September 30, 2014 | 1080 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Onyx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by deweydrop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OPI Black Onyx is a perfect cream black. It really does look like a black onyx stone on my nails! I highly reccommend a base coat with this...and even after I removed the polish, my nails were kinda 'grey' for a while. But hey - it's black polish...you run the risk! I think this is a very classy black color (no shimmer/glitter), and was found perfectly acceptable at my desk job. I got this for retail price on eBay...only place I could find it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 1:38:00 AM More reviews by gigglemommy

Excellent inky black creme, no shimmer at all. Opaque after 2 coats, what's not to like? excellent for layering. I'll buy this again and again :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

4 lippies mainly because it chipped fairly quickly, which normally doesn't happen with OPI, but it did with this color. Probably more noticeable b/c, after all, it's freaking black and easy to see chips. But i love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love OPI polishes in general anyway, but I loved this polish because it gave me great, streak-free, opaque coverage in one coat. This polish dried to an extremely glossy, deep black finish. There's no shimmer, just a creamy, long-lasting, chip-free polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2006 11:35:00 PM More reviews by randiu

Black Onyx is a shiny, pure black creme polish. Much like a black onyx stone! :P Two coats were completely opaque, and streak free. It was easy to remove and didn't stain my nails (I did use a ridgefilling basecoat for extra protection). I only wore it for one day though. I didn't get tip wear, but I needed a change.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 3:09:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love. Jet pure black with colour so solid you actually only need 1 coat. The best part is the finish which is high gloss - looks like new car paint! Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 11:46:00 AM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LURVE this basic black nail polish, I wish they kept this one as part of their basic OPI collection. This is a wonderful basic black, it looks so classy with a glitter topcoat. This reminds me of when I was a teen, I would only wear black polish. Too bad it was Wet And Wild brand so it would chip within an hour of applying it. Anyways, this reminds me of my teenage-dom but better quality in OPI form. I <3 this polish, and I would recommend this to anybody!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2006 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Hachi

I have been looking for a good black nail polish for a long time, and finally the search is over. This goes on very smooth with no streak. With two coats, you can achieve the black, opaque color. However, this chips quite easily, and you'll definitely need a top coat, because it doesn't stay shiny for long. I'd repurchase if I ran out of it, but I really doubt it, because I don't use it very often.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2005 9:44:00 PM More reviews by princesss

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this for a black polish. I don't use it very often but when I do use it I find that it looks very nice and shiny. The only complaint is that it takes forever to dry and tends to smudge as a result. I would not buy again purely because it will take me forever to use up this bottle. If you are looking for a super shiny, strictly black nailpolish this is it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2005 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Geekgurl1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I'm impressed! It is a lovely, opaque black, which reaches full colour even with one coat. I wasn't sure about this colour, as I thought I might look a bit goth, which really isn't my style. But it looks equally good with a black business suit. Kind of Chanel "Rouge Noir" (Vamp) but deeper. Very classy.