OPI Black Onyx

4.1

on 12/15/2006 9:52:00 PM

Black Onyx is a rich true black: no grey tones (even with the first coat), and no shimmer. I like this shade alot though I wish mine didn't come the "pro-wide brush" because it was harder to control application. Two coats were completely opaque, and streak free. I always add a iridescent or glitter topcoat instead of wearing this all by its lonesome. I'll have to work my way up to that. LOL! Overall, easy application, excellent wear but nothing special as far as black polishes go.

on 11/26/2006 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this black. It is a very solid black, no shimmer or undertones, which is exactly what I want from a black nailpolish. I use 2 coats to get it completely opaque & it stays glossy for the first day or so before fading into a matte black (which I still really like). This stuff does chip within 2 days or so, but I'll admit that I dont apply a base coat or top coat. I dont really mind the chipping though, because I like the way chipped nails look! It also has very long staying power, probably lasting 3+ weeks if I could only stop picking at my nails!

on 11/7/2006 2:37:00 PM

OPI Black Onyx is a perfect cream black. It really does look like a black onyx stone on my nails! I highly reccommend a base coat with this...and even after I removed the polish, my nails were kinda 'grey' for a while. But hey - it's black polish...you run the risk! I think this is a very classy black color (no shimmer/glitter), and was found perfectly acceptable at my desk job. I got this for retail price on eBay...only place I could find it.

on 10/7/2006 1:38:00 AM

Excellent inky black creme, no shimmer at all. Opaque after 2 coats, what's not to like? excellent for layering. I'll buy this again and again :)

on 9/16/2006 8:24:00 PM

4 lippies mainly because it chipped fairly quickly, which normally doesn't happen with OPI, but it did with this color. Probably more noticeable b/c, after all, it's freaking black and easy to see chips. But i love it.

on 9/12/2006 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love OPI polishes in general anyway, but I loved this polish because it gave me great, streak-free, opaque coverage in one coat. This polish dried to an extremely glossy, deep black finish. There's no shimmer, just a creamy, long-lasting, chip-free polish.

on 6/13/2006 11:35:00 PM

Black Onyx is a shiny, pure black creme polish. Much like a black onyx stone! :P Two coats were completely opaque, and streak free. It was easy to remove and didn't stain my nails (I did use a ridgefilling basecoat for extra protection). I only wore it for one day though. I didn't get tip wear, but I needed a change.

on 5/22/2006 3:09:00 AM

Love love love. Jet pure black with colour so solid you actually only need 1 coat. The best part is the finish which is high gloss - looks like new car paint! Perfect.

on 4/13/2006 11:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I LURVE this basic black nail polish, I wish they kept this one as part of their basic OPI collection. This is a wonderful basic black, it looks so classy with a glitter topcoat. This reminds me of when I was a teen, I would only wear black polish. Too bad it was Wet And Wild brand so it would chip within an hour of applying it. Anyways, this reminds me of my teenage-dom but better quality in OPI form. I <3 this polish, and I would recommend this to anybody!

on 3/24/2006 11:24:00 PM

I have been looking for a good black nail polish for a long time, and finally the search is over. This goes on very smooth with no streak. With two coats, you can achieve the black, opaque color. However, this chips quite easily, and you'll definitely need a top coat, because it doesn't stay shiny for long. I'd repurchase if I ran out of it, but I really doubt it, because I don't use it very often.

Popular Polishes