April 17, 2014 | 1858 users online

Treatments - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by akk23

OK this stuff rocks! I have tried just about every spot treatment out there and this actually does what it claims! I get the occasional "under the skin, mean, takes forever to go away, blemish" and this will make it disappear.
I read reviews here and thought I'd try it out. I was so shocked when I applied it to a new bump that I could feel forming and in 2 days it was gone! I mean no where to be seen...completely gone! In the past it would take more than a week for it to go away with a spot treatment of BP or SA.
I gave it a four because of the smell (my husband was like ewwww) and as others have mentioned it leaks a bit. I found that if you just take the roller part off and dip a q-tip in there its even more affective. Also the skin around the blemish got a bit flaky but is nothing a little extra moisturizer won't fix. I have already purchased a back-up because I have never found anything that actually makes the blemish go away and quick! If you apply it as soon as you feel a blemish coming on it stops it from fully forming! Its worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Tea Tree Oil is so great for my skin! This blemish stick is no exception. I put it on the blemish and it's pretty much healing or gone in a day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I am in love with this product! I had a little blemish by my mouth and this thing dried it up with in about 10 hours! And I had a little tiny cut on my hand and it healed it within the same amount of time. It is easy to use and really effective. It does have alcohol in it and can be drying and I would use it sparingly. It doesn't smell that great but I am willing to overlook that. My skin is SO sensitive and I am happy to find something that I can use to heal little cuts and blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 12:12:00 PM More reviews by havenexpress

It works! I just bought this a few days ago at Trader Joe's to keep around just in case I get an acne or two. Last night, I felt a bump on my chin, looked in the mirror and there it was, this red bump below my lips. Perfect, I got to use my blemish touch stick! So I did. It didn't sting me and the smell didn't bother me either. That was last night around 1am. 8 hours later, I'm at my laptop typing out this review because I C.A.N.N.O.T. find the bump anymore! In fact, I kept touching my face to see if it's still there - I should stop!

All in all, awesome product for $5+! This worked faster than my Kinerase blemish roller that costs $39 for one third of the product (I loved Kinerase but I sure am not going to spend $117 on the blemish roller anymore to get the equivalent of the $5.29 of Desert Essence.). Not sure how it would perform on those nasty cystic acne but hopefully I won't be getting one anytime soon. I'm so thrilled right now! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by megwest

Like many of the other reviewers, I found this product while browsing in Trader Joe's. It was about six dollars with my local sales tax.
Through out the years, I've tried product after product to keep my face clear. Nothing seems to really WORK. Things help, but no miracles. I never have terrible break outs, usually just once a month. But -- this last month, I started the pill to help treat a stomach condition, but I had a crazy reaction to it. I was constantly broken out!
When I bought the stick, I couldn't wait five minutes to put it on, I used it while waiting at my first red light! Ten minutes later, I checked my face in the mirror... and the redness was going away and things started clearing up!
It's been two days since my purchase, and I'm pretty much cleared up for the first time in a month! I've used witch hazel products on my face before, without much improvement... so I believe the key is the tea tree oil. I love this product so much... that I even recommended it to friends a few hours after buying it.

My only complaint is the roll-ball applicator... it's kinda leaky.

I also purchased the face wipes, which I plan to review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

This stuff is fantastic and gets rid of my blemishes quickly. I also use it as a preventive over my nose and temples (where I seem to get most of my zits). I'm very allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicytic Acid doesn't seem to do much for my skin. I have used straight tea tree oil before for my blemishes, but this stuff, for whatever reason, seems to work much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by SherrieC

This is an indispensable skincare product for me. After 9 years of trying dozens acne treatments-- including Proactiv, prescription antibiotics and creams, a bunch of OTC products-- I have found that the natural/gentle route is the best for my skin in terms of topical treatments. This Blemish Touch Stick does a great job of treating pimples that come up, especially at zapping cystic ones that nothing else seems to cure. Downsides are that it's kind of expensive given how much product you get (the cheapest I've found is $5.29 at Trader Joe's grocery stores), and the smell that takes at least 10 min to fade completely.

Edit 4/9/09- Dropped one lippie since it seems to be not quite as effective lately, but still a great product that I use frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2007 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mulberrystreet

Tea tree oil is definitely an underrated antiseptic. This blemish touch stick is a miracle in a tube. I used Proactiv last summer, but I quickly became intolerant and allergic to it. It worked during the time I used it, since the benzoyl peroxide so effectively killed acne-causing bacteria. However, it was so incredibly drying. Tea tree oil is all natural, and the additional ingredients in this (such as lavendar), help soothe the skin - and they kill bacteria JUST like proactiv. Using this gives me the same results - clear skin - but without the peeling. In addition, if a blemish does pop up, I put this with Neutrogena's Rapid Clear 8 hr vanishing cream and it becomes SO much smaller, or completely gone, over night.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Genia1

If you look at the list of ingredients below, you'll see that grain alcohol is the second ingredient, which means it makes up a large percentage of the product. This is probably why the blemish touch stick not only stung horribly when applied to a single blemish, but was also too drying. Blemishes need antibacterial ingredients, such as the many essential oils in the product, but not severely drying ingredients like grain alcohol. Over dry the skin, and it will flake and cause oily build-up, which in turn causes blemishes. You don't treat blemishes by DAMAGING the skin. A much better formula would be a couple of essential oils in a base of aloe vera gel, aloe vera being soothing as well as antibacterial.

Ingredients: Witch Hazel Extract, Grain Alcohol, Eco-harvest Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Calendula, Essential Oil Of Blue Chamomile, Essential Oil Of Rosemary, Essential Oil Of Lavender, Essential Oil Of Thyme, Essential Oil Of Birch, Essential Oil Of Petitgrain.

I also don't like rollerball applicators when it comes to treating blemishes, as I don't like the idea of bacteria being rolled into the bottle.

I much prefer Wild Sage's Clear Skin Stick for occasional spot use.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by avantgardelovers

ignore the smell, cause this baby works wonders!

i've been using this for about a month, the price is pretty reasonable around 5$, i get the occasional blemish, but with this stuff (knock on wood) i havent seen a single blemish on my face during the whole time i've been using this stuff.