Desert Essence Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

4.2

Not tested on animals

Witch Hazel Extract, Alcohol Denat., Eco-Harvest Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomile Flower Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Lavender Oil, Thyme Oil, Birch Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Petitgrain) Leaf Oil. 6/30/09

on 12/24/2007 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily skin with some cystic acne that is prone to dry flaking skin. I am currently using their Jojoba oil to combat dryness and it is working wonderfully. After my great experience with the oil I decided to give the Blemish Touch Stick a go and was even more excited about it after I read the reviews here. I have tried tea tree oil about a decade ago, but didn't really notice a big difference. It was one of those Body Shop diluted numbers. I also read that using undiluted tea tree oil can burn your skin with adverse efeects. As I know myself, I tend to over use things in time of desperation, like when I get a pimple and load up on BP. So I decided this slightly diluted version was better for me than the full strength so I would not burn myself by using too much of a good thing. Well, I am very impressed. This completely reduced the size of the cystic acne as well as reduced the pain. I get those under the skin, deep, painful and tender things and sometimes, they don't go away or come to a head for up to two weeks. I got one last week and it was a doozy, about a centimeter in diameter, but now it is completely flat. I'm always left with red marks after a pimple heals, but this one didn't even come to a head. It just got smaller and smaller until it was gone. I used it A LOT. After coming home from work, I would wash all my makeup off and apply the roller ball about twenty or twenty five times until bed time. The next morning, I could really see the difference. This process took about three days. Normally something of this size and tenderness would have taken about a week to come to a head and I would steam my face and than squeeze the little sucker out. And then wait another two days or so for the scab to heal . This was so much better. I don't mind the drippy roller ball because I like a lot of medication on my pimples! Very afforable and smell is not so bad. It does dry out your skin a bit, but the jojoba oil helps with that. You must try this, I have tried all the infomercial stuff-Proactiv, Murad, Pat Wexler-as well as AHA, BHA, BP, Sulfur, but this is the only spot treatment that works. It stops the breakout in its tracks!

on 12/20/2007 8:50:00 PM

Wow i put this product on two zits that popped up in the morning and than put my make up on and went along for the day and those bumps went way down. B.P has never worked as good. Sulfur used to work very good on me but i think my skin started to tolerate it and this blemish stick along with 100% tea tree oil and tea tree oil with Awapui face wash. Love love tea tree oil. Just hope my skin doesn't start to tolerate it. Try this stuff out though. Works Fantastic!!!!

on 12/10/2007 1:31:00 AM

I really like this blemish stick. It dries zits right up without drying out your skin. Whenever I have used this on a blemish, within a day or two, the blemish has shrunk down to almost nothing. Some people might not like the smell of this product -- it is a bit strong and may smell a bit medicinal. However, I sort of like it. It has a strong herbal scent.

on 11/28/2007 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I dont really like the roller ball design, sometimes its hard to get it started, and you have to make sure you are holding the container upside down which is annoying. That said, once its on, it works great. It shrunk up the godzitta I had on my cheek by half overnight. The moisturizer I was using clogged my pores so I used this all over my cheeks and the next morning they were much clearer and my pores had shrunk back down. Even my SO who HATES all my skin care stuff (says it stinks) used it on a pimple and and it shrunk overnight and she said it wasnt painful anymore. If she can be convinced, it must be great. Give it a try.

on 11/16/2007 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't do a lot of reviews but I just had to say something about this product. I was desperate for a product to control my breakouts which I was especially prone to a week before my period. I'd been using a Neutrogena blemish cream since I was teenager but noticed it just wasn't effective anymore and was very drying. I saw this product in the health food store and decided to give it a try. Like other reviewers I was amazed at how well it worked. It helps heal pimples and prevent scarring while also helping to prevent future breakouts. My husband hates the smell (kind of herbal medicinal) but it's actually grown on me. I use it daily especially in the T-zone. I also wanted to add that it is also excellent on bug bites. I live in Hawaii where mosquitos can be a problem and putting this on the bites helps them to stop itchiing and heals them faster. I kind of like the roller ball applicator but it can leak if not kept in an upright position. I keep the one in my purse in a small plastic baggy.

on 11/11/2007 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been on MUA for awhile now and have yet to find a product worth reviewing...until now! I had actually first tried this product about 4 or 5 years ago and I honestly can't remember why I stopped (maybe the smell?). I decided to give it a try again a few months ago when I saw all the great reviews here and am so glad I did. The smell is a bit off-putting, but my nose eventually got used to it. Anyway, this product is amazing. The directions say to use it 5-6 times daily. Personally, I think it varies per person b/c I only use it 2x/day and get great results; I carry the product everywhere I go and put the product on the pimple itself and on areas that are prone to break-outs. I used to consistently have at least 1 monster pimple around my chin and cheek area. After using this for a couple of months my skin is pimple-free; even my husband has noticed the difference (he said my skin has been glowing!)and now as his own blemish stick. The product does sting a little when I put it directly on a pimple, but I'm willing to put up w/ a little pain to get great results. I'm just finishing up my first container and will definitely be buying another at my local Trader Joe's (this is also available online); you can't beat the price! FYI, my skin is oily/combo, mostly oily on the T-zone and tends to get a tad drier in the winter. I'm using this blemish stick in conjunction with Laventine's Olive Forte cleansing oil (also fabulous!) and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin moisturizer with SPF 45. I love this stuff! Go out and buy it...it really works!

on 10/30/2007 12:23:00 PM

OK this stuff rocks! I have tried just about every spot treatment out there and this actually does what it claims! I get the occasional "under the skin, mean, takes forever to go away, blemish" and this will make it disappear.
I read reviews here and thought I'd try it out. I was so shocked when I applied it to a new bump that I could feel forming and in 2 days it was gone! I mean no where to be seen...completely gone! In the past it would take more than a week for it to go away with a spot treatment of BP or SA.
I gave it a four because of the smell (my husband was like ewwww) and as others have mentioned it leaks a bit. I found that if you just take the roller part off and dip a q-tip in there its even more affective. Also the skin around the blemish got a bit flaky but is nothing a little extra moisturizer won't fix. I have already purchased a back-up because I have never found anything that actually makes the blemish go away and quick! If you apply it as soon as you feel a blemish coming on it stops it from fully forming! Its worth a try!

on 10/26/2007 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Tea Tree Oil is so great for my skin! This blemish stick is no exception. I put it on the blemish and it's pretty much healing or gone in a day.

on 10/20/2007 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I think I am in love with this product! I had a little blemish by my mouth and this thing dried it up with in about 10 hours! And I had a little tiny cut on my hand and it healed it within the same amount of time. It is easy to use and really effective. It does have alcohol in it and can be drying and I would use it sparingly. It doesn't smell that great but I am willing to overlook that. My skin is SO sensitive and I am happy to find something that I can use to heal little cuts and blemishes.

on 10/17/2007 12:12:00 PM

It works! I just bought this a few days ago at Trader Joe's to keep around just in case I get an acne or two. Last night, I felt a bump on my chin, looked in the mirror and there it was, this red bump below my lips. Perfect, I got to use my blemish touch stick! So I did. It didn't sting me and the smell didn't bother me either. That was last night around 1am. 8 hours later, I'm at my laptop typing out this review because I C.A.N.N.O.T. find the bump anymore! In fact, I kept touching my face to see if it's still there - I should stop!

All in all, awesome product for $5+! This worked faster than my Kinerase blemish roller that costs $39 for one third of the product (I loved Kinerase but I sure am not going to spend $117 on the blemish roller anymore to get the equivalent of the $5.29 of Desert Essence.). Not sure how it would perform on those nasty cystic acne but hopefully I won't be getting one anytime soon. I'm so thrilled right now! :)

Popular Treatments (Face)