October 25, 2014 | 1729 users online

Bath Treatments - Kneipp - Herbal Bath

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2003 10:59:00 PM More reviews by rubykris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are wonderful. The scent is very strong and they are safe to use in jacuzzis. Aromatherapy at its best. My only complaint: The melissa smells just like Murphy's Oil Soap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 2:48:00 PM More reviews by kate8

I've loved these for ages. You could probably do something similar yourself by dumping essential oil into your bath water, but this mixes so nicely. The little teeny bottles give you two baths---three if you're stingy. :) These are SO fragrant---you just feel *better* after you sit and soak in one. Another nice bonus is that they're not foody or flowery (not most of them, anyway), so my husband enjoys using them as much as I do---his favorites are pine and eucalyptus (both guaranteed to knock your socks off with a *strong* scent). We get ours for roughly $2.70 per little bottle---considering how bath bombs often run $4-$6 apiece, and most bath oils aren't cheap, $1.35 per bath is a steal. My skin feels great when I get out of the bath, and the scent lingers wonderfully in the bathroom, long after the water's gone... :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2002 10:02:00 PM More reviews by donnaellen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I have tried all of these, and Melissa is my favorite. It's for a "good night's sleep." I used to use it a lot until my husband complained that it smelled like Pledge, and you know what, he was right=)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2002 5:40:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have only used Almond but it is the best bath product I have ever used. It leaves the skin silky soft with no need to moisturise and it smells delicious. The only problem is that it doesn't last very long, ten baths at the most.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2002 5:34:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

This product is simply essential oil in a water base. Some polysorbate 40 is added to prevent the water and oil separating, and there is a preservative, but apart from that all you get is the pure essential oil. I actually prefer these to the plain undiluted oils, as the polysorbate helps the oil disperse better in the bathwater. There is no cleansing, conditioning or bubbling agent here, so you use these simply for the therapeutic benefits of the oil. The scents are very powerful (these are aromatherapy products, after all) and so a little product will fill the bathroom with fragrance. I have tried the scents melissa, rosemary, lavender, orange and linden blossom, juniper, eucalypus and pine, and found them all very faithful to source. The last three are more 'medicinal' than soothing, so I would recommend the first three if you are trying Kneipp for the first time. These are amazingly reasonably priced when you consider you can get 20+ baths out of a single bottle, so excellent value for money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2002 11:52:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love all of these. They are extremely fragrant and have esential oils. The orange Linden and Juniper(which smells like Spearmint) are my favorites. The scent lingers in the bathroom and on your skin. Well worth the $$ for a really therapeutic luxurious bath.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2002 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Bekkacaruso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My mom used the HOPPS version on me when I was a wound-up kid...
Smells great and makes you sleepy/very relaxed...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2001 9:31:00 PM More reviews by DianaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this in Eucalyptus, and I love it! Don't get me wrong, most days I don't want to smell like eucalyptus - but a soak in it did wonders for a cold/sinus headache. Also left my skin nice and soft - not oily and not dehydrated. I think that I may have to buy this in the full-size to have around for future colds.