Stila Poppy Convertible Color

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)

on 5/26/2006 6:40:00 AM

poppy is the brightest deep cool red blush! it comes packaged in stilas usual pretty CC compact with a mirror inside. i have to be very careful with this color as it is easy to overdo it -- too much and i look like ive smeared clown paint on my cheeks. i dab my pointer and middle finger once, and then tap them gently into my cheeks before i start blending, and i get the most rosy flush. another plus is that unlike other CCs, this one has a gel-like consistency, as opposed to being creamy. because of this, it shows up translucent (again, like i said, when im not klutzy with the application!), and is easier to wear on the lips. also, unlike other gel blushes ive tried, this isnt sticky at all. all in all a great product.

on 4/17/2006 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This colour looks quite scary in the case, but once applied gives the most beautiful, 1950's-esque flush! A little goes a long way and it blends in so beautifully on bare skin or with a liquid foundation. I find it best to apply it before using a powder.

on 3/18/2006 2:22:00 PM

Lovely bright cherry red, it lasts well on me, like other CC's. I use the MAC 187 brush with this so that i get just the smallest hint of its color on the apples of my cheeks, really brightens my face without looking too artificial. Not sticky on me, but I do have dry-normal skin and I use only a very little bit.

on 10/17/2005 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I went into buy the Magnolia CC and came out with this. I was feeling ill and looking extremely pale, and when I saw Poppy, thought this might be the one to inject a bit of life back into my cheeks. How right I was! It`s a very dense cranberry red, and I am v.v.pale with slightly red undertones, but a very light wash of this gives beautiful flushed cheeks. The real clincher, however, was how it looked on my lips. I have a fairly small mouth, and usually shy away from strong colours, but this is beautiful. It makes my lips look fuller, my teeth whiter, and really suited my skin tone. Try this blusher!

on 10/14/2005 11:06:00 PM

I am not a fan of Stila but I read in Lucky magazine, September issue how Stila's Lip Pot in Cerise could give a nice 'sucking on raspberry' look for lips. I have been a MAC fan, so I thought I could get MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF15 in a color which is close. I couldn't get anything close to it. So I drop by Stila's counter, browse through and came across Convertible Color. Being a sucker for buying the best value for money product, the CC is more expensive than the Lip Pot but it has more, double up as a blusher, Poppy is close to Cerise and love the cute packaging with a nice mirror. I bought the CC in Poppy.

I used it on my cheeks and it gave me a nice flush! It did not cause any breakout eventhough I have combination, sensitive skin. Love the color on my lips too but it can be drying. I use either clear lip balm below or a clear gloss on top! Can't stop using it. Browsing Stila's site for more colors to try!

on 10/11/2005 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Absoloutly love this product.
I thought it would be too dark for my MAC NC20 skin, but it makes my cheeks look "flushed". I use it for daytime when I'm not wearing much makeup.
Does not clog pores either - bonus!

on 10/3/2005 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have several convertible colors and I really like them. They last all day (12+ hours), cause no breakouts, deeply pigmented and easy to apply. Probably one of the best creme blushes on the market. ( I also really love my Becca creme blushes). Poppy is a true deep red shade. ITs not too cool nor too warm but the perfect nuetral. Retails for $20 and you get a large compact full of color that will last forever. You only need a tiny bit. These dont look greasy either and none of the colors have any shimmer. Retails for $20 and is a fabulous product. Great with my NC30 complexion!

Poppy is the only CC that I have, and as other posters have mentioned, it's SUPER bright, but if you're careful how you use it, it looks great!

When I put it on, I use my pointer finger to dab one spot on each cheek and then blend like crazy! It's a very pretty flushed glow, and it doesn't look as "wet" as other products, like Tarte Cheek Stain. (I have Tarte Blushing Bride, which is a similar color, but a different consistency. It's easier to apply than CC, but it has a more dewey look. CC is more of a matte look.)

My other favorite is to mix it with lip gloss! I either start with clear DCT lip balm (it's in the little cream pot...you can usually find it at the Wal-Mart checkout line!) OR a very light lip gloss, like Stila lip gloss in Pink Shine (which is too light on its own), and then just dab some CC over it.

Especially when you already have it on as blush, it brings the look together to blend some in with your lippie!

One last note, it lasts FOREVER! I bought mine 4 years ago and have had to clean it several times, but I swear, it will never, ever run out.

on 8/20/2005 8:47:00 PM

This is perfect for the "snow white" look, particularly on my very pale complexion. I do have to be careful to blend well, and to make sure to get it in the right spot right away. Patting my fingers over the product lightly gives the perfect amount of color. Using this over lipbalm, followed with a gloss (mac's lip conditioner in aquamelon is my fave for this look) results in a gorgeous lip color that looks perfect with the cheek color, and lasts forever!! i LOVE this product, and can't wait to try another color!

on 8/4/2005 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

If this looks too scary, try Rose, but Poppy, on a PPP is really stunning! Very Snow White looking. On the lips it's a pretty red, if you have foundation or moisturizer on the cheeks first it can be sheered out for that beautiful healthy "walk in the cold" look. Don't swirl your finger in it, just lightly tap a finger on it and it's enough color. Great color!