Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate SE, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, sorbitan stearate, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, squalane, sodium PCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, polysorbate 20, extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed, arnica montana flower, anacyclus pyrethrum root and camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extracts, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

on 8/13/2007 3:59:00 PM

very nice cream, moisturizes enough, absorbs quickly and does not break me out

on 8/5/2007 6:43:00 AM

This is a good cream but it does feel a little greasy when on. I personally won't purchase again but simply because I have found a cream I like better.

on 5/22/2007 6:32:00 PM

i've had great luck with this and use it on my normal to dry skin day and night. the packaging sucks but it goes a long way - i took a tiny sephora sample-sized bit on a 10 day trip and it's still more than half full. this might be too heavy for some in a hot summer (i live in sf) or with oily skin.

on 4/29/2007 9:31:00 AM

I wish I had read the reviews more closely before I bought this product. It has great ratings on this site, but most reviewers seem excited by the ingredients and their potential, rather than by actual results. It is a very rich cream, good for night or winter if you have dry/normal skin, but I didn't notice any "renewal" or other positive results. I do appreciate the vegetarian ingredients and no animal testing policy, and unlike some other reviewers, I actually really like the smell: very fresh, clean and natural.

on 1/25/2007 11:50:00 PM

I was so excited to use this product, based on the hype here, but it did NOTHING for me. First of all, other reviewers are right in saying that the fragrance, and I use that word loosely, is akin to something an old man might wear as an aftershave. It is unnecessarily heavy and too intense to be put anywhere near the face. Second, the product touts DMAE and antioxidants as being beneficial to the skin and might even make undereye circles disappear. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I think my dark circles got WORSE after using this product, and it didn't do much in the way of diminishing any little fine lines I have. I think this product made my circles worse because I had an allergic reaction to whatever fragrances they put in this stuff. Be warned, guys, it's incredibly strong. Overall, this has some nice ingredients in it that would cost 10 times more if it were a department store brand, but really, who cares if it doesn't even work?

on 1/14/2007 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is great moisturizer. I originally found it while reading reviews on drugstore.com and was a bit wary since it was recommended for dry maturing skin and i'm still in my 20's. However my skin is always dry, peeling and tight feeling. I used to use Philosophy Hope in a Jar, and that worked for a few years but then it stopped and would jsut kinda of sit on my face. I found I'd have to use more and the more I used the worse my skin looked.

I decided to try to find some simpler less pharmaseutical products and i couldn't be happier with Alba! This moisturizer is rich and absorbs right away - it smells clean and fresh too!

on 10/18/2006 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this is my HG night cream. it used to be cheaper i think but still a good deal. a little goes a long way but i need quite a bit. i love the light scent and don't find it strong. it's made a huge difference for me, made mt dry skin hydrated but also clearer... but everyone has a different experience..

on 10/8/2006 9:15:00 AM

I got this at TJ Maxx for $6. I thought that, for the price and the ingredients (DMAE, Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid), it was an excellent bargain. I don't understand all the comments about the smell--I've never noticed the smell at all! While this cream is a little heavy, it's perfect for me as I'm a little dry right now due to the Retin A I've begun using. This product has kept my skin smooth, moisturized and I've had no breakout or reaction. My only "negative" is that it doesn't have an SPF 15 so it's really only suitable for a night cream unless you want to you sunscreen in addition during the day. I really like this product!

I bought this because I'd heard good things about it, and I like other products from Alba Botanica's sea line. This has a really nice texture, and I like the smell, which I find rather light. I don't really understand all the reviews stating that it has a really strong scent. The ingredients list is impressive. Unfortunately I had to return mine because I have combo/oily skin, and while I really wanted to keep using this, it just made me feel greasy and look shiny. However, I do think this is a great cream and I'd recommend it for normal to dry skin types. It is expensive (I paid almost $16 for it), but since it's so rich, you only need a little bit for each application, and the tub will most likely last quite awhile.

on 8/30/2006 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fairly average moisturizer with some certified organic ingredients. It moisturizes nicely, but I don't really care for the smell. I'm not going to repurchase because there's so much stuff out there and it's fun to try new things!