Versace Crystal Noir

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I originally bought Versace Bright Crystal because it was a very nice, sweet scent when I first sprayed it. But, after about 10 minutes it started to become sickeningly sweet. I smelled the Noir and I immediately liked it. It is definitely what I would describe as a seductive, heavy scent and you barely need to decompress the pump to get a sufficient amount. You barely need a spray on this one; it's very strong. This fragrance has amber notes and that tends to be very soothing and warm for me; it immediately makes me feel like I'm sitting by a fire with a glass of wine in a very cozy sweater--those are the thoughts it evokes in me. I really like this, but I would save it for either winter or evenings out. A similar scent for me is Lolita Lempicka-another one of my favorites, but it is also heavy and reserved for certain times. Overall, I like this but I'm not sure I would re-purchase.....
***Update: Wore this for the second time all day and I ended up having to shower it off. The scent is nice upon application, but after a while it started to smell way too sweet and even a little mature for me. This will be going back to Nordstrom.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Strong smokey coconut scent at the outset; drydown, on my skin, was eau de nail polish remover. Awful!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with this fragrance. I'm undecided how I feel about it when I wear it, and here's why:

In my opinion, when I first spray the fragrance on me (usually on my neck, one spray) it is EXTREMELY strong and headache inducing. I sprayed it just this morning, and found myself looking for a Kleenex to wipe it off. My coworker also commented that my perfume was quite strong. When I first spray it, I get intense berry (pomegranate?) and pepper smells. Spicy, very strong and very intense.

Now, several hours later, the dry down is quite beautiful. Sweet, but not too sweet, spicy, smoky, luscious dark berry smelling. I'm not very good with notes, but this is what my nose gets. My coworker also commented that it smells better hours later.

I have also sprayed it on my pillows, and the dry down is beautiful as well. Extremely strong and cloying at first.

I usually spray my perfume right before I leave for work in the morning, so I think what I'll do now is spray it an hour or two before I leave, so I'm not knocking people (including myself) in the face with my scent.

You definitely don't need much of this fragrance -very strong, but the dry down is beautiful and sexy. The bottle is also gorgeous...I love the "amethyst" lid, and the bottle is a beautiful smoky dark purple with good weight to it.

Would I repurchase? Not quite sure --perhaps for nighttime/winter use only....I'll update if my feelings change, as I've only worn it 4 or 5 times already.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i adore this product. i was surprised by some bad reviews but then i understood why. each fragrance isn't for everyone. crystal noir suits me as no other fragrance does. i think my body's natural smell takes out the best of this fragrance. that's why many friends of mine bought it after smelling it on me and were disappointed that it didn't smell the same on them. i have also a friend that wears it a lot but i think it smells kind of cheap on her.

What is a great perfume?

Well, most importantly, I have to loved it and this is definitely one of them.

Secondly, it has to be unique and has its own character and identity and this is one of it!

Thirdly, it has to have immense sillage and lasting power on the wearer which actually depends alot on the individual body chemistry and this one lasts and lasts on me!

Now, my take on Versace Crystal Noir. The fragrance is unique which is unlike the bunch of "please llike me" types of girlie frangrances flooding the market which is so very common and un-iteresting and ended up each one smells just like each other which is to me, plain boring...yawn....

It is very rich and thus, be forewarned, is definitely not for the faint hearted and the un-adventurous types.

Whatever accord is is composed of, whether is is coconut, amber or whatever..this is a great frangrance to wear especially you are in an elegant gown where those "please like me" types of fragrances will be most un-appropriate for the occasion as this frangrance oozes "class and elegance".

All in all, a great great frangrance where the market may not be too ready to embrance due to its heavy accords.

Sharp, cheap coconut. No redeeming qualities.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

i got this perfume for Christmas and also i got versace bright crystal also i really like crystal noir its a really spicy dark sexy perfume it does have a coconut kind of smell but it selts down nicely for me it think its pretty strong scent and i love the bottle design with the big crystal lid my signature scent for now i will diffidently repurchase again when i finish my 90ml bottle
AMAZING PERFUME well done Versace

This was an impulse buy as I was unable to sample it. I thought "Hmm Versace. It's probably at least decent." I took it home & opened the box and sprayed the perfume and....well I pretty much loved it. I hate to say this because I'm not a fan but it does have a similar smell as Poison initially. However, it's not as potent. This fragrance is strong though. It's definitely a "I want to dress a little provocative tonight with smokey eyes and some strappy stilettos" fragrance. I can see strippers using it. But I still love it and I am a perfume SNOB. This one is certainly not for day wear. My girlfriend hugged me when I was wearing it one night and the next day she said she could still smell it on her. It wears a long time and has a mysterious, can't pinpoint it, allure about it. Definitely worth a try. I wasn't disappointed. I lost my smaller bottle during a girls night out (maybe one stole it ha) and shortly thereafter replaced it with a 3 ounce. Good stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This smells a lot like BBW Coconut Lime Verbena to me. I like it, but I'd rather get the BBW for a lot cheaper. Coconut and a fruity accord, it's a nice scent. Love the bottle!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this fragrance. I personally think it has a dark, sexy, musky, coconut scent. Its a strong sent and its really good for the evening and at night. I always get commented on this fragrance and find that it lasts most of the night without fading. Overall, I really like this product, it was given to me as a gift so I'm not sure how much it was, but its a great perfume, I think its a great night time scent.

Popular Fragrances