Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

on 12/12/2010 9:30:00 PM

The smell of this is intoxicating, just way too strong. It has this really sweet smell to it, that I think if were toned down a lot would be okay. Right now it just smells like artificial coconut cake and chemicals. And I can smell it really strong after applying it on my arm. This also does a so-so job at moisturizing, and I think it is to do with the thin, runny texture of the lotion. Overall, I'm not pleased with it - it smells rancid/does not moisturize well. I'm glad I only have the mini version I got in the Burt's Essential Body Kit.

EDIT: Okay I'm bumping this up to 3/5 instead of 1/5. The smell isn't so bad/fades after a while, and it certainly smells better than the radiance body lotion that I tried recently. However, I don't think I will repurchase, since there's better lotions out there.

on 12/4/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is for the new version the tube. I have had the bottle version and LOVED it, the smell was awesome. BUT! I bought the new version yesterday and ye gods! It smells so disgusting. When I sniffed it in the bottle it was ok but on me it's a disgusting fakey sweet smell. I thought it had gone rancid or something.

Smell aside, its very moisturizing. I will buy again but not in this scent. I think probably unscented, although the aloe one might be good too. I wish I hadn't thrown away my receipt, I'd exchange it for one of those. Thankfully, the smell does fade.

ETA: I was going to return this until I read the reviews for the other "scents" and read they stink too. So I kept using it, because it is moisturizing, and I'm used to the smell now. So if you keep using it, it probably won't bother you anymore. I'm pretty sensitive to smell. I don't know if I would buy again though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This lotion smells terrible. It is really moisturizing, and it doesn't smell so bad in the tube, but as soon as I rubbed it into my hands I couldn't take the smell. I had to put a scented hand sanitizer on my hands to cover the reeking smell. But, on the bright side, the terrible stench of the lotion kept my hands away from my face, which I usually can't do. I will use it until it's gone, but I will not buy it again. Unless they change the formula so that the smell isn't so sickening.

on 11/10/2010 7:08:00 PM

I love this lotion! It absorbs quickly, goes on smoothly, moisturizes for a very long time! I never need to reapply, even on my very dry legs!! Yes this is now different than the original. The smell is a little different, but it is still wonderful. I found the original to be a little greasy, this one isn't! Plus, it is more natural than the original!!

on 10/27/2010 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I had to make a listing for this product because the one that is on here already is an older version. I have used it (the older one) and agree with the reviews that note that is it kind of runny and generally unimpressive. There is clearly a new version with a better formula, though, the one that says "naturally nourishing". It is thick and creamy rather than runny. The smell is pleasant and clean, a bit strong at first but fades quickly enough to a light, pleasant odor. Would repurchase. Love Burt's Bees!

on 10/23/2010 6:40:00 AM

My first bottle of this was wonderful and when i ran out, i missed everything about it. The scent was warm and comforting, the moisturising effect was better than anything i had ever used. Now, being prone to very dry patches on my arms, i was always looking for the HG body lotion. I have spent a fortune and well, not so much on many other products over the years and this fitted the bill in more ways than one. As i live in a town that doesn't sell Burt's Bees, i just put off buying it. The other day, i bought a bottle online and sadly, i have to agree with some of the other ladies. This is a new bottle from a fresh batch, so the new formula is actually thinner than it used to be and yes, there is something minty lurking in the background and for those of you who used play doh as a child, you may want to think on that one when inhaling the 'milk and honey'! It used to sink right in but now it seems to sit on top of the skin a little, leaving a bit of a 'film'.
Having used it for a couple of days now, i can honestly say it still works extremely well. I have had to take off two marks for the minty play doh scent but hey, i think i might just get used to it!

on 9/26/2010 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

Mediocre results, not the best but it goes on easily and doesn't leave a residue feeling.

on 9/19/2010 10:31:00 PM

I had the kind in a bottle, and it was WONDERFUL. The smell alone was enough to keep me satisfied, it was so warm and comforting and lingered forever.

However, when I ran out, I went to get some more and they put it in a tube. Now, I don't know if they reformulated it or something, but the scent is not the same at all. There's a weird pepperminty smell covering the milk and honey, and the scent is absolutely GONE within the hour. This makes me so sad, as the original scent had special meaning and comfort to me. :-(

The actual moisturizing properties haven't changed, though- it's still a lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer, which is exactly what I need, because my skin on my body is normal and doesn't exactly need moisturization. :-)

The different scent saddens me though :-(

on 8/30/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This wonderful, lightweight body lotion is ideal for the summer months as it sinks into the skin instantly. The scent of the lotion is absolutely divine and despite being lightweight, it does provide lasting moisture and nourishment. The ingredients, which are 98.3% natural, include an array of beneficial plant oils (sunflower seed, coconut and canola) as well as honey and beeswax to moisturise your skin the natural way. As with all Burt's Bees products, the price is very reasonable considering the quality of the ingredients. The only issue that I have with this lotion is that it does not provide enough moisture during the winter, when I revert to using Burt's Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey and Shea Body Butter, which smells even more fabulous!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this lotion this past Summer. It's more of a lightweight lotion which is what I need in the hot summer months because I tend to sweat alot after being out in the hot southern sun in just a few mins. I used this mostly at night before bed and in the morning. It's not super moisturizing but it is paraben free,pthalate free, 98.25% natural and the bottle is made of HDPE #2 that is also 90% post-conumer recycled and can be added to your recycle bin