November 27, 2014 | 1566 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by countdrunkula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's nice but the product comes out of the bottle too quickly and makes it difficult to find the exact amount needed or else my hair looks greasy. Not worth the hassle and price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

I have been using this product for several years and I love it. Its great for making hair shiny and defining any styling you have done. I also use it in my naturally wavy hair to keep it from getting frizzy while drying. It is on the pricy side but it definitely works.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Soravanilla

This is a great product. I love this stuff, it make your hair shiny and pretty. But if you apply too much, you hair will look very oily and dirty. I use a bit less than a dime size. The price is -__-, but I got it off amazon for $32 when the seller promote a sell. Love this stuff, definitely repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this stuff on and off for about fifteen years. Overall, I love it. The only downside is the addition of SD alcohol, but that's also what makes it dry quickly and not weigh your hair down.

The scent is very clean and light. I use it on my dry hair to tame frizzies and the scent linger in my hair faintly most of the day. It does what a serum should, providing shine and softness.

It is too expensive, considering how many other products there are out there now that are similar to this. When I first started using this, there weren't many serums on the market, so the price made more sense. But now, every drugstore brand has a serum, so there's more competition. I do feel it should be a bit less expensive. That said, it lasts me about two years, and my hair is mid back length.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always saw people raving about this and I looked at the price and immediately didnt care for it. The price is outrageous! I was extremely skeptical and I thought it was overhyped and a waste of money to purchase. My aunt recently gifted it to me and so it was perfect, I would get to try it out and not spend a penny! I tried it out still skeptical and it is AMAZING! It is worth every penny. All the hype is because it is perfect and nothing short of amazing. It does exactly what it says, it makes my hair soft and beautiful looking. All the other Biosilk products are good too. I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product to everyone! Every since I got this product I havent looked back since and will be repurchasing over and over again. Dont walk to get this product RUN!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by momo87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this stuff is amazing! my hair feels like its been freshly cut each time I use it! after straightening my hair is feels super smooth.. the straightener just glides over my hair too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

A great product if you flat iron your hair a lot. Works well as a smoother when applied to wet hair before styling, and also as a finished. Nice salon smell as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ehouston

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using Biosilk in my early teens (I am now 26) when my aunt, a hairdresser, used it on me after blow drying my hair. I have thick unruly curly hair that tends to frizz but have very oily scalp and dry ends. I have tried a ridiculous amount of products and always come back to this. Biosilk is lightweight and easy to spread. I use a dime sized amount on my wet hair spread evenly and heat style then a small amount after styling, when I wear my hair curly I mix in my hand a dime size amount biosilk and about 3-4 pumps of a curl cream (biotera at the moment) and either air dry or use a diffuser. Whatever product is left on my hand I rub on my elbows and/or knees. Pricing may seem high but the large bottle will last a little over a year for me. I have paid the same amount for a smaller bottle or organic argan oil at a health food store and while it had done wonders for my skin, it made my hair super oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by libertinexox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wish I didn't just buy a big bottle of this. I found the large bottle for $29 (instead of $40 which I've seen elsewhere) so I went for it since the other bottle was tiny. I'm going to try to take it back.

This didn't work for me but I since it does for so many others, I think it's probably because of how dry and damaged my hair is. I have dyed it sooo many times and used to blow-dry, tease and curl it a lot. This product seems to sit on top of my hair making it look kinda coated and greasy and just basically made it look worse.

I noticed in a bit of time it started to maybe sink in or something and look (slightly) better, but that doesn't matter because I can't get over the smell, which I hate. It smells strong and chemical-y like a dry cleaners or bounce sheets and it gave me almost an immediate headache. Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

Unlike the biosilk shampoo and conditioner, I love the silk therepy- for both my hair AND my hands. I use this product at the very end of my hait routine. The minute I am done flat ironing my hair, i put a quarter size amount in my hands, rub my hands together like a lotion and then apply it to my hait- starting witg my ends and working my way up. Its important to start at the ends because more of the product is needed at the ends for silkiness, to help with the split ends and any frizzy fly aways you may have. Also, if you start at your roots- your hair may get greasy. I dont havr a problem with this product ever making my hair greasy, but if you add too much to your roots- it can weigh it down a bit. This product gets 5two stars just for the smell of it. Everytime I put this in my hair, when I give my husband a hug- I can feel him nuzzle his nose in my hair because it smells so good. NO JOKE! I also love that the product lasts forever, so the price is really worth it. After doing a little research, i found that this balm is also used for extremely dry hands- which is why I put a little extra on my hands and rub them together before applying to my hair. If you havent tried this product, I recommend that you do. I buy the big bottles now, but they also have small ones you can buy to try out before you commit to a huge bottle!