setting it w/ the included powder = both are light and creamy and provide me w/ great, almost all day coverage of my under eye circles); the flesh colored one for my broken capillaries along the side of my nose and the occasional blemish and I mix the green one w/ the flesh colored one to cover my blushing roseacea on my cheeks = very nice coverage that is easy to blend/build.

I just went to Super Target this a.m. and noticed that they now have about 10 more of these on the shelf (they have not had ANY since beginning of November) I was concerned because I thought perhaps this was the one being d/c; now I'm wondering if this was just being re-packaged. My palettes came w/ just the 4 colors, no brushes or mirror included.

Highly recommend!!

UPDATE 08/18/10 - no matter what powder I use to set the concealor under my eyes, I end up w/ my waterproof mascare running to create a racoon eyes effect = not using anymore under my eyes. :(

UPDATE 03/08/10 - am noticing that the lightest concealer that I use for under my eyes to hide dark circles is lasting only a few hours and is causing my water-proof mascara to migrate south (= minor racoon eyes). I still use powder to set and have made no changes to my routine, so not sure why this is occurring now. Have downgraded to a 4. :(

on 12/31/2009 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is the best concealer i have ever used hands down, holy grail concealer! my target stores have stopped carrying this, i dont know if it has ben discontinued or if theyre just modifying the palette -- i see a lot fo people taling about the green concealer in the palette and mine does not have that -- maybe the new one has green in it? i have no clue, if they discontinue this i have no idea what im going to do. this is expecially great for the under eye region as it provides good coverage but doesnt cake to fine lines. very creamy concealer.

on 12/28/2009 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

These 3 concealers + 1 powder is in this cute square palette that snaps close via a magnet. This new packaging disappoints me because now it doesn't have a mirror...it's so inconvenient when i want to touch up. The product itself is awesome! I especially like the green concealer. A good concealer at a cheap price!

on 12/2/2009 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Can't use any other colour apart from the green, but its so fabulous that i really don't care. Simply amazing, literally a few dabs on red areas, and bam, completely concealed. NO need for any blending or anything, just sinks right into my skin!

Don't know what I'm gonna do when this runs out...

on 9/14/2009 7:28:00 PM

I heard that this was discontinued?!??! please tell me not because i love this palette! I didn't really rock it when i first used it but later on i found out a secret to using it. This does enhance dry patches on your skin so you must moisturize a lot before you put it on but it does do miracles. i have a VERY horrible acne problem and this palette does cover most spot flawlessly.

on 9/13/2009 2:31:00 PM

Amazing product. I've had this for years, since before i came to MUA, and it's still good & creamy. Easy for travel. I lost the brush a long time ago, but use my fingers to slightly warm & dab a mixture of the 3 shades to match my current skin tone. It's also really practical because different parts of my face are different shades, and this allows me to cover any red marks or blemishes wherever they are without a mask-like mono-shade. Lasts all day but it's easy to take along if you need to touch-up with the little mirror inside.

Popular Palettes