August 22, 2014 | 1174 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Leanne77

After reading some reviews on the Milk and Honey Lotion, I became very keen to purchase a bottle. Went to the shop, tried on the lotion. Texture was ok, initially felt a little bit sticky but after a while felt just nice. You just need to squeeze a little bit as too much will leave you feeling very sticky. Absorbs quickly and leaves the skin feeling well moisturised. I however disliked the smell instantly. Tried on the Aloe and Butter milk as well and found it rather pleasant so left the shop with the Aloe and Buttermilk instead. Going home, was thinking to myself why some reviewers loved and rave about the Milk and Honey Lotion's scent. So smelt both my arms, left arm which I applied the Milk and Honey Lotion and the right, the Aloe and Buttermilk. Constantly keep smelling them and found out why some reviewers loved the scent. After a while, the Milk and Honey started smelling so good that I constantly kept smelling my left arm every few minutes. As for the Aloe and Buttermilk, the scent was nice but rather sweet smelling. The scent of the Milk and Honey lasted longer and smelt much better. After 4 hours, the smell was as strong as ever. Smells a little bit like vanilla and coconut mixed toqether. This morning went back to the store with the unopened Aloe and Buttermilk and exchanged it for the Milk and Honey. Now I know why many reviewers rave about the smell. For those who dislike it upon application, do give it about half an hour before smelling it again. You may change your mind!! Just love the texture and the smell of the Milk and Honey. Will definitely repurchase this lotion!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by littlejenwu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the idea of Burt's Bees, and salute them for taking a mostly natural approach to their products, as well as being very open about their ingredients.

I wasn't really sold on this product however. It was quite a watery lotion, and not very moisturizing. My skin felt as if nothing was applied even after I massaged a generous amount onto it (dry patches remained just as dry).

Also, I really wish they wouldn't use Sodium Borate as on of their ingredients- it's on the EWG (environmental working group)'s top harmful ingredients, and is much more toxic than parabens or pthalates.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

I first received a small bottle part of a gift pack. I later purchased full sized bottle and realized they smell differently. The 1st bottle was weird.. it doesn't smell like milk or honey, but rather a little minty scent. I always wondered if it gone bad. The full size bottle smells much more "normal". A lightly scented lotion which I like, despite of all the bad comments below. I really don't mind if Burt's Bees quit putting fragrances in their products. I will like it even more.

Off onto the lotion. It has a light, runny consistency that I find acceptable. Contrary to other reviewers it's not that runny. It absorbs quickly and leaving my skin soft to the touch w/ no greasy feeling afterward (men will find this great). If you have very dry skin this may not be moisturizing enough for you. But it works great for me in dry and cold Canadian winter. I shave my legs almost daily in the summer, leaving my thighs dry and itchy (even if I re-apply lotion). At night, I have a bad habit of scratching my itchy legs and to find marks the next morning =(. After apply this milk & honey lotion, I never find my thighs itchy anymore.

a month ago I ran out of night cream, and i can't use my day time lotions because they have sunscreen in it. So i put this lotion on my face and neck. My face felt very soft and supple! I've combo skin and T zone tends to break out. But after using this as a night cream ever since never gave me a pimple!

I don't like the design of the bottle. The cap opening is small and the bottle is rigid (hard to squeeze). So i end up untwisting the cap when i use it.

This is an expensive body lotion, $13 (on sale) @ 236 ml! But it'll be a very cheap night cream alternative. I will definitely repurchase.. but will try to find cheap deals on ebay.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by audiolovely

It smells nice, but the formula is too watery and isn't moisturizing enough

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by nicole1484

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry, ezcema prone skin and I thought for sure this lotion would be great as my derm. has prescribed me to use whole milk on my skin before and we all know how great honey is.

However this lotion is super runny & watery and I didn't find it to be very moisterizing, definitely not enough for dry skin. It didn't smell like anything special, but if it would of done it's job I could of cared less.

Didn't/wouldn't repurchase, didn't finish the bottle that I had.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by janetrachel75

As with most Burt's Bees products, I really wanted to like this lotion. The scent smelled like bad suntan oil. The consistency of the lotion was thin and watery. It really didn't seem to moisturize that well. Would not buy again....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a rather generous sample size of this in the grab bag as a birthday gift. The first time I used it I was a bit put off by the smell but after awhile I got used to it and this became a pleasure to apply :). It isn't greasy like a lot of other lotions I use and I actually like the runny consistency. I like the fact that its a lot more natural than the other lotions I use and that it's paraben-free. Will probably purchase a full-size bottle after I run out of my other lotion ^^.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not my favorite, but not the worst out there either. The smell is off putting to me. It smells of wet brown paper towels, the kind in the elementary school bathroom, and curdled milk. Neither are smells I enjoy. The consistancy is very runny, and it pours out of the bottle like water, which can lead to using way more product than you anticipated, as it's hard to get back in the bottle. It's greasy and absorbs very slowly. That being said, it does a bang up job moisturizing, it feels like silk when it's on, and most people don't find the odor as offensive as I do. I wouldn't go out of my way to but it, but when I get it as a gift, which I do a few times a year, I'm happy to use it.

edited; it took me a while to figure it out, but when I was walking in the sun and the smell of the lotion on my skin was strong, I realized it smells like playdoh. That's the smell!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by winky_winky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cream but it leaves an awful acrid, strong smell on my skin.

It absorbs quickly and moisturises really well but i thing it doesnīt blend well with my skin ph because i notice an horrible smell, which people around me donīt: in fact, they say I smell heavenly!!

Wonīt buy again I am afraid...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by lovelyhead318

I am in love with the lotion! The smell is yummy, and it is a light but very mosturizing lotion. I use it all over- my body and face, and keeps me smelling good and feeling smooth. The price is wonderful and it lasts quite sometime. My favorite product from burts bees by far.