December 22, 2014 | 1742 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by sachitahara

Great blue-based red, and oh so vibrant. Looks great on my NC30-35 Asian skintone. I'm not much of a lipstick girl, but I'm glad I tried this! I layered Benefit's BeneTint underneath, put this on, and blotted twice. I had to reapply ONCE the entire day, and it was really because I wanted to, not because I needed it (mind you, I rode the bus, drank ginger ale out of a straw, and ate a hamburger, and my lips looked fine after all of that!). One of the greatest things about this pencil is that I can kiss my boyfriend without it smearing all over him!

I love the matte texture. The consistency is SO creamy, which surprised me because it's a pencil. Yes, it probably needs sharpening more often, but this doesn't bother me too much. The only thing that bothers me is that it IS a bit drying, but I did wear this three days in a row, over a stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by monakhd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a Mac Addict, it was hard for me to accept that Nars hit it big with their velvet matte lip pencils! Dragon girl is the luxuriously smooth and quick to apply version of Mac's Ruby Woo. It's blue-based, matte and strangely feels like it's name... velvet! I dont layer anything on this and i have no problems with drying, bleeding, etc. (I'm more of a matte kinda girl). You need one of these-even if you dont get the courage to buy dragon girl! You wont regret it. I am collecting every shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by shazyx786

LOVE THIS COLOR!!! I use this when i want that bright blue-based gwen stefani red lip. The texture is divine....just make sure ur lips are moisturized when u wear this. Its not too matte or drying, especially when i have a lil bit of my caudalie lip conditioner underneath. I have to use a lipliner when i wear this or else it bleeds so i took one lippie off for that. But an otherwise great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

This is bright, Technicolor Wonder Woman red. On me it looks blue-based, as many reds do. Three Sephora MA's complemented me on it while I was at the mirror scrutinizing - which actually made me more dubious. There is a line between bombshell and garish; this red snorts that line. I'm lusting for it it like crazy, but I'm just not taken with the velvet mattes for the price. They can be drying and wrinkly on me. Thank God I'm not usually drunk during Sephora hours; whenever I can't find anything else I like, I'm always tempted to take this home for illicit trysting. It's definitely a good-time gal.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by scarl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went to the NARS counter to get Red Lizard, having just tried it on and loved it. The MA asked if I knew about the Dragon Girl lip pencil; she said it was the same color as Red Lizard but amazingly long-lasting. I bought it and now that I've looked at it in all sorts of lighting, it's looking a little pink (I'm a PPP with light brown hair, hazel eyes). It's a nice red, just not perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This chubby pencil is just amazing. I love it! I use this as my everyday staple and want more colors! The texture is perfect and the color payoff is wonderful. It lasts a long time on my lips and therefore do not need to re-apply as much as I do with other lipsticks/lip products. Moreover, I like the pencil idea because it allows for a more precise application, especially with such an intense color. I use MAC's lip pencil in Brick with this and it rocks. You go, Nars! You have a winner!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by xxtaylorlaurenxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While skipping a class one day, I wandered into Bendel's and found myself at the Nars counter. The MA there kept on complimenting me and telling me what he'd love to do with my eyes, so I sat down happily and got my makeup done. I purchased this around the time that the pictures of Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton surfaced; Nicole was wearing a great bright red lipstick. So I asked if the MA had any suggestions. He suggested this pencil, and applied it on my lips. It looked AMAZING in the store. Everyone was complimenting me, saying it brought out my eyes! So he talked me into buying it. However, for some reason this doesn't look good anymore. I'm almost afraid of it. It's such a gorgeous vibrant red, I wish I knew how to wear it. I have pale skin with cool undertones, brown hair, and blue eyes. I don't want to return this product because I loved the way it looked in the store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2005 7:40:00 AM More reviews by das_madchen

Im asian and love this bright pop of colour- a pink-based red that is just perfect for my slightly tanned complexion. Reminds me of Kylie Minogue's red lips in her clip for the song 'Slow', possibly a little brighter. Love it, the texture and smell (slightly like cherries)- would definitely buy again though a little pricey at $45AUD!