July 29, 2014 | 892 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Basic Instinct

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2004 9:44:00 PM More reviews by tooextreme4you

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this fragrance on one side and a lip gloss on the other as a present for my birthday. BI reminds me of something that my mum would wear, and that's kinda bad. Maybe I'll get used to it one day, but maybe not. Needless to say, I like the lip gloss better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2004 6:51:00 PM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was out malling w/my daughter yesterday & decided to browse through VS. Among the ridiculously overpriced slips, thongs, & titslings, I happened upon Basic Instinct & decided to try it. To my surprise, I really liked it. AT FIRST. After about 15 minutes it turned into grotsky old lady musk, reminiscent of TABU or Wal-Mart's Designer Impostor Giorgio or something like that. I went home with a headache & an intense desire to boil my wrist.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2004 8:00:00 AM More reviews by FrenchPineAppleBird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent remindes me of one thing, the smell of dirty underwear. If my boyfriend thought this smell was "hot" I would go out and find a new one on principle. I enjoy deep scents, but the musk in this makes me want to wash myself for days. What on earth was VS thinking this time!!! Yes... lets make a perfume that smells like a womans sexual organ that has been left out for days. EWWWWWWWW

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sweetangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

very pretty bottle, but I love this, I dont know why all the bad reviews. I think this smells nice. kindof like the old posion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2004 3:22:00 AM More reviews by glitterpanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to work for VS and I quit (yes, QUIT. wasn't fired. was actually BEGGED to stay. this fragrance really is awful, I'm not being biased) after they launched this fragrance. I agree with all of the negative reviews. it smells so awful. the wine smell is interesting but the combination with the other smells which are supposed to be apricot, liquid honey, and patchouli ends up smelling "cheap" as in vile, and offensive. the perfume itself is not cheap price wise. in fact it's the most expensive in the store. ugh. $32 for a half an ounce. I got one for free since I was an associate, but I really hate it. I hope I can sell it on ebay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2004 10:49:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I work as an associate for VS so I got the medium sized bottle free. This fragrance is very heavy and probably not something I would wear-usually I like lighter floral fragrance. This one reminds me of a fragrance older women would like-it's very mature. Beautiful packaging, however, and if you like heavy musk scents, you would like this fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2004 4:59:00 PM More reviews by TinaV

I'm surprised that so many people hate it. I really love it! It is strong and it is more of a night fragrance (wouldn't really recommend for daytime wear, but it does smell good). The drydown is wonderful. The ingredients are all good; great overall mix. I love, love, love this scent. Pricey-yes. But I would like to have a bottle for when I go out. Very "sexy" fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2004 4:53:00 PM More reviews by crystalMAC

I'll let everyones elses comments describes this scent. All i can say is yuck! WHAT WAS VS thinking?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2004 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MyDogSophie

This is rancid. This has to be one of the worst things to ever come out of VS. It smells like the Passion perfume by Liz Taylor. If that perfume had a twin, this would be it. The salesgirl was trying to push it off on me and kept hounding me about the "new scent" and I told her how horrible it was you would have thought I said I wanted to kill her dog but spray this on it and your dog will want you to kill it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2004 1:55:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so i didnt buy this and I never will. I tested it, and didn't like it at first, and disliked it even more once the scent faded. Ugh, it smelled rotten and old and cheap. WHY? I had a coupon for a free gloss and mascara if I bought something from this line, and I couldn't bring myself to buy ANYTHING even to give as a gift. VERY disappointed.