E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pretty good product! I bought it in the color Light Beige. It is a little too dark for my skin tone but if i blend it in with another powder it looks fine. It is by far one of the best oil absorbing powders I've tried. Usually by lunch my face is visibly oily but with this powder it isn't. It claims to help treat and prevent acne breakouts since it has 1% Salicylic Acid. Not too sure if it actually has made a difference. But having that extra fighting power is nice. Would not recommend this if you have dry skin since Salicylic Acid is known for drying out the skin. The packaging is decent. It feels kind of cheap almost. It would have been nice if it had a mirror for the times you need a small touch up on the go. It is also very small. You only get 5g of product (0.18oz). For 1$ 5g isn't bad at all. But it would be more convenient if it had more product inside. Also it claims to not test on animals! Would recommend to anyone with oily skin to give it a try. It's only 1$ so why not?

on 3/10/2012 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This product, for the price ($3), works well. By works, I mean because of it's active ingredient (Salicylic Acid) it will not break you out and will help dry out oily, pimpled skin. It acts as medication for a pimple (s.) Salicylic Acid is the active sloughing off ingredient which rids ones complexion of dead skin which is used in all of Clinique's Sloughing (toner) lotions 2,3 and Men's 4. You will also find it in acne medications along with Benzyl Peroxide. Finding Salycilic Acid in a powder is not easy to find and at $3 one can fuss a bit to make it look good. I LOVE it!!! They also make this powder (not listed here) called "Tone Correcting Powder." It's color blocked w/4 shades you mix together to rid the skin of excess ruddiness/redness. Great for covering Rosacia w/out irritating it. It also happens to come in a nice rectangular black compact (no brush/puff provided.) Goes on nice w/E.L.F.'s Complexion Brush (reviewed here.)

on 3/6/2012 7:51:00 AM

Bought this product initially in honey, which turns out to be way darker than the swatch after oxidation. So I started buying rosy beige instead. Piled up the products cuz I love it very much. Now I have 5 of those in my drawers for stock.

Downside is that it runs out too quickly and clumps. Within a month, there's no product left in the container. Still, worth the purchase cuz I can mash the product up and reuse it as loose powder.

on 3/5/2012 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

The color selection is awful, all of the shades i've tried were always a bit off . The coverage is quite good, still needed concealer though. The downside of this powder is that it looks really powdery and quite cakey, it doesnt melt into the skin which make it quite obvious that you're wearing foundation. I didn't have Mac Fix + when I was using this, that probably would've helped.This didnt break me out. For 1$ this a great powder, but I think they're better powders out there for sure. I would not repurchase

So far, I'm really loving this powder as a finish for my liquid foundation. My only complaint is that I ordered the lightest shade, and it is slightly darker than my skin tone. I recommend getting it a shade lighter than you would normally just in case. However, this hasn't been a problem for me because I use a sheer amount, and it actually seems to add a little color to my skin without making a distinction between the skin color on my face, and the skin color on my neck. Plus, for a buck it's worth a shot :)

on 2/3/2012 2:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I got this during a swap only because the target from my house is only 45 mins away and I didnt want to drive that far for this product and I usually get the brand online during their good deals.

I believe it retails for a dollar. I swapped for the ivory color. The coverage is almost like a translutant powder (to me anyways). the packaging is simple, and not bulky, however you have to becareful with it since it only is a dollar the packaging is cheaply made, but what do you expect.

after one use the product starts to oxide. I used this product with the ELF Powder brush. I only put this on on my chin (during the time of the month i get only large cystic pimple on my chin) After cleansing my skin I would use the Clean & Clear advantage acne spot treatment with this after it (to keep the product from slipping all over. Usually the spot treatment would take about 5 days for it to work on me, but since I added this powder with it It took about 2 days to help the cystic pimple from bursting, it also helped with the redness.

HOWEVER

for some reason with this specific product i noticed my skin has become more sensitive and raw after using this item.... I dont think I would repurchase

on 1/24/2012 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because I was looking for something with a bit of coverage that I could toss in my purse, without fear of it breaking and me being out a large chunk of money. This fits the bill. It's a dollar, and I was actually surprised by the coverage. I have the shade ivory, which actually runs pretty yellow. But on my neutral skin, it actually works really well to counteract my redness. The puff it comes with is pretty much useless, other than to absorb some of the shock and possibly keep the powder intact a little longer.

Overall, it works better than I expected. It touches up my face where my foundation is wearing off, and I wont be heartbroken if it shatters on me. Win/win.

on 1/21/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is overall a great product. I've been using it for a while now and I still have alot left. This product is dirt cheap (only a dollar). I'm wearing it right now. The only downside is it really doesn't help with oily skin that much...my skin actually feels oilier when wearing it sometimes. I have this product in Honey, not really a great selection for darker skin tones. So I overall give this product a 4. Great product if your buying it on a whim.

on 12/28/2011 3:13:00 PM

This product is amazing for only one dollar.I would recomend it completely .Buying it again

on 11/3/2011 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

its not the best product available but not the worst. its very messy to use though. so i wouldnt carry this around unless i'd use the puff it comes with. cause a brush would make a huge mess.