E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

So far, I'm really loving this powder as a finish for my liquid foundation. My only complaint is that I ordered the lightest shade, and it is slightly darker than my skin tone. I recommend getting it a shade lighter than you would normally just in case. However, this hasn't been a problem for me because I use a sheer amount, and it actually seems to add a little color to my skin without making a distinction between the skin color on my face, and the skin color on my neck. Plus, for a buck it's worth a shot :)

on 2/3/2012 2:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I got this during a swap only because the target from my house is only 45 mins away and I didnt want to drive that far for this product and I usually get the brand online during their good deals.

I believe it retails for a dollar. I swapped for the ivory color. The coverage is almost like a translutant powder (to me anyways). the packaging is simple, and not bulky, however you have to becareful with it since it only is a dollar the packaging is cheaply made, but what do you expect.

after one use the product starts to oxide. I used this product with the ELF Powder brush. I only put this on on my chin (during the time of the month i get only large cystic pimple on my chin) After cleansing my skin I would use the Clean & Clear advantage acne spot treatment with this after it (to keep the product from slipping all over. Usually the spot treatment would take about 5 days for it to work on me, but since I added this powder with it It took about 2 days to help the cystic pimple from bursting, it also helped with the redness.

HOWEVER

for some reason with this specific product i noticed my skin has become more sensitive and raw after using this item.... I dont think I would repurchase

on 1/24/2012 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because I was looking for something with a bit of coverage that I could toss in my purse, without fear of it breaking and me being out a large chunk of money. This fits the bill. It's a dollar, and I was actually surprised by the coverage. I have the shade ivory, which actually runs pretty yellow. But on my neutral skin, it actually works really well to counteract my redness. The puff it comes with is pretty much useless, other than to absorb some of the shock and possibly keep the powder intact a little longer.

Overall, it works better than I expected. It touches up my face where my foundation is wearing off, and I wont be heartbroken if it shatters on me. Win/win.

on 1/21/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is overall a great product. I've been using it for a while now and I still have alot left. This product is dirt cheap (only a dollar). I'm wearing it right now. The only downside is it really doesn't help with oily skin that much...my skin actually feels oilier when wearing it sometimes. I have this product in Honey, not really a great selection for darker skin tones. So I overall give this product a 4. Great product if your buying it on a whim.

on 12/28/2011 3:13:00 PM

This product is amazing for only one dollar.I would recomend it completely .Buying it again

on 11/3/2011 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

its not the best product available but not the worst. its very messy to use though. so i wouldnt carry this around unless i'd use the puff it comes with. cause a brush would make a huge mess.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

It's the right shade for me it goes on and really does blend into my skin and does not leave this orange look to my skin. I like this one way better than the one that comes from the 3 dollar line.It's a great beginners powder to see if powders work for your skin tone.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this powder. It could stand to be pressed a little more. When using it with a brush you do loose a tun of product causing it to crumble in the middle. Other than that the product on my ski is awesome. I have this toffee and I'm a carmel complexion. I use this to set my foundation and it always turns out great like I said before it can be a bit messy and you may have some cleaning up to do after using it but its awesome on the face.

on 10/25/2011 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

someone mentioned that this powder is sapposed to be claryfying beacause it has salylic acid but it contains talc and talc breaks you out! it broke me out!... at least i think it was the powder haha but also the color selection was awful and does it oxidize? it seemed like it did

on 10/4/2011 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I kept hearing these are semi-sheer powders to set mu with & so didn't think purchasing Honey for my NC25 skin would be too far fetched.Plus it was the second yellow tone shade online; well boy was I wrong! Its like 3 shades DARKER & orangey, so couldn't even use it as a bronzer, although the color is dark enough on me to contour with. Works decently as a blush/all over lid color. It is finely milled, caused no breakouts, goes on smoothly & lasts all day; but until I see this in my Target for accurate 'live' color selections...I will not be experimenting with online guesses (as with most e.l.f products---the $$$$ misses add up to > outweigh the $hits)

Recommended for Normal Skin