November 29, 2014 | 1206 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

This is bright, Technicolor Wonder Woman red. On me it looks blue-based, as many reds do. Three Sephora MA's complemented me on it while I was at the mirror scrutinizing - which actually made me more dubious. There is a line between bombshell and garish; this red snorts that line. I'm lusting for it it like crazy, but I'm just not taken with the velvet mattes for the price. They can be drying and wrinkly on me. Thank God I'm not usually drunk during Sephora hours; whenever I can't find anything else I like, I'm always tempted to take this home for illicit trysting. It's definitely a good-time gal.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by scarl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went to the NARS counter to get Red Lizard, having just tried it on and loved it. The MA asked if I knew about the Dragon Girl lip pencil; she said it was the same color as Red Lizard but amazingly long-lasting. I bought it and now that I've looked at it in all sorts of lighting, it's looking a little pink (I'm a PPP with light brown hair, hazel eyes). It's a nice red, just not perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This chubby pencil is just amazing. I love it! I use this as my everyday staple and want more colors! The texture is perfect and the color payoff is wonderful. It lasts a long time on my lips and therefore do not need to re-apply as much as I do with other lipsticks/lip products. Moreover, I like the pencil idea because it allows for a more precise application, especially with such an intense color. I use MAC's lip pencil in Brick with this and it rocks. You go, Nars! You have a winner!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by xxtaylorlaurenxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While skipping a class one day, I wandered into Bendel's and found myself at the Nars counter. The MA there kept on complimenting me and telling me what he'd love to do with my eyes, so I sat down happily and got my makeup done. I purchased this around the time that the pictures of Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton surfaced; Nicole was wearing a great bright red lipstick. So I asked if the MA had any suggestions. He suggested this pencil, and applied it on my lips. It looked AMAZING in the store. Everyone was complimenting me, saying it brought out my eyes! So he talked me into buying it. However, for some reason this doesn't look good anymore. I'm almost afraid of it. It's such a gorgeous vibrant red, I wish I knew how to wear it. I have pale skin with cool undertones, brown hair, and blue eyes. I don't want to return this product because I loved the way it looked in the store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2005 7:40:00 AM More reviews by das_madchen

Im asian and love this bright pop of colour- a pink-based red that is just perfect for my slightly tanned complexion. Reminds me of Kylie Minogue's red lips in her clip for the song 'Slow', possibly a little brighter. Love it, the texture and smell (slightly like cherries)- would definitely buy again though a little pricey at $45AUD!