December 21, 2014 | 956 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by oceansun

I have oily t-zone but dry on my cheeks, this is perfect for the morning the scrub is gentle but it cleans very well and leaves your skin smooth afterwards! That is what shocked me the most is it made my skin smooth. I have used this two times, it lasts pretty long :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

I have had this in my bathroom forever. I don't always use it but when I do I use it to exfoliate and I notice my pores are smaller and my skin is smoother. I don't like that it's a little hard to wash off and I hate getting it in my eyelashes when I'm washing it off because it slightly irritates my eyes but overall it's a great product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tehryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this blemish control apricot scrub everytime I wash my face in pair with Philosophy Purity. I LOVE this scrub!!! I have combination skin and have been prone to breakouts in the past and had bad teen acne, and ever since I've started using this scrub it's rare that I breakout at all! It makes my face feel so clean and smooth. If you have an issue with breakouts or acne I'd definitely give this a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Omg my skin is not even sensitive but this crap broke me out so bad :( it may be to rough for me be careful people maybe its because i have dry skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the deal. I actually use the generic, store-version and it works great. I have exfoliated for years, but only recently realized that I was not scrubbing for nearly as long as I should have been, for at least 3 minutes! Whoops. Now that I know exactly what I'm doing, my skin is softer than it's ever been before, and I do feel that my blackheads are a bit more under control these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this. I feel my skin getting clearer with each use. Enough said, really.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I've been using this scrub for years and years, it's pretty good. I find it quite harsh so I definitely don't use it on my face daily, but maybe 2-3 times a week when I feel I really need to slough off the dead skin cells. I don't find it's done that much to help clear my acne, but it definitely helps remove dead and flaky skin and hopefully this helps clear my pores.
I always use it before applying self-tanning cream, and also use it every now and then after shaving or waxing - really helps smooth my skin.
It smells nice, does a good job of exfoliating, and it reasonably priced, especially if you can get it on sale (and then I don't feel so guilty rubbing it all over my legs).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used approximately 3-4 tubes of this.

Pros

Heals acne
Gets rid of oil for a while (not all day)
Smells nice
Gets excess skin cells off your face
Can be used as a body scrub in shower if you have some spaces on your body that need clearing up
Doesn't make my sensitive skin break out in rash or redness for hours as some facial cleansers do; not too harsh on my skin

Cons

Doesn't seem to heal acne as quickly as I would prefer. It feels as though it helps minimally to moderately (depending on the blemish) but I am looking for something more heavy duty
It has not stopped new acne from forming although I use it once in the morning and once at night
Doesn't do anything for evening skin tone (redness, acne marks, dark spots, anything)

Tips

Put warm water on your face before using this product. Let the product sit on the skin for a couple of minutes to really let it do its stuff ( I like to brush my teeth during this waiting period). Rinse off face with cold water. Warm water opens pores while cold water closes them.

Comments

Over all, I come back to this occasionally. It is a good product, but not my hg cleanser. Doesn't get make up off completely, so I use coconut oil to remove eye make up.

The Equate (generic) version of this sold at Walmarts is good. The ingredients are basically the same, it's just that Equate uses more of some ingredients and less of others than St. Ives. It's half the price of St. Ives, too. I highly suggest trying the generic form of this, because I haven't noticed any difference in performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Amberleighanne

This is the first exfoliator I've tried that I like. I use it every other day, and then use my cetaphil cleanser & moisturizer, and I've noticed that since I've used it, I don't have nearly as much acne. I didn't like the smell at first but it grew on me and now I find myself smelling it until my nose burns when I use it. It makes my skin super soft and it feels so clean :) I repurchased it once, but I ended up buying the equate brand because Walmart had it on sale for like $1 and I was running short on cash, and so far it seems like it's the same, maybe a little bit lower quality. I'll probably stick with the st. Ives brand next time I buy it. Awesome product (:

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by katerin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks, and i cant really say i've seen much improvement in my skin, and not many of my blackheads have gone away. But it does smell good and makes my skin feel smooth.