April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by peeweewee

i picked this moisturizer up when my skin was flakey and dry due to the cold wind in winter. once i put this on, i noticed a huge difference, my skin was not dry anymore or flakey and it has made my skin a little glowy. i also use breath of fresh air toner before this (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by strwbrywn20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this moisturizer!! I have combo skin..Summer times it's mildly oily, winter I have dry patches. It's a pain trying to find something that works. My face ends up with dry patches so when I wear makeup it looks horrible! I finally broke down and bought the Imperialis from LUSH. It's cheaper that some drug store brands and probably a lot better for your skin! With just the first application I noticed a HUGE difference! This seems just right for my skin at this time. I would def. recommend this for people with dry skin during the winter months!! BTW before I use this I clean my skin with Fresh Farmacy and Eua Roma Water toner....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have combo skin (oily T-zone, dry nose/cheeks) and this is a great moisturizer for me. It's calming, soothing scent and medium texture are fantastic. This tub also lasts forever. Its better to underdo it with Imperialis than to overdo it. The price is right too. $21 or so for a moisturizer that lasts anywhere from 2-6 months depending on usage is fine with me!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Crusie

Like the smell, like the texture and like the packaging although it's a bit overprized and unhygienic (you keep putting your finger in the jar). It's not to greasy but it takes a little ftime to melt into my skin. During these cold winterdays I actually need something a bit greasier for my dry spots, but it's a decent cream and will keep using it in combination with a hydrating nightcream.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by TammieK

I used up an entire pot of this and then decided I hated it. The smell was something I had to suffer through each morning and night when I applied it. It is so gross to me. It smells like rotten red peppers. Plus, I had to be careful to use a tiny amount or else my face would feel greasy and sorta...sweaty. Eww. IMO this product is very, very similar to the new Vanishing Cream. The only difference I can see is the color and the scent. VC smells sorta medicinal to me like Dream Cream. They are both WAY to liquidy for the jar. It somehow always manages to leak out the sides when I screw the lid on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I'm back to using this product after years of using other things. (see my review under Angels on Bare Skin).

I don't even mind that it comes in a tub - so many people complain about tubs being unsanity to put your fingers into - just use a little cosmetic spatula. No fingers! When I use a spatula I don't need to have my products come in overpriced pumps, etc. (though they're nice, you are paying for that.) Having made my own cosmetics for years I know that the more natural, unpreserved a product is, and when it contains a nice balance of EOs and even 'food grade' ingredients, the stronger and more radiant my skin has been. So I appreciate this product because I know that it's about as simple and pure as I can get without making it myself!

I love the smell of natural costmetics and love the smell of Imperialis! The lavender absolutely balances out my combination skin - and I use so little (with a touch of water) - it never feels like I've got too much goop on my face, and I don't get gross oily blotchy breakthroughs through my makeup during the day (something that has been happening too much lately). Now my face is smooth and clear and perfectly moisturized without being coated.

Of course there is no sunscreen in these products and I am using this as we roll into winter so that's ok...in the summer I'll get back to using my Lise Watier matte spf 20 day lotion which has been great for me until winter started. Now Imperialis has come into save the day! Literally! I love my easy, peasy skin care routine with Angels on Bare Skin followed by Imperialis for the day. My skin has not looked this good in a long, long time!

Fabulous!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ECT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this moisturizer - i have been using it for three years now and most of the time, nothing works better for my combo skin. If you mist your skin with a little bit of toner (i use Lush's Eau Roma Water) or leave it a little damp after washing your face, you only need a tiny amount to do your whole face and neck. Other pluses: it's canadian, vegetarian, and i love the way it smells (so does my bf.)

minus one lippy for the pot, which doesn't withstand air travel well and does get a little gooky around the rim.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by neverfadetogray

I've always been a little wary of moisturizers because they tend to leave my face too greasy afterwards. Imperialis definitely doesn't. I cleanse my face with Fresh Farmacy, follow that up with Tea Tree Water toner, and then moisturize with Imperialis. I love it - it has helped improve my skin and leaves it soft, not oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by xPrettyxPandax

With a lot of LUSH moisturizers, I'm not very fond of the smell. I find that a lot of them have a harsh unpleasant smell, but with the Imperialis it isn't bad. It's got a very faint floral smell to it, which is nice, and a little goes a long way.

I follow up with it after I wash my face with LUSH-Ocean Salt facial scrub. It definetely does the trick, and makes my skin very very soft. I've never broken out since I started with these products either!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by plumski

Well, I don't think it's a terrible or horrible product. I don't think i would be repurchasing either.
I find that it works best after i use angels on bare skin and when i rub the imperialis onto my skin..it leaves my skin soft and yummie.
I can't use a lot of it and i do use a tiny amount as if i use just a little bit too much, it is not smooth..more sticky like than anything.
I'm not too fond of the smell, but it is not appalling either.
There's a lot of product considering the amount i use..and it might be a very long time before i will be able to finish it all up.
I agree, I don't like the packaging. When i saw it in the store, it had a thick consistency..which was okay..and i left it in the car for a couple hours..and it was a bit warm..and i was anxious to open it when i was at a red light..so i did...and oops, i tilted the container by accident and a dollop of moisturizer fell on my lap....eeek! Not fun!! I thought i had lost about half of the product that i just bought...but when it got to my house and i left it in the fridge for a few hours..it got thick again and it looked like i barely made a dent.
So, I use the imperialis as a day moisturizer...not at all for nighttime...but for me the trick is..using a tiny amount...if i use a bit too much (which is very easy to do)..i don't bother washing it off...i just leave it on. It doesn't make my skin super oily, or make me break out..or have any adverse effects..
The only thing it does for me..is well moisturize..which that's what it is..a moisturizer.
At its best, it makes my skin touchable soft...but i do need to use it after angels on bare skin..otherwise, i don't bother using it.