November 27, 2014 | 1602 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish - So Ceylon ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice bronzer for me, I'm really pale and pretty cool toned. Its not to much or to dark or to orangey. The shimmer is just right not to big or chunky. So Ceylon looks glowly and luminous on and I really like it. I do think MSFs are super expensive but there is a lot of product so I guess it makes sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Manet

This is a wonderful MSF. In the container it looks like it's going to be an intense reddish bronzer, but on my skin it gives the perfect balance of a blush (that makes you look healthy) and a glow. Up close, for example while you're applying it and your face is inches from the mirror, it's gonna look pretty shimmery, but if you take just one step back, the little specks sort of disappear and they all just give a hint of a glow. This makes it wearable all year long as you can just layer it a bit more to give that really bronzed up look for the summer. This particular shade, I presume, is actually suitable for all shades as the person that inspired me to get this is between nc25 and nc30. I'm nc44 so...that says a lot.

I should add that this, surprisingly, stays on pretty well. I put this on to try it without anything underneath (no primer, no foundation, no powder) and it stayed put til I decided to wipe it off which was hours (about 4?) later.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by glossybrowneyes

I have the new, re-released version of this. I think it's great as a bronzer. I usually use Guerlain in #3 for the summer. I like my bronzers with a good punch of color, and this one is slightly lighter than the Guerlain, perfect for winter. It is the perfect blend of brown and pink. It looks as natural as a bronzer with strong color can and I think that's becaue of the dual colors and the slight shimmer. Definitely pick this up while you can!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 3:10:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

I love this! Cannot even stress how much i love it... ITS JUST SO BEAUTIFULLLLLL!
It's a gorgeous sort of rose brown colour. Makes me GLOW and OMG HG HG HG HGHG!
just get it like seriously, if you don't know whether to get it or not, JUST DO IT LOL. and if you don't like it just give it to me ;)
I love how its mineral as well =D
Love itttttt!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by shung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new found favorite bronzer! It's a rosy brownish color on my NC35 skin tone. It is not overly sparkling and gives me natural healthy color. Compare with Warmed, this is more rosy and natural, Warmed is more orange and summery. I think this one can be a good bronzer all year round.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by iamgrape1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I put yes for Rebuy, but honestly, I don't know. I love the color of So Ceylon when I swatched it on my hand, so tan and soft and glowy. However, on my NC 30 skin (NC 27 to be exact), it looks a little too orange. On people with darker complexion, this would've been perfection, just think LC's glow from the Hills. I promise I will find a way to make it work though, I'm sure this is a GORGEOUS e/s.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*PIC ATTACHED* So Ceylon is a new mac classic - the kind that you buy in multipe and STILL wait for the repromote. A quick warning before I continue - if you've not tried one of those before, be advised that these can break out sensitive skins.

So Ceylon is a must have color for anyone NC30 or higher. For those around the NC30ish range it provides a deep sultry flush and for those in the NC50ish family it provides an all over face glow. I use it on top of my (completey mattifying) powder foundation to bring a bit of life back to my face.

If you aren't sure if you want this...if you're on the fence....get it now, just in case. I've seen So Ceylon sell for as high as $60, it's THAT good. It's so much better to get it now and take it back in a month, then want it in a month and not be able to get it.

continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by treecatd

This review is for the re-realsed 2008 version of this MSF. I have several of the original and just got several of the new ones. I think the older version is more diverse as far as colors/swirls go. It has more copper and redish undertones.

The new ones are more universal and look more like dark cocoa powder, the cooking ingredient. This is very smooth, but it seems like the dome of this particular shade are a tiny bit smaller than the original & the other shades of MSFs. But as all products it's measured by weight-so you still get the same amount...I really enjoyed wearing this with the new permanent shade Soft and Gentle as i need this a little toned down (very fair skin) . It still gives the really nice look of natural sun but without the deep reddish & copper tones.

So imo- as much as i love the original -i do like this for my skin tone better & i wish they were both available ( for collectors..lol) Swatches are in my profile. HTHS

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I kept reading all the glowing reviews on this MSF and it just drove me nuts since I didn't have one. Then one day a couple of weeks ago, I said the heck with it and bid for one on eBay. At the end of bidding I realized that I had committed to spending a small fortune on SC and just kept my fingers crossed that it would be as awesome as everyone seemed to think it was.

I've tried a lot of bronzers, mostly MAC MSF's but also BE Warmth, Prescriptives, and Mary Kay (momentary lapse of reason on that one, since I can't stand MK products). My fave was Global Glow...well, let's just say that though I am still recovering from the financial shock of paying for SC, I absolutely adore this! SC is the most natural looking bronzer I have ever used by far. It gives a natural looking rosiness while still bronzing and contouring so beautifully. I can't even overdo this stuff, it's just perfect! Shooting Star is a tad dark on me except in the summer when I am tan, and I still have to be careful with that one. Global Glow is very nice but more golden than SC. SC is just unbelievable....really! I think it's the warm rose tone which is swirled into this which makes it look so natural and beautiful. It's unbelievable how it can bronze and contour while also brightening up my very golden skin.

Here's my list of favorite MSF's on my NC30 Eurasian skin with golden undertones:

As blush:

4. Gold Spill

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my most priced possessions. This is how much I love this:
I keep it in a secret container in my closet, still in its original box. LOL. Not only that, but due to the unfortunate fact that this is LE and I'll be darned if I were to pay Ebay prices for this, I only crack it open on special occassions only. You can laugh some more now.
It's the most perfect mix of shimmer, bronze, and pink all swirled together for a gorgeous glow. The closest thing I've seen to this is NARS Lovejoy but the texture does not even come close.
I like buffing this with a kabuki or a powder brush like MAC's 150 or 129. I use these because I have golden skintone and I need the brush to pick up a good amount of powder for this to look good.
I love it. HG but dam you MAC for not re-releasing this one but all the other crappy ones.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No