December 21, 2014 | 1787 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by aLiiU10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like using Cover Girl's professional loose powder! My t-zone gets oily during the day, and when i use this, my t-zone is waay less oilier. :D
The only thing i don't like is that if u accidently sweep it off your face with your hand, it comes right off... but its powder so i guess that's just how it works?
What i dislike is the packaging!! The lid can easily come off, so be verry careful! I wouldn't recommend using the puff with it, but keep it in the jar/box thingy, cause it gets really messy without it...
i would really recommend this for people who have oily skin (:

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Bubblemonkey34

I love, love, LOVE this powder. It keeps the face matte, and controls oily & shiny skin. Its translucent and not cakey! Do not use the puff that comes with it, use the fluffy(est) brush you have. I like to use my eco-tools powder brush, it works great. I just dislike the packaging, not good for in your purse since I dont have the puff inside. But overall, the product inside is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by wolfiemistress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so here's the deal on this powder. As far as cheap makeup goes, it's really amazing. I find that when using this, it never makes me look cakey. Although it comes with a powder puff, I really wouldn't recommend using it, instead apply with a makeup brush.
The only issue with this is that since it's powder, it's a bit messy if you're not careful. The packaging isn't all that great either, because the lid can come off easily at the worse times if you're not careful. So keep it in a compact compartment of your purse/makeup bag to avoid any spills.
I would definitely recommend this to people with oily skin, because it helps with shine better than any compact. It also doesn't clog pores, so that's a plus.
Overall, this is a really great product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ariana76

i love this powder! i'm shocked to see so many people complaining about the smell, i think its quite nice actually. it smells very clean to me. anyway, i love that its so light and gives off a slight shimmer that isn't noticeable, but still leaves your skin glowing. the only con is that you need to apply VERY sparingly, because it could leave you looking a bit cakey. i feel this is a little hard because the filter tends to give off quite a lot of powder and the little fluff isn't any help. that's why i find its easier to apply with your own brush.i think the mac 134 is best for this job and works great for me. overall a great product and i would definitely repurchase!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by BabySparksmac

I really like this and i don't mind the smell its kinda nice it was the same scent as the OLD clean makeup which had noxema in it so i'm thinking thats where the scent comes from. It does have shimmer in it but i'm very particular about shimmer and i can't see any noticeable shimmer on my face. It gives a really nice finish to my foundation and I usually use it as an all over powder as my "foundation" and i really enjoy it. Its a bit messy so i recommend it if your okay with loose power and if you can stand the smell of like baby powder and flowers combined.....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by edelweiss7579

This does have a really strange odor. Its kind of indescribable. I've been using this since the beginning of high school (probably for about 7-ish years?) because my mom used it. I like it. I use it as a setting powder and I think it does the job well. I've never tried any other loose powder yet but I'm considering trying the E.L.F. high definition powder because it is said to the the Makeup Forever dupe. My sister used to use this and she didn't like because she said it felt heavy. I don't feel that way...I still use it almost everyday actually. I will most likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by munchkintreat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loving this loose powder, I've been searching for a good loose powder since spring is coming and I can't afford to have heavy liquid on my face. Mine is in the shade translucent sable there don't seem to be many reviews on this shade for some reason. Yes the packaging is horrid and I can tell the lid will eventually break and the sifter needs work but I'm willing to work with it, also this color for some reason has shimmers in it that surprised me because I was expecting it to be matte for a product claiming to give a natural finish. Lastly, for others that are complaining of a medicine like smell, they must not read packaging because it plainly says that it has Noxzema ingredients. All in all, I love this stuff and makes my skin look wonderful. Go try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Andreapadillaca

Love this powder i use it after my clinique superbalanced, and it give me a really natural finish!! the combination its perfect, im so happy because after 10 years trying to find something that i like.. i finally did it! i didnt know that CG ill give me this final touch.. PERFECT! love it, and i lov the smell!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by aishahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fine and does the job. Smells like baby powder though. When used over my liquid foundation (or tined moisturizer on the good days) gives a nice matte finish. The smell surpasses after application. Powder puff included. I prefer this to pressed powders.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

This is a really smelly powder. I wish CG would re-vamp it like they did their other products (keep it the same just take out the smell). I do think though that the smell eventually fades and everything's fine. It's a fantastic setting powder but it still has a pink undertone. I have since switched setting powders (to WNW's finishing veil).