April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by willy56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this a few days and now i know why this is so hard to find. Forget what I said about every lip balm before.This baume is incredibly decadent. Glides on smoothly,no sticky mess and adds a subtle pink tone to lips.As with other reviews I feel my lips are enhanced. Totally hydrating/ nuturing and the rose scent is so true-reminds me of the glorious day in June when roses first bloom. Elegant glass jar that holds a signicant amount. yet small enough to carry in your purse.This is pricey but will last a while.As with most By Terry products it is fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ksj2

What happened? The first time I bought this... it was pure magic. It moisturized my lips for hours, didn't stick to my hair, smelled like roses and (ACK!) cost an arm and a stupid leg for a LIP GLOSS?!

Needless to say, I wanted more. The product is still great, but the color is a bit different. The applicator is a little less fluffy and less accurate and the tube leaks?! WTF? I pay $60+ and it leaks?! Not sure I'll be buying this again. It's too much money, though I do like it... My new fave is the Sugar Lip gloss by Fresh, because I doesn't stick to your hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in the pot form. This will be my HG lipbalm forever. Seriously. It's a light hint of rose which I love. It was recommended that I only use this before bedtime. And I have. I've gotten beautiful lips overnight. Best of all. If I usethis under a lip pencil and gloss it keeps it hydrated ALL day. Sure it's expensive. $70ish CAD. But I would pay for anything that works like this. I'm 19 this year and I have small wrinkles on my lips and they're all gone now. Love this product. Love. Love.

Edit: I use this as a eye cream. It has done wonders and literally minimized my very fine wrinkles. They're gone now. This is even MORE worth it for me becauses it doesn't cause milia for me. HG eye cream! :D YAyyyyy!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by vivtokki

I bought this lip balm because it had such a beautiful smell and consistency. It does feel like silk on your lips. However, my lips were chapped dry after a few hours. As much as I wanted to like it, it was a big disappointment for the price I paid for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like spreading floral butter on your lips - delicious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This lippie balm is not overrated. It really does live up to its claim. Yes its atrociously expensive for a lipbalm when you can just run to your drugstore to get a carmex or nivea but this one beats elizabeth arden's lipbalm hands down. I use it only sometimes because its so luxurious! The rose scent is lovely and it leaves lips with a beautiful pinky sheen. HG lip balm!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by batlet2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmm not sure about this one! After re3ading reviews on here I realise when I bought the tube (lipgloss style) version its actually isn't the same as the product in the glass pot and maybe why I was disappointed. To me this was just an expensive lipgloss. Ive used half of it and got board and now its headed to the makeup draw of maybe ill use it again! I think I would have been wiser to (have joined this site earleir!!) have bought the pot version. Am using la mer at the moment and love it so am sticking with that for now. Overall this product was ok not worth the price tag tho. If i was going to try this again ill go for the pot version more of a balm than a gloss!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Scotlandlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I felt like a gluttonous pig and wondered why I ever needed to buy a $50.00 lip balm. I was very critical and didn't like the taste of perfume that seemed to overpower my lips. But... after using this lip balm for a couple of weeks I can't get enough of it! The smooth elegant texture and subtle dewy glow is to die for. My once chapped lips are healed and everything smells like roses! The perfume taste doesn't bother me as much. I guess I have developed an aquired taste. I feel spoiled rotten and can't wait for the next application.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lgans1

I'm on the fence about this product. I purchased the baume in the tube not the pot and the top completely came off (i mean it literally came unglued!) and now half is all over the bottom of my purse. besides that mess, i'm not so sure about the fragrance and taste of this stuff. It is slightly offensive and makes me feel like i'm eating toxic makeup. Having said that, however, i really love the way it looks on my lips. i'll keep it and use what's left for that reason alone. i would probably not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Cora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of those few skincare products I have repurchased. Not only does this perform brilliantly as a moisturizing lip treatment (with spf, too!) it is a pleasure to use. The balm comes in a substantial glass jar, and is more of a creamy balm than a sticky or goopy balm. The scent is delicious - light rose petals, and does dissipate after application. Despite the high price tag, I will continue to repurchase this because nothing works as well to make my lips soft and plump. It goes on without any high shine/glassy effect. If I put this on at night, my lips are always smooth and moist in the morning. This balm (despite being basically colorless/light pink) also has a curious color enhancing effect on my lips - after it has sunk in, particularly overnight, my lips always have a lovely soft pink color to them. One caution, if you think the wand form is the same product, but with a handy wand, please know it is not. The wand form of this product is much more liquidy, has subtle shimmers, goes on with a much shinier effect, and doesn't perform nearly as well.