Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 12/5/2009 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the "Non-Perfume". Perfume for people like me that get headaches, or worse from strong, overwhelming scents. I love, love, love this perfume! I totally understand why some people wouldn't like it, but it's ethereal in it's femininity. It's weightless, soft, flowery and lovely- to sum it up in one word- Graceful. Which leaves it's name with no irony. My biggest complaint- my ONLY complaint, is it's lasting power. I layer with the shower gel (wonderful as well), and the lotion (makes my skin silky smooth) and the perfume and it still seems to fade within a few hours. My next purchase might be to get the roller-ball version and toss it in my purse for daytime touch-ups.

on 12/5/2009 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is not perfume. I'm spoiled - I like adult parfums meant to inspire sensuality. Toilette water is the right description for this product. Its for people who really don't wear perfume, for folks who are into glade plugins. Its really that bad.

on 10/23/2009 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

At first I did not care for this scent. As a matter of fact I laid it with all my other perfumes to be forgotton about. A few months later I decided to try it again since it looked so sad and unused. This time I loved it.

I completely agree that it is very light. To me this is not a perfume smell but a clean, soft, feminine touch to my day. I firmly believe in the Philosophy (brand) philosophy that scent has a lot to do with attitude and mood. When I wear this I feel calm, peaceful, womanly, everything I desire to feel. Just lifting my arm or shirt to my nose brings those emotions back to me throughout the day. I can now say I can't live without this perfume and will be purchasing the other grace lines as well. Thanks Philosophy! You have a new customer for life!

on 10/5/2009 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of my favorite fragrances. Smells so nice and clean. Everyone always compliments me when I wear it. I love it so much I bought the lotion and body wash!

on 10/2/2009 3:53:00 PM

This stuff is horrible. Holy crap. I can't believe how bad it is. All I did was use one spray at Ulta today and if I could do a Coyote Ugly on my arm, I would. It is so strong, and so sickly sweet. I sprayed it three hours ago. Scoured my arm with rubbing alcohol, and it is still just as strong as it was when I first sprayed it - so I guess that's a plus if you like this scent.

My head is throbbing and my eyes are burning from the scent. Ugh.

on 10/1/2009 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I usually go for sweeter, more gourmand fragrances, but this one is nice, clean, and non-offensive to most. It's one of the only fragrances that my boyfriend can tolerate. Smells a bit like soap and water. I took one lippie off because I think I would like it better if Philosophy found a way to add a little sweetness to it, but I've mixed it with Philosophy's other fragrances -- Falling in Love and Unconditional Love and it blends fine.

on 9/25/2009 8:55:00 PM

Love it - it's my signature scent!

on 9/18/2009 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance stinks...literally!. I find it to be very pungent and strong. It's in the 'worst scent' category along with Youth Dew. Yuck!

on 9/18/2009 9:57:00 AM

There is something decidedly sharp about this fragrance that sets me off when I first put it on. Fortunately it fades with wear. But then the scent seems to fade all together really fast. I've had better luck with the oil. I do love this scent for spring and summer though.

on 8/29/2009 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Very pretty fragrance. Fresh, sugary, citrusy, lightly floral and slightly powdery at the same time, makes me think of hubba bubba and long white socks and nylon short shorts, Kirsten Dunst drinking peach schnapps under the stairs in the Virgin Suicides, hmmm was it her or another character? Ok i'm digressing.... but it is the type of fragrance you can put on in the morning without thinking if you know what i mean! Fragrance lingers longest on clothing so make sure to spray some on your threads for staying power! Definately not a perfume to wear for a job interview, it will turn you to jelly, for such an occassion i can recommend Calvin Klein Obsession even though i can't stand it! Bottle is awesome, fits nicely into the smallest of bags, i wish more perfumes came in bottles with this in mind.

Popular Fragrances