October 25, 2014 | 1470 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by JMJM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got red bumps on my upper cheek from this, a part of my face I don't usually have problems with. I don't think it has anything to do with the ingredients, this cream is just not that moisturizing. At least, not moisturizing for me! I tend to get bumps when my skin gets too dry. Been using this for about a week day and night. Got it as part of this promo Lush was having, two mini ultra blands, two toner tablets, two moisturizers, and a biofresh mask.

And yeah, it also smells kinda weird. I'll go back to my Dr. Hauschka body cream (I use it on my face) until the bumps go away, then maybe try one of the other samples I've picked up.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by booglass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ladies who lose rose scent, hit this! A friend gave me her barely used imperialis because she was switching her face routine. I'm a moisturizer connoisseur so I just like to let my flesh drink this stuff up. I did find that it did not wear superbly under make up, especially powders (If not given enough time to dry that is). I would only recommend this for combination or dry skin. Not a daily moisturizer, it's a little too strong for that. Great feel, great scent. It's a nice nighttime cream to wake up looking radiant instead of like a swamp monster. However if you're just looking for moisturizers that are utilitarian I don't think this product would be worth your money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

have nothing against...i just dont have anything for it either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by glowkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had been using this for a while, but have now switched over to Clinique's 3-Step. I found this moisturizer to be very nice for me as I have a very oily T-zone. It helped calm my oil, but I would still get oily. (I still do, sometimes! I guess it's just something I'm gonna have to live with!) This is a great moisturizer though. I have no complaints about it. It helped control my oil better than what I was using before I switched over to this. You should give it a try, definately!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by prettymissy

The packaging isn't the best, and those who are familiar with the LUSH brand know this.
Also, this costs more than I would usually spend on a cream.
But my skin has almost completely cleared up and is soft and glowing. This cream hydrates it without making me break out or my T zone oily.
I also like it cos it's not tested on animals and uses loads of natural products.
Overall, a very good cream - just screw the lid on tightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by peeweewee

i picked this moisturizer up when my skin was flakey and dry due to the cold wind in winter. once i put this on, i noticed a huge difference, my skin was not dry anymore or flakey and it has made my skin a little glowy. i also use breath of fresh air toner before this (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by strwbrywn20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this moisturizer!! I have combo skin..Summer times it's mildly oily, winter I have dry patches. It's a pain trying to find something that works. My face ends up with dry patches so when I wear makeup it looks horrible! I finally broke down and bought the Imperialis from LUSH. It's cheaper that some drug store brands and probably a lot better for your skin! With just the first application I noticed a HUGE difference! This seems just right for my skin at this time. I would def. recommend this for people with dry skin during the winter months!! BTW before I use this I clean my skin with Fresh Farmacy and Eua Roma Water toner....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have combo skin (oily T-zone, dry nose/cheeks) and this is a great moisturizer for me. It's calming, soothing scent and medium texture are fantastic. This tub also lasts forever. Its better to underdo it with Imperialis than to overdo it. The price is right too. $21 or so for a moisturizer that lasts anywhere from 2-6 months depending on usage is fine with me!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Crusie

Like the smell, like the texture and like the packaging although it's a bit overprized and unhygienic (you keep putting your finger in the jar). It's not to greasy but it takes a little ftime to melt into my skin. During these cold winterdays I actually need something a bit greasier for my dry spots, but it's a decent cream and will keep using it in combination with a hydrating nightcream.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by TammieK

I used up an entire pot of this and then decided I hated it. The smell was something I had to suffer through each morning and night when I applied it. It is so gross to me. It smells like rotten red peppers. Plus, I had to be careful to use a tiny amount or else my face would feel greasy and sorta...sweaty. Eww. IMO this product is very, very similar to the new Vanishing Cream. The only difference I can see is the color and the scent. VC smells sorta medicinal to me like Dream Cream. They are both WAY to liquidy for the jar. It somehow always manages to leak out the sides when I screw the lid on.