October 26, 2014 | 1033 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I'm a chapstick / lipgloss girl. This is good for a more polished look for me. I have one of the sheer shades, and it's shiny without the goopiness / stickiness of a lipgloss.

I have it in 'Casual Beige' #222, which is a sheer pinkish neutral.

I find that it wears off quickly and dries out my lips. So, I only wear on days that I'm willing to reapply often.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by lilnodyxp

i bought this in nude silhouette
at first the color didnt look so nice on my hand but when i applied OMG! its great! i was looking for a nude lipstick and i have finally found one that works for my skin. its very smooth on my lips and it just come in the most prettiest case ITS SOOSEXY!! ( i no i sound like an idiot right now but the case itself is just orgasmic) and the nude color is just FAB_U_LOUS

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

I bought this in Sparkling Violet last Friday at a Sephora. I had a big night out coming up, a little money put aside, and I wanted to treat myself to a high-end lipstick. I almost passed this up, but finally decided that a) I like Dior's quality, b) I had a roommate once who loved the Addict lipstick and c) the color was pretty and my gecko's named Violet, so it seemed fitting. (I am a cosmetic company's wet dream/worst nightmare: names ABSOLUTELY influence my decision to buy, and yes, I know how inane that is!) I am super, super glad that this was my choice. Sparkling Violet, I think, is actually something of a misnomer; there's no purple in this, but a pretty, deep cool rose with shimmer. The tearose fragrance is noticeable but I like it, and I also think the packaging is elegant too. What has really sold me on this lipstick, however, is the ease of wear. That's right there on the Dior website and I think they're absolutely correct: it's light, didn't cause any sort of reaction on me or dry out my lips like nearly all of the lipsticks I've tried, and despite being a bold color I felt safe enough to re-apply without a real mirror on hand. It also has decent lasting power; though faded, it was still noticeable after a 2 hour dinner. My one real complaint with it was that the sparkles in this particular formula migrated a bit, but next time I'll try more clear lip liner. I just felt better with this on: slightly more grown up, more polished, and not worried about looking too garish. This is such a good lipstick that I'm waiting until my skin clears up a bit to start wearing it again. I would rec these to anyone who would rather invest a bit of money into one quality lipstick that they'll want to wear often as opposed to several lower-quality ones. I'm turning 25 in a few months and I'm trying to get myself weaned off of lip glosses and onto lipsticks, and this is a great transition between the two. I'm not normally sold on something this much after only a couple of uses, either, so give this a try if you're on the fence about it, I'd say.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by dienausicaa

Dior Addict in Digital Brown

Not brown on my naturally plummish pigmented lips! instead it shows up as a rich red+chocolate color. Delicious!

The texture is buttery and it has a great color pay off with a gleaming finish. When it wears out , it leaves more of the reddish color on the lips, rather than the chocolate.

This is the kind of lipstick that you feel you are "wearing", as it will be more of a layer of colour on the lips.

Personally I think this color is too dark for my pale olive complexion but it looks great on my mother who has a medium almond skin tone. This color really flatters medium olive skin, and it is not your standard dark red, but rather a nice change.

My only complain is that after having it for three months , the "luxury" blue case was wearing off badly, the Dior logo scratched out. Overall it looked like I had it for years....even though I only put it in my purse a few times. I wish the packaging endure time better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

TOTALLY AGREE WITH 'brunettegirl"! These lipsticks are WONDERFUL!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Brunettegirl

The name says it all...Christian Dior lipsticks are simply addicting. I have puchased at least 5 tubes now. I love the texture of their lipsticks., in particular the ultra shine addict lipsticks...It's the perfect remedy to those that want a glossy look with a little more lipstick feel and texture, without the typical messy feeling of a lip gloss. Lovely and elegant packaging...I am truly addicted...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by bumble17

i found this lying around in my bathroom (i think it's my mom's) and decided to try it for fun. I love it!! i forgot what color it is, but it's an orangey-pink shade. It looks glittery in the tube but not on the lips. It's moisturizing and looks a bit glossy too! i love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by illii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I recieved 4 addict lipsticks as a present a few years ago. The colors I have are really dark shades of red and brown (don't remeber the color names). Seeing as my skin is kind of pale with pink undertones, these shades make me look totaly washed out. with 3/4 of the lipsticks I look like a small 5 year old who found her mothers makeup bag and had some fun.

When on my lips, I find the lipstick very soft and creamy. The lipsticks don't shimmer as much as i had hoped, but they would probably look great on me in a more nude/pink color.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by wingkiester

I really like the dior addict #627, however, there is a major problem for me when closing the cap down. The lipgloss inside the tube tends to overflow to the rim and therefore, often times, the sticky gloss will dirty the outside of the tube. Does anyone have this problem also? I know for sure it is the design problem because I have checked the tester at Sephora and many of the lipgloss have the same issue on display! I don't know if I want to buy it again considering there was a waste of gloss all the time when closing the cap!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 5:58:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

I have this in Photo Brown, and it's the most wearable neutral reddish brick-brown I own. The colour lends a sophisticated and polished look which is perfect for autumn/winter teamed with dark clothes and netural eyes. The formula is wonderful - a smooth and silky consistency that's very moisturising. This colour is very pigmented and lasts longer than some of the other Addict lippies, and the packaging is cute too!