Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is like an apricot scrub...but harsher. The particles that make up the friction are rough.

When I started using it, i thought it would be like an OTC apricot scrub ( St. Ives, Target brand, etc.). I started using it maybe once or twice a week. This was too many times a week...because my skin started to break out more and more because the bits in the scrub were causing small nicks in my face, which then became pimples.

I won't be using this product ever again.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got this product as a gift. I'm not really big on origins. Anyways I gave a shot at it. This consistency is different, it is gooey and reminds me of play doh. To get the best result when using this product, scoop a generous amount nd put in on your dry face. Use small circular motion and then of couse wash it off. I read in some reviews that people use a tiny bit at a time, I say if you paid for a product whether its expensive or not you should use it to get the best reults possible. My skin feels smooth after I use this product. I like, but not enough to puchase it again.

on 8/26/2011 3:35:00 AM

Is it me or does this stuff smell like Froot Loops? o.O

...haha anyway, I have combination/oily skin and when I use the teeniest-tiny amount (because its so darn expensive) it makes my skin look luminous, doesn't dry it out and it feels quite smooth<3 My pores have gotten smaller as well! I tried it out b/c a friend had a sample, but after the results I got, I had to get myself the full-sized bottle. I'm use to St.Ives Apricot scrub, which doesn't have impressive results like this scrub..I'm giving this product four lippies b/c this stuff is good yes, but $37.50 for a scrub? Thats a bit steep....

I got this as a sample, and I really wanted to like it from all the great reviews it gets, but I A.) don't like scrubby exfoliators, and B.) the texture of this one was almost a cream of wheat goopy feeling. Maybe i got a bad batch? but it didn't exfoliate, and felt like it stuck to my face a lot, had to cleanse really well after

on 8/15/2011 2:56:00 PM

A great scrub! I use it once a week and it really works well at getting rid of all impurities. It might be a little pricey but a little goes a long way, and I have not found any other products comparable to it. Maybe a little to harsh for sensitive skin, but definitely perfect for my normal-combination skin.

on 7/15/2011 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I seriously love this scrub... I have oily, acne prone skin and I feel it helps keep my skin clear. Smells good, doesnt irritate my skin but the biggest downfall is the price. 50euro is a hefty prive tag so im afraid theres no way Ill be buying this as good as I think it is =(

on 7/3/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product is a so-so product. if this product was 10$ i would probably consider repurchasing again, but for the price i wouldn't repurchase again. the grains are sooooooo abrasive & rough i feel like iím scratching/scrubbing my sensitive & acne-prone skin, it also leaves my skin super red in the end. the only pro is probably my skin feels cleaner?

on 6/27/2011 11:07:00 PM

I'm in love with this product. It makes me skin super soft. I got a small sample of it from Origins, and I was using it once a week in the shower. I smells...very unique. If you could smell rice or the water of washed rice, that's what it smells like. I leave it on for a few seconds and wash it off. leave my skin feeling super soft. It's like a gentle scrub that just cleans out every single pore on your face. I'm def planning to buy the full sized version.

on 6/20/2011 12:29:00 AM

I love this product because it does everything that it says it will do. And on my more sensitive skin days, I use it on damp instead of dry skin and it still gets off all the dead cells. It also really cleans up my skin, which is important because I am combo/oily.

on 6/2/2011 9:06:00 PM

Not adding water with this product does seem like it drags the skin along but that can be fixed with using more or just adding a touch of water. The end result is super smooth skin!! I really like this product. It's not grainy like the other scrubs I have used which I felt always seemed to be scratching my poor skin. The smell is less than pleasant but the results make it worth it.