Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

on 10/6/2011 7:31:00 PM

Probably the best scrub I've used. I typically hate scrubs because they scratch my skin instead of actually scrub it. What I love about this is the particles inside aren't granular they are spherical so they can't cut at the skin. It's still an aggressive scrub yes, but not harsh in the fact that it cuts your skin. You can use it three way - dry (most aggressive), wet (slightly less aggressive), or mix it with your cleanser (most gentle but still effective). I use it dry and it makes my skin look amazing for the next few days, my mu goes on so much smoother, all my other skincare sinks in easier, and I just look more radiant then usual. There is a lot of citrus/lemon oil in it so if you have extremely sensitive skin there is a chance it might burn so be careful..and don't EVER get it in your eyes (and really, you should already know not to put a scrub near your eyes to begin with) It is pricey but supposedly if you use the directed amount it will last almost a year (however, I like to use a lot, it just doesn't feel as good if I'm only using a pea size or so, but thats my own preference, if used as directed it really is worth the investment)

on 10/1/2011 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very gentle exfoliator, I highly recommend it for sensitive skin. It has very soft granules and are non irritating. I really did like it, but I want something that will exfoliate much stronger and it's a bit too gentle. I wouldn't repurchase because I found it to be too expensive for being an average product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is like an apricot scrub...but harsher. The particles that make up the friction are rough.

When I started using it, i thought it would be like an OTC apricot scrub ( St. Ives, Target brand, etc.). I started using it maybe once or twice a week. This was too many times a week...because my skin started to break out more and more because the bits in the scrub were causing small nicks in my face, which then became pimples.

I won't be using this product ever again.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got this product as a gift. I'm not really big on origins. Anyways I gave a shot at it. This consistency is different, it is gooey and reminds me of play doh. To get the best result when using this product, scoop a generous amount nd put in on your dry face. Use small circular motion and then of couse wash it off. I read in some reviews that people use a tiny bit at a time, I say if you paid for a product whether its expensive or not you should use it to get the best reults possible. My skin feels smooth after I use this product. I like, but not enough to puchase it again.

on 8/26/2011 3:35:00 AM

Is it me or does this stuff smell like Froot Loops? o.O

...haha anyway, I have combination/oily skin and when I use the teeniest-tiny amount (because its so darn expensive) it makes my skin look luminous, doesn't dry it out and it feels quite smooth<3 My pores have gotten smaller as well! I tried it out b/c a friend had a sample, but after the results I got, I had to get myself the full-sized bottle. I'm use to St.Ives Apricot scrub, which doesn't have impressive results like this scrub..I'm giving this product four lippies b/c this stuff is good yes, but $37.50 for a scrub? Thats a bit steep....

I got this as a sample, and I really wanted to like it from all the great reviews it gets, but I A.) don't like scrubby exfoliators, and B.) the texture of this one was almost a cream of wheat goopy feeling. Maybe i got a bad batch? but it didn't exfoliate, and felt like it stuck to my face a lot, had to cleanse really well after

on 8/15/2011 2:56:00 PM

A great scrub! I use it once a week and it really works well at getting rid of all impurities. It might be a little pricey but a little goes a long way, and I have not found any other products comparable to it. Maybe a little to harsh for sensitive skin, but definitely perfect for my normal-combination skin.

on 7/15/2011 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I seriously love this scrub... I have oily, acne prone skin and I feel it helps keep my skin clear. Smells good, doesnt irritate my skin but the biggest downfall is the price. 50euro is a hefty prive tag so im afraid theres no way Ill be buying this as good as I think it is =(

on 7/3/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product is a so-so product. if this product was 10$ i would probably consider repurchasing again, but for the price i wouldn't repurchase again. the grains are sooooooo abrasive & rough i feel like iím scratching/scrubbing my sensitive & acne-prone skin, it also leaves my skin super red in the end. the only pro is probably my skin feels cleaner?

on 6/27/2011 11:07:00 PM

I'm in love with this product. It makes me skin super soft. I got a small sample of it from Origins, and I was using it once a week in the shower. I smells...very unique. If you could smell rice or the water of washed rice, that's what it smells like. I leave it on for a few seconds and wash it off. leave my skin feeling super soft. It's like a gentle scrub that just cleans out every single pore on your face. I'm def planning to buy the full sized version.