LUSH Imperialis

3.2

: Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus), Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium candidum), St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum), Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra), Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata), Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus), Alkanett Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,

This was one of the first LUSH products that i ever tried, (along with some other items too). It was recommended to me, my sister and my mother by one of the sales assistants in the shop.

On first use, i noticed that you only need a little amount, too much and your face will be all greasy and icky. I used this moisturizer for a while, liking it's results, but not loving them. Didn't find it to be anything special.
I liked the smooth texture, the smell was pleasent, but i felt that i could find a moisturizer i LOVED for less. The pot lasted for ages, my mom even brought a second pot of it, but after that she didn't buy it again. She didn't seam to like it anymore,

on 4/15/2009 6:18:00 PM

I'm pretty sure this product made me break out. If it wasn't this, it was at least the combination of this with the herbalism cleanser. I'm too scared to test this on my skin again by itself, because it took me a few months to get the acne back under control. Careful with it.
I don't seem to mind the scents in LUSH products, though, including this one. I rather liked it, I think. But again, bad bad for my skin! :(

on 4/10/2009 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got red bumps on my upper cheek from this, a part of my face I don't usually have problems with. I don't think it has anything to do with the ingredients, this cream is just not that moisturizing. At least, not moisturizing for me! I tend to get bumps when my skin gets too dry. Been using this for about a week day and night. Got it as part of this promo Lush was having, two mini ultra blands, two toner tablets, two moisturizers, and a biofresh mask.

And yeah, it also smells kinda weird. I'll go back to my Dr. Hauschka body cream (I use it on my face) until the bumps go away, then maybe try one of the other samples I've picked up.

on 3/31/2009 4:42:00 PM

Ladies who lose rose scent, hit this! A friend gave me her barely used imperialis because she was switching her face routine. I'm a moisturizer connoisseur so I just like to let my flesh drink this stuff up. I did find that it did not wear superbly under make up, especially powders (If not given enough time to dry that is). I would only recommend this for combination or dry skin. Not a daily moisturizer, it's a little too strong for that. Great feel, great scent. It's a nice nighttime cream to wake up looking radiant instead of like a swamp monster. However if you're just looking for moisturizers that are utilitarian I don't think this product would be worth your money.

on 3/2/2009 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

have nothing against...i just dont have anything for it either.

on 2/9/2009 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I had been using this for a while, but have now switched over to Clinique's 3-Step. I found this moisturizer to be very nice for me as I have a very oily T-zone. It helped calm my oil, but I would still get oily. (I still do, sometimes! I guess it's just something I'm gonna have to live with!) This is a great moisturizer though. I have no complaints about it. It helped control my oil better than what I was using before I switched over to this. You should give it a try, definately!

on 2/2/2009 12:49:00 PM

The packaging isn't the best, and those who are familiar with the LUSH brand know this.
Also, this costs more than I would usually spend on a cream.
But my skin has almost completely cleared up and is soft and glowing. This cream hydrates it without making me break out or my T zone oily.
I also like it cos it's not tested on animals and uses loads of natural products.
Overall, a very good cream - just screw the lid on tightly.

on 1/26/2009 10:50:00 AM

i picked this moisturizer up when my skin was flakey and dry due to the cold wind in winter. once i put this on, i noticed a huge difference, my skin was not dry anymore or flakey and it has made my skin a little glowy. i also use breath of fresh air toner before this (:

on 1/22/2009 11:19:00 PM

I LOVE this moisturizer!! I have combo skin..Summer times it's mildly oily, winter I have dry patches. It's a pain trying to find something that works. My face ends up with dry patches so when I wear makeup it looks horrible! I finally broke down and bought the Imperialis from LUSH. It's cheaper that some drug store brands and probably a lot better for your skin! With just the first application I noticed a HUGE difference! This seems just right for my skin at this time. I would def. recommend this for people with dry skin during the winter months!! BTW before I use this I clean my skin with Fresh Farmacy and Eua Roma Water toner....

on 1/15/2009 7:23:00 PM

I have combo skin (oily T-zone, dry nose/cheeks) and this is a great moisturizer for me. It's calming, soothing scent and medium texture are fantastic. This tub also lasts forever. Its better to underdo it with Imperialis than to overdo it. The price is right too. $21 or so for a moisturizer that lasts anywhere from 2-6 months depending on usage is fine with me!