October 2, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for my feet. It leaves them feeling soft and my skin absorbs it quickly. I've noticed there are two different variations in the formulas. I've heard it depends on where the cream is made, but really, either one is fine.
I personally can't use this for my face. I'm currently on Roaccutane and my skin isn't even dry enough for this. It's too rich and leaves facial skin extremely shiny with a sticky residue which is there for hours. My grandma, however, swears by this for her face. She's been using it her entire life and is almost 90 but looks like she's in her 60s.

I love the fact that you can get the cream in a tin container - I love anything in a tin container.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this at all. The fragrance in it was REALLY strong and irritating and the lotion was more greasy than it was moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

This is a nice lotion for dry to very dry skin. The problem with this classic lotion is that "mineral oil" is only the second ingredient. The only ingredient more abundant is water. So, this stuff is no good for anyone with oily skin, especially in the face. If your skin isn't very dry, Nivea makes a GREAT alternative: The Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream for face, body, and hands (I use it on my face every day and on my hands throughout the day).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only recently bought this after stumbling over various internet musings comparing this to Creme de la Mer. I have no desire to actually try or buy CdlM but I am always on the lookout for really good moisturizers after I decided I could no longer justify $100+NZD for Shiseido Intensive Nourishing and Recovery cream (which is lovely and very effective, just hideously expensive)... So a quick walk down to my local supermarket, grabbed a 100mL blue plastic pot off the shelf (and got a couple of the Nivea Lip Butters as well, because they were on special ;-) and for about $10NZD, I toddled off home to try it.
That was two weeks ago.
I've been using the Nivea (German version, FWIW) every second or third night because initially I was concerned it would be too heavy or could cause potential breakouts.
The cream is very thick and quite stiff and it is quite heavily fragranced with something vaguely powdery floral-ish.
Still, it has worked really well so far.
I use a decent sized dab (enough to cover one index finger tip down to the first joint) and then I rub and warm the cream between my palms before applying to my face. I found it works best to ensure your skin is completely dry after cleansing - like pat dry with a towel and then brush your teeth and floss or do whatever you want to to do for 5 or so minutes until your skin is no longer even slightly damp.
I rub any excess into my hands :-)
In the morning I wake up with fresh, well plumped, smooth and velvety skin. No dry patches to speak of and I am susceptible to these, especially around my chin and nose. Doesn't cause any redness, irritation or breakouts (pimples, boo!) and the biggest difference I have noticed is that my skin seems more "elastic-y"... (I don't know else to describe it!), so that's a really positive thing during my rapid descent into crinkled hagdom ;-D
Cheap, effective, will last for eons, easy to find... ticks all the boxes for me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by 10012039

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Used sparingly, it is a very hydrating everyday moisturizer for very dry skin. It really softened the dry areas on my chin and forehead. It has a nice texture and a very soft powdery smell. I bought the smallest tin and will soon upgrade to the biggest size! Compared with my Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream, this one wins hands down!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by britbritmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nivea Creme worked very, very well for me! It added much moisture into my skin. However, it can look oily. Also, with continued use, it started breaking me out which was shocking because when I first started using it, my skin had never looked better!

All-in-all I would say it's a great night creme. I don't think I would wear it during the day, though. Like I said, it tends to look oily and I just don't think it's something for the day.

The packaging is okay. Nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by AnnaPetrelli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I used this as a kid, but stopped when I got acne cause I figured it probably wasn't doing me any good. I went back to it a year ago for reasons I can't remember and I am so glad I did! This stuff is seriously the only thing that doesn't break me out! And I am really, really sensitive to all sorts of moisturizers. I can even slather on a thick layer and that doesn't break me out. In combination with bp this has cleared my acne. I still have hyperpigmentation though and I figured I'd use another moisturizer during the day to help with that (plus nivea can give u that shiny look) and although the ingredientslist was excellent, I have since broken out. I am going back to my trusted nivea and never trying another thing!

Oh and my dad uses it and he could easily pass as 40 though he's 50. So I guess there's some kind of anti-aging goodness in it too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This review is for the basic Nivea Creme in the dark blue jar. The cream is very thick and Crisco-like. Although it is occulsive I do not think it is particularly moisturizing. I bought it for a hand cream but I think I will wind up using it on my legs after showering. Gold Bond Ultra Healing Cream and AmLactin body lotion are far superior to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I was at first very hesitant because of the German vs. Mexican formula debate. The Mexican formula is the one commonly found on store shelves in Canada, with $6 price tag. The German formula is said to be better, but that costs 3-5 times the normal price plus crazy shipping rates.

You know what? The Mexican formula is actually amazing. In fact it's been my miracle night cream for the past 3 months. Every morning I find my combination skin well-moisturized, non-oily, and this lasts 2-3 hours after I wake up. My complexion has a nicer glow. The really amazing thing is, it dries/heals my acne from the previous day, and no other moisturizer can ever do that. It doesn't cure acne of course but I find my acne healing much quicker because of it. I also use it on my elbow and heel sometimes. 1-2 uses are enough to soften my elbow and heel, and the softened skin lasts about a week without reapplying Nivea.

There are 2 things to be aware though (1) It has a old-fashioned scent, some might find it strong (2) It is a very thick creme, only a bit softer than butter. I am concerned about heavy rubbing on the face as that might create wrinkles. So I learned to spread it on my hands first and then pat that onto my face, followed by small-scale massage to rub it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Keyra89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I been using this for months I use it everywhere. feet,hands, body, legs everywhere makes so soft. made my rough feet smooth. and it does wonder for my hands especially since I wash my hands 24/7 because of my job. and I found the 13 oz for 6 bucks at walmart double the size i used to get for 8 or 9 bucks at cvs or walgreens. best moisturizer for me and my skin.