October 26, 2014 | 1013 users online

Top/Base Coats - Nailtek - Foundation II - Ridge-filling

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like some other girls I was wearing fake nails. But not tips, the full cover ones. I'd take those off, see ugly nails, put them on, take em off, etc My nails hardly had a day without them. I've been systematically ripping my nails off for almost three months, and finally I decided enough, I want my real nails back. They were paper thin, heat and cold sensitive, ragged edged, and had really thick spots where the nails weren't ripped off as much. So they were icky, and I couldn't let them go bare. I went out to get the OPI ridge filler, but they didn't have it and I saw this. I was confused at first because there were so many formulas with kind of vague descriptions on the box, but I bought this because it said out right "ridge filler" on the display. First coat did AMAZING things but because I didn't smooth the top at all with a buffer or file (too weak to even attempt it), I still had bits sticking up if you can visualize this lol. Two coats and they were smooth and practically even. You can still see that the tips, or whats left of them, are very thin and go downward, but they aren't horrendous. It dried matte and wasn't white, which is what I thought it'd be lol. I love this stuff. It's a life saver. It also kept my nail polish on for a week so far. That NEVER happens because I work so much with my hands. I absolutely recommend this. It's 12 bucks, but I feel it will last a long time and seriously, to me it's worth its weight in gold.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail!! I never would have tried this if it wasn't for MUA. It seemed overpriced, but I got a huge 2 oz. bottle online for $12. This is the best base coat I have ever used, and I've tried dozens. It dries VERY quickly, and leaves a lovely smooth, matte surface that doesn't even need any polish. I'm going to order more and give it away to my sisters and friends. I think I will try the entire Nailtek line now. LOVE this stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

This is a really great basecoat. I recently had fake nails removed which left me with peeling, thin, ridged nails. This smooths out all the ridges, drys matte and fast, making it a breeze to use as a basecoat. Polish just glides right over it, not to mention it makes the polish look so nice and smooth. It is fairly pricey, but worth it if you want a professional looking manicure. I do think this has helped to strengthen my nails as well. I will repurchase this when I run out.

UPDATE: While this helped to create a smooth base for polish (smoothing out ridges), it didn't help with peeling or flaking. The section of the nail where the the acrylics were has grown out and I still have flaking and peeling (which is not normal for my nails at all). Also I noticed after I remove the polish the nail is stained a little. Maybe I'm allergic to this stuff or it's drying my nails out? Either way I'm deducting a lippie. Also not long after I had been using this, the brush separated from the lid, which is rather annoying (although I didn't take this into account when rating this product).

The base coat is decent, but I have been experimenting with other nail treatments, and I really like Nail Life much much better, and therefore won't be repurchasing this treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Leslieno1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's as good as all the other reviewers say it is. Dries quickly, which speeds up manicure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by whoislain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! My nails peel like crazy, but when I have this base coat on, they don't peel at all. It also makes my nails grow really long (the nail bed is a lot longer.) It is almost too long for me (I don't really like feeling my nails scraping against the skin of my hand.)

Another good thing about it-it really cheap (like 2.50) on 8ty8beauty!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by annabelle

This is the best basecoat I have ever used! Forget OPI Nail Envy! Nailtek II Foundation is a basecoat and a nail strengthener in one!
I won't repeat what everyone as said below. I am simply inlove with this product. My nails are so protected and they now grow very quickly because of the proteins in this basecoat. Another advantage is that is dries in seconds which cuts a manicure time by half.
I use this with every manicure and my nails have vastly improved! I have peeling nails, and this somehow seals them,, keeping the peels binded together.
I recommend Nailtek II Foundation to anyone who is looking for a multi-purpose product that will strengthen their nails as well as keep their polish intact.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Talula2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Before buying this stuff, I had to keep my nails short because they would peel and break very easily. I am really glad I listened to the good reviews here! My nails have made a complete 180 ever since I've been using this base coat for my manicures. I can actually grow my nails out, and I've even had to cut them for being too long - not because of peeling as I've done in the past. Foundation II also makes my manicure last at least 5 days, which is a long time for me! I will definitely repurchase this product, and I recommended it to anyone with peeling, weak, thin nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by JenE143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All I can say is WOW! I have found my HG basecoat! This has been AMAZING for keeping my polish from chipping and wearing at the tips. Never before have I been able to go an entire week with NO touchups! I have had no peeling or breakage on my nails either. Got it for a great price online and will always keep this on hand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thanks guys for the tip, I wouldn't have found this little gem otherwise. It does exactly what it claims, and drys to a matte finish in a blink. I grabbed the last one at my local Ulta.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Lifetime sufferer of thin, weak, fragile, peeling, splitting nails here. This product, combined with taking Biotin and lots of fish oil, really made a difference. I have long nails now -- really. So long, I am having trouble keyboarding.