December 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Treatments (Face) - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - TCA Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by sanitaberzina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

First of all, I would recommend 30% Adjustable Kit, as you can choose the strength you need. Start with the lowest for the first time.

If you order the kit, all you have to buy is:
- Distilled water
- Neosporin
- pipette/dropper (I use the one that came with Seche Vite thinner lol. I cleaned it of course.)

So now it's 7th day of my peel, my skin is very flaky. It's not as terrible that I can't go out of house though, just use moisturiser to mask the flakiness. I can't really see the full effect because I haven't finished peeling but I think it helps. And NO it's not a miracle cure, it's not like one peels will be all you need to have perfect skin. It's not *that* deep (at least at 15%). But slowly I am getting there. Just have to be careful not to overdo it, you have to give some time for the skin to recover and restore itself.
I looked decent and presentable on days 1-3 (did the peel in the evening (red face), but when I woke up the redness was gone), then the peeling starts.
Also, as for the peel itself, I would suggest not doing large areas at a time, full face is fine (well it stings a bit but you can do it!).I did my back (and it really helps btw) and applied it on a large area and it started to sting so much I thought I was going to pass out, lol. Then I neutralized and decided to never do such a large area at once.
Another thing. It might be just me but I find that neutralising with homemade solution (warm water + baking soda) is more painful than with the one that is available form MUAC (comes with the kit). So I save that one for my face.
Will update as my face peels completely. Feel free to message me, I will try to help.
ETA: My face has peeled but still a bit flaky on the forehead. The improvement is actually very serious and with a few more peels I think all of my red scars might vanish completely. Skin texture is also improved. My next peels will probably be in July, not possible to arrange it earlier. I think the most important thing is to be patient with your skin and not to do these peels too often. Also do whatever you can to avoid any new breakouts and new scarring. I am clear now and intend to stay clear.

I also highly recommend 8% BHA from MUAC. Good stuff. Very potent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

I purchased the 8% TCA peel from MUAC in an attempt to firm up my face and get rid of fine lines. I am biracial, and was afraid to use anything stronger because of my coloring. I used two layers on my forehead, and one layer on the rest of my face. I left it on for five min. It burned a little, but didn't peel at all. I tried it again two weeks later, this time layering three layers on my forehead, and one layer on the rest of my face. I immediately got 'frosting' around my eyes. I washed the eye area off after five min (it burned like hell). My undereyes and crows feet looked terrible for almost a week. I looked 80 years old (I am 39) with wrinkles and redness. After a week or so, I cannot believe the results. My undereye fine lines are GONE, and my crows feet have improved significantly!!! I am sooooo happy! Unfortunately, my forehead looks the same. I will need a higher strength peel for the forehead, obviously. I am a Retin-A user, so I am assuming that I have tough skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by ShyLilAngel917

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hi guys! I bought this peel a while back this year and let me tell you, this thing is a pain in the bum!
I’ll start with a description. I am East Asian and currently 17 years old. I have very oily skin (Give me 30 minutes to an hour after cleansing and you’ll see I’m covered in oil) My skin has large pores, is prone to scarring and hyper pigmentation, and is also extremely sensitive to stress, anxiety, and hormones. Due to my anxiety issues (I get panic attacks) and high stress levels my breakouts have been severe (nodular cystic acne. the kind where it hurts to wash your face or even shiver.) I had 4-5 cases of severe acne. Every time one subsided I thought my skin was ‘better’ but something always came up –sigh- Anyway…
That was two years ago. It took me two years to get in control of my acne. And let me tell you this. Before you undergo any type of cosmetic procedure in order to fix up the scars acne left you, make sure your acne is under control. (As much as possible. It’s best to have clear skin when you undergo these procedures.) After all, what’s the point of clearing up the scarring if your acne isn’t under control? If you’re prone to hyper pigmentation or scarring and you breakout after the procedure then It’d be all for nothing.
Alright. So I ordered this peel (TCA 12.5 %) during the winter. I did a patch test on my left cheek…and I barely peeled. Honestly, I was so scared I’d mess up so I used so little I didn’t peel much! Lol, so guys follow the directions. Apply it liberally but NOT to the point where your Q tip is dripping! And… I also broke out. (And I broke out really badly.) I peeled but it wasn’t noticeable to me. But my skin certainly did… I have oily skin so it makes sense that the dead skin piling up would clog my large pores.
So! Tip #1: If you have oily skin or are acne prone, ask your dermatologist to put you on a LOW DOSE antibiotic. Even if you get clogged pores during the peel, the antibiotic will kill bacteria from the inside out and prevent or at least help prevent the clogged pores from becoming inflamed. And if you don’t want to go on an antibiotic, use a topical antibiotic. But be careful. Topical antibiotics like Neosporin should not be overused. Doing so may build a resistance.
Alright.. so that was my test peel. And it scared my shitless. It’s been so long since I had that kind of acne I was scared it’d happen again. (And it left me with my left cheek scarred and covered with hyper pigmentation spots…ugh… now my entire face has dark marks. Wonderful.)
So a few months later its Spring. I did it one more time. This time I treated my entire face with one layer. But again I didn’t do it liberally enough. I broke out this time too, but it wasn’t as bad BECAUSE this time I put myself on antibiotics! (Prescribed by the Dermatologist. It’s called “Solodyn”) I didn’t see any improvement in my skin tone or anything. A peeled a little more than last time but still barely...
OK Tip#2: When you dip your Q-tip into the TCA bottle make sure it is a sterile Q tip (obviously) and just dip and take it back out. No need to wipe it on the sides of the opening, as long as it is not dripping its fine!
Alright so this is my third try. It’s summer time and I have two months off!! I did two layers on my entire face. The first 2 days were fine but then, I broke out. They are small papules and some comedones. Strange though, I broke out on my forehead and left cheek but my right cheek is fine. Completely clear there! (Thank the gods for it…I hope I can keep it up)
Anyway, the lesions are eventually going to clear up (yea...Eventually…) but I got so fed up with the break outs (cause it happened every time I did the peel!) I contacted MUAC. This is what they told me
“Thank you for your note. When you first begin using the peels your skin will begin to purge. During this time anything under the surface will emerge as a blemish. This typically subsides within the first 4-6 weeks of using the peels”
Alright, so this is like Tazorac or any other prescription retinoid! (That your skin may get worse before it would get better) But it just works a lot faster O_O I hope this purging is worth it...
I won’t give this a high rating just yet… If my skin clears up, I will make sure to update and change my reveiw! I’m crossing my fingers…I hope this will clear my scars up…
UPDATE (July 8 2010)
Okay this is the 7th day of my TCA peel and, like I said before, I broke out and the lesions haven't healed yet. However, I'll say that my overall skin tone is much more even. It's not as red as it used to be and my skin is very smooth (where there is no Acne)
I'll keep you guys updated.
UPDATE (7/9/10)
still peeling on my forehead...But man this SUCKS! I HATE PURGING! I have a total of 18 lesions right now! O_O (most were clogged pores but they became inflamed because I had such a stressful week...) I haven't had this much since my last severe breakout! Oh my GOD this purging BETTER be worth it! >_< I worked so hard to clear up my skin and this just had to happen...Anyway.. I'll try to update. I hope I have the guts to continue this...
UPDATE (7/11/10)
Well my skin is clearing up. I went out today and I applied foundation to cover up my discolorations. My right cheek (where I didnt get any acne) was so smooth! Foundation was a piece of cake!!! <3 (I need to focus on the positives or else I'll break out from all the stress build up. As you can see, I'm not the most patient person in the world...)
I can see that this purging may be worth it. so here's my plan. Get acne under control (After having acne since junior high and two years of severe acne...I finally found a regimen that works for me! Now I just need to control my stress levels...) Then Use the TCA peels to clear up the discolorations and scars that acne left me (of course, ice pick scars will be harder to treat.) and finally continue controlling my acne and preventing further discolorations with retinoids!

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by PinkPrincess81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! I used 25% on my face, as I have used other peel products in the past and knew my skin could handle it. I didn't have huge issues with my skin to begin with, my main concerns were some pigmentation areas, enlarged pores(not many) and just a dull, weathered look in general to my skin. I hadn't been happy with my skin for sometime, and nothing I had tried was working. I was sick of foundations not looking that great, no matter what I tried. I have always had really nice skin, and wanted to get that back. So after being recommended this by a friend, and then reading all the reviews, articles, forums, books, as I really like to research things before I try them, especially this, being an acid peel, I decided to buy it. I have worked in the beauty field, so am not a novice with this sort of thing so I felt pretty comfortable attempting this at home.
I won't go into a day by day diary entry, as other people have covered that really well here already. My first peel I was a bit scared about, the first time I saw the frosting, it did freak me out, but as everyone say's. it is necessary and does go away. The first one i did seemed to really get rid of the dead skin on my face and perhaps slightly lightened my pigment. The subsequent peels were amazing, I worked up to leaving it on for about 7 mins, in that time it would frost right up, then any stinging/buring would die down, and then I would remove it with the solution to neutralize. I then used the green tea soap, and would slather my face with bepanthen, an ointment we have here. After two or so days my skin would harden, look very leathery, brown and stiff, bascially I looked like a gargoyle for about 5 days, and then after the peeling, I was left with beautiful, clear smooth skin and no pigmentation. I have now completed my final peel and wow, I cannot believe how good my skin looks, and I am no longer wearing foundation, most days I wear a tiny bit tinted moisturiser, it is all I need. I highly recommend this if you have issues with your skin, but like everyone say's, do your research first, know what you are doing and take it slow, start out low too. Get to know your skin and respect what you are doing, it isn't rocket science, but it isn't for the faint hearted either, nor is it something to take lightly. Oh and be prepared for some ugly downtime, I advise staying indoors if you can, I am lucky enough being able to hide out at home, as I certainly wouldn't have liked anyone seeing me during the nasty peel stage, but hey, if you don't care, go with it, it would be worth all the stares, because at the end, you will be looking, beee-auuuu-tifuuulllll!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by marley100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm new to TCA peels, but I''ve built up to using 60 percent glycolic and 25 percent salicylic peels off and on for a few years, and my HG face/body mosturizer is AmLactin, a drugstore moisturizer that's 12 percent lactic acid. (It used to be a prescription item.)

Still, I have fairly sensitive skin, so I didn't want to start too high with a new product that penetrates not just in the epidermis but the dermis.

I bought the 18 percent for some melasma on my temples and a couple of faint age spots on my face and not so faint ones on my hands and legs. For me, the 18 percent on my legs (dabbed on with a Q-Tip) was a yawn. Nothing. A bit of tingling, and I did two layers and a few days later repeated it. Clearly, I need something stronger there.

My hands fared a little better. I definitely got frosting with two layers, and the age spots got a little darker and I was hopeful that would cause a peel, but within a few days all but one spot had lightened again.

The one spot that stayed dark actually developed the faintest of scabs: it didn't look like a scab, but it felt like a scab. That age spot was a seborrheic keratosis--a stuck-on age spot. On that one, I swabbed three layers of acid because I really wanted it gone.

Still, several days later it hadn't peeled, and didn't look like it was going to. Impatient, I put another double layer of acid on that spot and the others on my hands, and got more frosting. A few hours after washing it off (I didn't bother with neutralizing; I just washed with the fabulous green-tea soap and rinsed a zillion times) my hands looked shiny, the next day the skin got a little red and hard and the stuck-on one peeled off. Halleluyah!

On my face, I've only treated my problem areas: the melasma at the temples, the age spots, and the top of my nose, where the pores and one small ancient acne indent are visible (at least to me). After my hands had been so slow to peel, I right away went for two coats of acid and waited for the frosting. My temples got shiny and tight right after I used the acid, and, surprisingly, peeled the next day.

The age spots got a little darker but didn't really peel. They just got flaky-looking. I waited five days. They were still a little flaky, but mostly back to normal. Grrrrr. So, I took a Q-tip and dabbed the 18-percent solution on the age spots once again. I put on a second coat after 5 minutes, and let that coat marinate for another 5. It burned, of course, but in this case I see pain as a "No pain, no gain" kind of thing. Besides, for me it wasn't that bad.

I waited until the skin was really white in the magnifying mirror, kinda like a horror movie right before things get REALLY disgusting or a dermatology text on skin diseases you so don't want to have. I was tired of messing around with it; TCA is so different from the instant gratification of glycolic/lactic/and salicylic acids.

Next day: redder and a little crusty feeling. Peeled on the third and fourth days.

Age spots are lighter but by no means gone. Since I didn't use the stuff on my whole face, I can't comment on the overall quality of the skin, etc.

The stuff clearly works, and there's always a learning curve in using a new product. Now I know that I need to keep this stuff on longer for it to work, or maybe user a stronger solution. I'll update as I learn more.

UPDATE: Tried the 18 percent again, just on my hands. Couldn't afford the down-time for my face. Even a heavier application this time. More than frosting--it was more like frothing in the spots I really hit, like curdled milk. I wouldn't take that chance on my face, but I wanted to see if more would be more effective. Harder scabs formed in those spots the next day. Those peeled in 4-5 days in the shower, but then rescabbed--though a far lighter scab.

Two weeks since the peel, it's pretty much done except for some faint pinkness in the spots I hit hard. And again, I've noticed improvement, but again, not as dramatic as I had hoped. That said, even when the dermatologist burns stuff off, it's not a miracle, and it's not overnight--so why should this be? If these results occurred overnight, it would be a small miracle, but two weeks for a, say, 20 percent improvement is just a very good thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I initially tried the 12.5 percent TCA peel. I did my spot check, and I got no peeling from that area, so I knew that when I treated my face, I needed to leave it on for the full 8 mins. I have a habit of overdoing whatever it is that I am doing, so I went light on myself for the first time, and only did one layer, and left it on for 8 mins. I had a little bit of flaking, so the next time I double layered it. Let me say that I have been using Retin A micro for at least 6 months (that is why I jumped into 12.5 percent first). I also wanted to explain the reason I got this peel. I have a few freckles to get rid of, and one specific acne/cyst scar on my cheek that I just couldn't deal with any longer. Also, after reading all of the other reviews about how horrible you look, I decided to treat my face in sections so as not to look horrific. I treated my cheek first, and that is where I had the min. peeling. Next I did my forehead with a double coat, and it peeled a ton, but no thick sheets. I went back to my cheek and redid it (about a week later) with 2 coats this time (like the directions state you can safely do). This time it got this creepy dry look to it and of course, I started picking at it. My picking posponed the healing I am sure by a few days, but after a week, it was looking back to normal. I believe that the scar has become less visiable, but I am definitly going to have to treat it again. I also redid my forehead, and this time I guess I put it on thicker, so it peeled off more in sheets like my cheek, and I actully peeled off the freckles! They are still there a little, but much lighter. It was the second time I treated each area, that the freckles got dark and peeled. It seemed like if the skin doesn't turn dark where the freckle is, they do not peel off.

If you are like me, and can't hide out for a week, I suggest treating your face in sections. Do your forehead by itself, and as it is almost done peeling, do a cheek or your chin, or something along those lines. I did it this way, and although the parts I was treating looked gross, I put on a ton of makeup (the instructions says not to, but lets be reasonable here), and nobody seemed to notice a thing or look at me strange or even ask. This is a tolerable way to get the job done, but still leave the house. It does drag out the whole thing (I have been messing with this stuff for weeks now. I have gotten braver, and did my whole jawline and up onto my face about an inch as one section), but I think it is worth it. One other thing, picking at the skin REALLY delays the healing process. I did one of my cheeks, picked at the skin, did my other cheek several days later, did not pick at it, and cheek number 2 was done and looked good, and cheek number one still had some pink spots on it. Try not to pick!

So, if you already have very nice skin, or if you are not having issues with scaring, or uneven pigment, this is not worth your time. I need to get rid of that "hole" on my face as I like to call it, so while I was at it, I figured I would go for it, and treat any and all freckles I could come up with (even if they were barley there), but besides helping with those 2 issues, I can see little other change in my skin (I am also in my 20's, so that could be why). I don't think it helped with the few fine lines I have, but being so young, it is proably hard to say for sure. I will repurchase if I find myself with freckles that need to be removed, or in the future when I need to brighten my skin.

Bottom line here is this:
If you have pigment issues, scaring, and possibly wrinkles, this is a great product. If you are 20 with beautiful skin, you are just wasting time and money because it is doubtful you will see any difference once you are finished hiding inside for a week!

Update 12/2/08: I am finally finshed treating my face in sections, and it looks great! Even better than I expected. It seems as though this product removes even hints of freckles that are kinda there, but not too terribly noticeable, and in the end, your skin is clearer and more even than you imagined it would end up being. I treated the sides of my face where I have kind of neglected sunscreen in the past, and it seemed to get a ton of discoloration off. There were small freckle sized dark spots all over the place. I realized I had some freckles over there, but not that many (could be because the sides of your face are a bit hard to get a good look at w/o a couple of mirrors.) Basically, as my skin was peeling off, the skin that was coming off had the small dark spots on it which were I assume were freckles that I didn't even realize were there.

I am very pleased with how bright and fresh it looks. I really think this brightens up your skin a ton and I this is def. in my top 5 favorite products, and that is why I have gone so crazy reviewing it. I want everyone that is considering trying it to go for it..totally worth the time and effort!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Pinup_Girl13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Since I've been reading all of your reviews for years, I figured it was about time I contribute because I greatly appreciate all of the wonderful information and opinions on MUA!

I bought my first products from MUAC almost 14 years ago and they have always had excellent customer service, fast shipping and very reasonably priced, quality items. So with their great reputation and all of the awesome reviews on here, I decided to take the plunge and try the 12.5% TCA peel. I have some large pores and lines that have been bugging me for some time and refuse to plop down $500-$1000 for an injectable toxin (aka Botox) that only lasts 3-4 months...that's just not a good investment IMO. I just did the peel tonight so I will update as the days pass.

PATCH TEST: Last night I did the patch test and boy am I glad I did!!! Not because the peel was uncomfortable, but because the horrid Neosporin caused itchy, red welts on the area I tested and I don't even have particularly sensitive skin. I do not recommend using this crap for this very reason. Anyway, I did a fairly large area along my jawline and felt minimal stinging at first which then subsided. The 5 mins went quickly, then I neutralized and applied the aforementioned horrid ointment (which caused a reaction) but after I washed it off with the lovely green tea soap provided with the peel and moisturized with an organic moisturizer, it was fine. No frosting, slight redness, no biggie.

DAY 1: Since the patch test went well (barring the Neosporin incident) I did my entire face with the first layer. Minimal burning, no redness or frosting, so after 5 mins I applied a 2nd layer but only on my trouble spots. Definitely more burning, redness and some lovely frosting on the areas of the 2nd layer. I neutralized it all after another 4-5 mins, which burned even more and then washed my face with the green tea soap. Since the Neosporin was now the devil...I used a few products that I highly recommend. On my slightly damp face I applied Burt's Bees Apricot Baby Oil and then Burt's Bees Diaper Ointment. I know you're probably laughing or shaking your head, but check out the all natural ingredients online. Things like zinc, vitamin E, almond oil and many more which are known for their natural antibacterial, hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, if it's good enough for the sensitive skin on a newborn's butt...LOL. Well despite being a little greasy and having a white cast to my face for about 10 mins, my face feels great and smells really good too! It's the weekend so it doesn't much matter atm, but I'll have to modify the application come Monday morning so I don't frighten the patients. Haha. I'll continue to update my results as the days pass and anticipate some wonderful results!

UPDATE: Still Day 1 a few hours post peel. My face got very red and hot and quite uncomfortable, so I rewashed it with the green tea soap and applied just the Burt's Bees Apricot Baby Oil and MUAC's Aloe Jelly w/Lavender. It feels much more comfortable and is no longer hot and swollen. I think the ointment formed a seal over my skin so it couldn't breathe properly and therefore, caused it to retain heat. I will discontinue using it because the combo of the oil and aloe jelly is perfect and my skin is comfortably soft and not at all greasy, which will be much better come Monday when I have to go to work. I will just add a sunscreen with SPF 30.

DAY 2 UPDATE: My face is pink like I have a sunburn, shiny and taut but no peeling yet. The oil/aloe jelly combo is working great to keep it soft, comfortable and not greasy.

DAY 3 UPDATE: First day at work since doing the peel. I used the oil/aloe jelly, KS Protect SPF 30 and BE mineral foundation. My face looked "crunchy" and ready to peel. By the evening it had already started to peel and after washing it, was actively peeling. I did "nudge" the peeling process along and was please that only the layer of top skin was coming off in thin sheets with healthy skin underneath.

DAY 4 UPDATE: I could make a snake jealous! LOL Aggressively peeling...not pretty, but not too bad...thank goodness it's my day off! I can't be sure, but I'm thinking most of the substantial peeling will be done tomorrow or the next day which is better than 10 days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by babysbreath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am rating the 12.5% TCA peel. I was extremely excited to try this peel, and based on reading the reviews here, was anxious about scheduling the down time due to all of the peeling.
I finally was able to work out some time off from work, and followed the instructions exactly. I did my patch test and had no reaction, so I proceeded with a 2-layer peel the following day. The 1st layer went on without much stinging. After waiting 5 minutes, I added the 2nd layer. The stinging was greater, but bearable (especially with a hair dryer set on cool pointed at my face). I did experience some frosting on my chin, around my nose, and on certain parts of my cheeks, but no where else. After 5 minutes, I applied the mixture of baking soda/water to neutralize the acid. OH MY - that stung worse than anything else. I finally washed it all off with the green tea soap included with the kit. My face was quite red afterward. In fact, I think I scared one of the neighborhood kids when he came by to play with my kids. The look on his face was priceless.
Anyway, I would say the first 3 days are the most uncomfortable. But afterwards, any brown skin and peeling is easily managed with a layer of Aquaphor on your face. I went out in public (to run errands and such) virtually every day of my peel. Did I look pretty? Nope. But, I didn't look like a monster, either. If I went outside, I used a generous layer of suncreen (Lancome's new SPF20 with Mexoryl), placed some Aquaphor on the dryer patches, dabbed concealer under my eyes, and also on some of the brown patches, and I looked "OK". (I know - no makeup - but IMO a touch of concealer after layering all of the other products isn't going to hurt anything).
I finally completed all of my peeling in about 7 days - and that includes the little dry peelies. The verdict: Is my skin softer? Yes. Did my sun damage fade? Perhaps a bit. But, I think seeing brown skin (that turned brown from the TCA, not from sun damage) peel off and reveal pink skin underneath, might have given me the impression that it was sun damage peeling off, not TCA brown skin peeling off, if that makes sense. Perhaps I had bigger expectations, especially after scheduling a week of down time, but I had hoped for a bit more improvement. For that reason, I won't be repurchasing the 12.5% TCA peel. However if I were to do this again (hindsight is always 20/20, as you never know how your skin will react) I would have bought either the 15% or 18% peel to start with instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Jaee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I hadn't tried it I wouldn't believe it.

This is peel is awesome! I did one peel 3 weeks ago and a new one today. The first face peel was
one layer of 12.5%. Today I did two layers and my neck.

My skin has never looked better in my life! The results were beyond any hope I had. I went out a few days ago, checked the mirror - my "makeup" looked good. After I left I suddenly realized that I had never put any makeup on. My skin looked THAT good!

My skin is smooth, soft and even. I also used it on my hands (15%), they look 10 years younger! Lip lines reduced 25%. Very happy.

Can't wait to see the results after this peel is done! GREAT product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in LOVE with my face now, LOL. Seriously, the TCA 12.5% kit did wonders for acne scars I had since I was a teen and felt insecure about them. I feel more beautiful and secure to go without makeup now. I blogged my chemical peel experience so I know what to expect again (I am doing a few more peel for touch-ups) and as a resource for those who are curious in trying the peel. I am thinking of buying my mom a kit for Christmas. The green tea soap is awesome and helped shed the skin fast. I used Neosporin for the first two days, Cetaphil the third day and EVIAN spray all the time for dryness. I do wish that there was a non-oily Neosporin as I had a few small pimples afterwards, but still I can manage them. I used two layers my first time. I peeled by days 3-7 and it was super flakey then got into small flakeys with my forehead peeling last. Day 3 I was able to go out and again after day 6. Results may vary, but I do recommend this product for hyperpigmentation, acne scars and dull skin. TIP: Use EVIAN spray everyday and you will heal & peel faster, also drink lot of water, and eat lots of water-rich foods with high vitamin C. Give yourself at least 5-7 days of downtime and most important STAY OUT OF THE SUN!! Use a high SPF 30-50+ for sensitive skin and you MUST continue to use sunscreen everyday so you do not cause more hyperpigmentation in the future. GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS!!