October 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by lucas8930

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Joy in a jar! Before using this product, my lips were devastatingly dry. This balm works wonders. Not only is it an excellent treatment with SPF, but the scent and tint are lovely and feminine. In addition, I find it smooths and ever so slightly plumps my lips for an even more provocative pout. Works well under lipstick/gloss or on its own. Expensive, indeed, but because of its benefits, I will find place in my budget for this item. For those those who might be wondering about how it compares to the La Mer lip balm, I would say that it is equally impressive in its moisturizing properties. For me, they complement each other nicely. l love the La Mer for its refreshing and soothing effects, but I will now use that at bedtime since it lacks sun protection and I find it harder to layer with other products. Regarding the packaging - they both come in pots...which I actually prefer! A minority position, I know, but with a q-tip for clean application, it allows me to use every last bit. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At $58 for 0.35 oz, Baume de Rose is one of the most expensive lip balms on the market. It is also pure luxury. It does moisturize the lips very well. It looks milky white/pink in the pot but it does not have any color on the lips. It does leave a subtle shine to the lips.
The smell is luxurious--like beautiful roses. Another reviewer said that the smell is much better than Smith's Rosebud salve. The smell is in a different league than Rosebud. It is far, far better but it is also far more expensive.
If you are considering the Baume de Rose (in a pot) vs. the Baume de Rose Crystal lip gloss, I would recommend the Baume de Rose in a pot. The lip gloss is $52, has very subtle sparkle pigments in it, and you only get 0.23 oz. The pot for is $58 for 0.35 oz. The sparkle pigments are so subtle that it is not worth it. If you want sparkle, get a MAC Dazzleglass or some other sparkle lip gloss. This is meant to treat the lips so it goes under lipstick or lip gloss anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Jaysta1985

At $100 AUD a pop it is prob one of the most expensive lip balms I have ever purchased. But it's worth it! The rose smell is lovely, the texture not sticky at all, the beautiful sheer white pink glow on the lips is priceless.. and the fact that it makes my lips a bit more plump makes this the best $100 dollar spent! II no longer have dry chapped lips (gross). I know it's a waste of money when I can find equally good balms for a lot less, but I just can't describe the wonderful feeling I get when I apply it.
I think it's a little luxury you can take and apply anything time of the day! I'll def be repurchasing this when I am done with this pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it. I have been through la mer, all drugstore brands, clarins, mac, laura mercier, chanel and the list goes on...I find that I don't need to reapply this often and the effect on the lips is lovely. It has an iridescent glow to it, makes lips look healthy and pouty. It is expensive however I think it will last a while. Very happy! Oh and it's not thick and gloopy either, or waxy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by willy56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this a few days and now i know why this is so hard to find. Forget what I said about every lip balm before.This baume is incredibly decadent. Glides on smoothly,no sticky mess and adds a subtle pink tone to lips.As with other reviews I feel my lips are enhanced. Totally hydrating/ nuturing and the rose scent is so true-reminds me of the glorious day in June when roses first bloom. Elegant glass jar that holds a signicant amount. yet small enough to carry in your purse.This is pricey but will last a while.As with most By Terry products it is fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ksj2

What happened? The first time I bought this... it was pure magic. It moisturized my lips for hours, didn't stick to my hair, smelled like roses and (ACK!) cost an arm and a stupid leg for a LIP GLOSS?!

Needless to say, I wanted more. The product is still great, but the color is a bit different. The applicator is a little less fluffy and less accurate and the tube leaks?! WTF? I pay $60+ and it leaks?! Not sure I'll be buying this again. It's too much money, though I do like it... My new fave is the Sugar Lip gloss by Fresh, because I doesn't stick to your hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in the pot form. This will be my HG lipbalm forever. Seriously. It's a light hint of rose which I love. It was recommended that I only use this before bedtime. And I have. I've gotten beautiful lips overnight. Best of all. If I usethis under a lip pencil and gloss it keeps it hydrated ALL day. Sure it's expensive. $70ish CAD. But I would pay for anything that works like this. I'm 19 this year and I have small wrinkles on my lips and they're all gone now. Love this product. Love. Love.

Edit: I use this as a eye cream. It has done wonders and literally minimized my very fine wrinkles. They're gone now. This is even MORE worth it for me becauses it doesn't cause milia for me. HG eye cream! :D YAyyyyy!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by vivtokki

I bought this lip balm because it had such a beautiful smell and consistency. It does feel like silk on your lips. However, my lips were chapped dry after a few hours. As much as I wanted to like it, it was a big disappointment for the price I paid for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like spreading floral butter on your lips - delicious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This lippie balm is not overrated. It really does live up to its claim. Yes its atrociously expensive for a lipbalm when you can just run to your drugstore to get a carmex or nivea but this one beats elizabeth arden's lipbalm hands down. I use it only sometimes because its so luxurious! The rose scent is lovely and it leaves lips with a beautiful pinky sheen. HG lip balm!