July 30, 2014 | 1925 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

This color wasn't for my fair-medium skin. It just didn't give me the right flush. Brownie was a little too dark and brownish. On darker skin, it's perfect. Pink quartz is just right for me. Why do the best ones always get discontinued? I think Brownie and Pink Quartz were the best ones she ever made. They last forever, which helps with the price. You can play around with the various shades for shading and highlighting. This brick isn't as good to wear on your eyes - too rosy. Brownie and Pink Quartz are better colors to put on your eyes too. There's a fair bit of shimmer, but that's the point. If you have big pores or feeling like having a "natural" looking day, don't put this one on. I think the shimmer is pretty and I can be shimmer-shy if it's too sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

very nice shimmerbrick. i love the color. on my NC25-30 skin, it gives me a beautiful pink glow. i havent try this as an eyeshadow but i think i wouldnt like it as e/s because i dont wear pink e/s.

this can emphasize huge pores if you have that so be careful. to me this is worth trying and worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this shimmer brick, but it's not my favorite of my three shimmer bricks that I own (Rose, Apricot, Bronze). On the cheeks, the color is pigmented enough to look rosy. On your eyes, it can look REALLY pink, so beware. But in certain lighting this can look really pretty. I still prefer Bronze over this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

This is my second shimmerbrick, and I just picked it up yesterday at Saks. I went there to test out La Mer products, and the SA insisted I try this shimmerbrick, even though I told him I already had the Pink one. As soon as he put it on, I fell in love with it. It's more pigmented than the Pink one, but still looks great on my fair skin. I love that you only need to swirl your brush quickly over the top, and you're able to get a nice amount of color that still looks natural. I use it with the Face Blender Brush from Bobbi Brown, and they make a great combination. The SA also used this shimmerbrick as eyeshadow, and it looked amazing. Very versatile product, and worth every penny!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by C0nny

This shimmer is just ok. I do not like how it looks on my skin - it seems very cakey. The Shimmer is alright - but not worth the money in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 9:16:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryBlondeMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bobbie Brown Rose Shimmerbrick is a great product IMO. On my skin it's a gorgeous rosey-pink with superfine, paler pink shimmers that creates a flushed, radiant glow. Rose gives just the right amount of shimmer without highlighting my pores at all. There is enough pigment in this blush that you can build it and wear alone, however it's sheer enough to be layered over another cheek product.
I would say say that this was cool-nuetral toned product but I think it would suit all skin tones.
I love this product! it provides the perfect amount of shimmer to brighten up my face (looks great in winter for that flushed-from-the-cold look.) Will definitly purchase again-it is my favourite Shimmerbrick thus far.
Click continue for pictures-

continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by ansleighh

i really like this simmer brick. The rose had more pigment and I like how it looks on my cheek bones.It really gives you that red carpet glow and I even use a little swoosh on my eye lids and it is quite lovely. Will be back for more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by beesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I'm a PPP and I use it as a blusher. It gives a lovely colour and leaves my cheeks with a lovely glow without being glittery. I wear it every day and don't use anything else anymore. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by havenexpress

I absolutely love this shimmerbrick but it IS super shimmery, the color payoff is NOT that great AND my shimmerbrick broke into pieces when I accidentally dropped the compact on the floor. So, why do I love it? Because, with a light hand, it gives me a most amazing rosy glow (I'd pick up only the rosier shades, and not the whites to get better color payoff), and I wouldn't use it all over the face since I don't want shiny t-zone. You can use the lighter shades as highlighter underneath the browbone or as e/s. It absolutely sucked that mine was broken into so many pieces, so I am going to buy another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by nisey_nyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product contains five strips of shimmery powder for use as a highlighter or blush. The strips can be used individually or together. The "Rose" compact contains a white strip, two different bronzy strips, and two different rosy strips.

Although I liked this enough at Bloomingdale's to purchase it, I wasn't impressed with it upon my initial uses at home; I found that it often made me look too red. However, with an easy hand, I can get just the right amount of color and shimmer on my cheeks. A very light application is appropriate for my conservative office (due to the shimmer); a heavier hand makes it perfect for a night out (which is great when touching up my makeup at the end of a long work day).

The packaging is oversized for my taste; the powder is packaged in a large, black, square compact with a large mirror. While I appreciate the large mirror, my makeup bag does not; it simply takes up too much room. I also don't like the square corners on the compact (they jut out in my stuffed makeup bag) and the fact that the compact only opens to 90 degrees (I'd like it to open to 180 degrees). The compact is the same as is used for BB's Pressed Powder, except with a square insert instead of circular.

Given the range of colors in the compact, it seems that I always have a color appropriate for whatever gloss or lipstick I choose to wear that day. I'm pleased overall with this product and will likely purchase again and recommend to friends.