August 20, 2014 | 1406 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product is a so-so product. if this product was 10$ i would probably consider repurchasing again, but for the price i wouldn't repurchase again. the grains are sooooooo abrasive & rough i feel like iím scratching/scrubbing my sensitive & acne-prone skin, it also leaves my skin super red in the end. the only pro is probably my skin feels cleaner?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I'm in love with this product. It makes me skin super soft. I got a small sample of it from Origins, and I was using it once a week in the shower. I smells...very unique. If you could smell rice or the water of washed rice, that's what it smells like. I leave it on for a few seconds and wash it off. leave my skin feeling super soft. It's like a gentle scrub that just cleans out every single pore on your face. I'm def planning to buy the full sized version.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I love this product because it does everything that it says it will do. And on my more sensitive skin days, I use it on damp instead of dry skin and it still gets off all the dead cells. It also really cleans up my skin, which is important because I am combo/oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by ynamiki

Not adding water with this product does seem like it drags the skin along but that can be fixed with using more or just adding a touch of water. The end result is super smooth skin!! I really like this product. It's not grainy like the other scrubs I have used which I felt always seemed to be scratching my poor skin. The smell is less than pleasant but the results make it worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great scrub. Its Gentel yet effective.my skin feels wonderful after I use it. I use this twice a week. I do wish it smelled a little better like other origins products, the smell isn't that bad and not to strong so its bearable. Another great product from origins

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Jstar2009

I've never been a big fan of scrubs/aha's etc, but this product performs extremely well that it is proving to be an exception. It really does help to even out skin tone, and because I'm pale it's important to keep my skin looking fresh and even- every flaw shows up. I only used a sample of this once, but it was very gentle and nonabrasive yet extremely effective. I've just found my HG serum (Cosmetic Skin Solutions C E Ferulic) and HG moisturizer (La Mer) and I'm going to pick another bottle of this up- hopefully the combined results will be something to smile about :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by fluffyby

Totally love it. I was hesitating whether or not to buy this at first as it is ver pricey here in Singapore, SGD81 for a 125ml tube. Only when I have this as a sample with purchase in 30ml tube, then I realize this is the face scrub I have been searching for. Scrub beads are made from rice thus they don't scratch my skin like others do. Best use with dry face, it could be slightly difficult to get used to it. After that add on a little amount of water and the dry sticky paste turns into a very soft foam with heavenly smell. After I rinse off, my face feels baby smooth. I am never disappointed by Origins!

[I grabbed a full size tube during one of the departmental stores sales event at 20% discount. I am totally loving it!]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I love this product! Was using the Olay microderm. kit and worked well-but I felt like I was rubbing sandpaper on my face each time I used it. Ouch! This is such a gentle yet effective alternative. Love the earthy smell as well. I use it on a dry face and it works just fine. You definitely use less product if its a tad wet.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by pappayaya

This is a great exfoliator for combination skin like mine except I find it a bit too dry to scrub on its own. I prefer adding a few drops of water onto my hands before applying it on my face. You only need a small amount!! There are times when I forget and it takes a long time to get rid of it all since becomes very foamy with a little water.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample from KIT along with something I actually wanted to try, Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleanser. I'm trying to get away from scrubs, because they're enflaming my pores. The SA suggested Modern Friction, because it's gentler. I have combo skin, slightly oiling in t-zone. Normal on cheeks. I get congestion on my chin, nose and forehead. I break out every week, but not severely. I only have about 2 pimples at the moment, and they're not bad. I'm loving the cleanser I bought. This though... I don't know. It felt like it was dragging on my skin a lot. I added a little water, as they said to do this for sensitive skin. It helped a little... but still. Felt like it was pasty, white, slightly grainy muck. I don't really like the smell, to me it smells a bit like dish washing liquid. Lemon fresh... or something. I just don't know about this. As I've only used it once... we'll see how I go. But the dragging and consistency isn't really something I enjoy using. It did polish my skin fairly well, though not as good as a regular scrub. Will report back if it breaks me out/makes my skin die. I'm really looking for something that exfoliates without granules though. My search continues.