October 1, 2014 | 2116 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by avalon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to use this product, based on the hype here, but it did NOTHING for me. First of all, other reviewers are right in saying that the fragrance, and I use that word loosely, is akin to something an old man might wear as an aftershave. It is unnecessarily heavy and too intense to be put anywhere near the face. Second, the product touts DMAE and antioxidants as being beneficial to the skin and might even make undereye circles disappear. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I think my dark circles got WORSE after using this product, and it didn't do much in the way of diminishing any little fine lines I have. I think this product made my circles worse because I had an allergic reaction to whatever fragrances they put in this stuff. Be warned, guys, it's incredibly strong. Overall, this has some nice ingredients in it that would cost 10 times more if it were a department store brand, but really, who cares if it doesn't even work?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Malsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is great moisturizer. I originally found it while reading reviews on drugstore.com and was a bit wary since it was recommended for dry maturing skin and i'm still in my 20's. However my skin is always dry, peeling and tight feeling. I used to use Philosophy Hope in a Jar, and that worked for a few years but then it stopped and would jsut kinda of sit on my face. I found I'd have to use more and the more I used the worse my skin looked.

I decided to try to find some simpler less pharmaseutical products and i couldn't be happier with Alba! This moisturizer is rich and absorbs right away - it smells clean and fresh too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 5:24:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is my HG night cream. it used to be cheaper i think but still a good deal. a little goes a long way but i need quite a bit. i love the light scent and don't find it strong. it's made a huge difference for me, made mt dry skin hydrated but also clearer... but everyone has a different experience..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2006 9:15:00 AM More reviews by JChahboune

I got this at TJ Maxx for $6. I thought that, for the price and the ingredients (DMAE, Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid), it was an excellent bargain. I don't understand all the comments about the smell--I've never noticed the smell at all! While this cream is a little heavy, it's perfect for me as I'm a little dry right now due to the Retin A I've begun using. This product has kept my skin smooth, moisturized and I've had no breakout or reaction. My only "negative" is that it doesn't have an SPF 15 so it's really only suitable for a night cream unless you want to you sunscreen in addition during the day. I really like this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ChaosAndCandy

I bought this because I'd heard good things about it, and I like other products from Alba Botanica's sea line. This has a really nice texture, and I like the smell, which I find rather light. I don't really understand all the reviews stating that it has a really strong scent. The ingredients list is impressive. Unfortunately I had to return mine because I have combo/oily skin, and while I really wanted to keep using this, it just made me feel greasy and look shiny. However, I do think this is a great cream and I'd recommend it for normal to dry skin types. It is expensive (I paid almost $16 for it), but since it's so rich, you only need a little bit for each application, and the tub will most likely last quite awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2006 11:20:00 AM More reviews by JMJM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly average moisturizer with some certified organic ingredients. It moisturizes nicely, but I don't really care for the smell. I'm not going to repurchase because there's so much stuff out there and it's fun to try new things!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't use a moisturizer at night, but when my skin was a bit dry this past winter, I liked to use this cream. The texture of the cream is very nice, and it absorbs very well. It leaves my face smooth, velvety, and fresh. I don't mind the sea scent, and it works as a nice follow-up to the sea scrub. No breakouts either. For the quality of the ingredients, I think this is reasonably priced and I like that I can easily get it at Whole Foods.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by luvyababygirl

After reading all the positive reviews of this product I was very excited to try it. I wasn't wild about it having a fragrance (as I have very sensitive skin), but I figured it was atleast worth a try. Well, aside from the smell (which smelled like cheap lotion to me), it simply didn't work for me and began irritating my skin and breaking me out. I aslo don't understand why a company that uses so many natural ingredients includes an artificial fragrance in their products. Anyway- will def not purchase again. I would highly reccomend you sample this before using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2006 6:52:00 AM More reviews by sanguine2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is fast becoming a skin care staple for me. My seborrheic dermatitis-prone skin (greasy, scaly, clogged pores) responds to very few products and is aggravated by most. For some unknown reason I quit using this product a few years ago and repurchased it recently when I needed something to buffer Ystheal gel. It calms my skin and may even help clear pores. It's hard to tell since I'm using Ystheal in conjuction with it. There are several good reviews on drugstore.com from acne-prones, so it's possible that they're both helping. The natural fragrance is a bonus; it's so relaxing!

Update: *sigh* I've developed a sensitivity to something(s) in it, probably the algae and/or lavender, both of which are highly suspect where my skin is concerned. When I stopped using it my skin didn't look as nice anymore! My pores aren't as clear. It really was helping control acne and black/whiteheads. I'm so sorry I had to give this up. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by angelmamma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am totally in love with the whole "sea" line that Alba has. I have dry sensitive skin and i decided to make the move to more natural products and the Alba line (everything in the green containers) coupled with a switch to MMU has done wonders for my skin! The sea plus renewal cream is perfect for my hyperpigmented 32 year old skin. I use it both in the a.m. and p.m. and it's a great base for my MMU. This product is very thick so "a little dab il' do ya" for sure but for the first time in my 32 years, my cheeks are the same color as the rest of my face. I also love the scrub, toner and clensing milk in this line and I think it's safe to say they are all my HG!