December 20, 2014 | 891 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by mcdermon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ran out of this foundation recently so decided to try some cheaper alternatives. Big mistake. This is the best foundation I have ever used. I cannot claim to have the best skin in the world but I love the way that this makes my skin look and feel. I know that the pot is impractical and that it is very expensive, however I feel that it is worth the expense. I originally bought this in a SpaceNK store when they had a lovely Chantecaille make-up artist in store. She chose me my ideal shade (Ivory) and told me how to apply it for the best result (she said it needs to be "stretched" so I only ever apply this with a brush (I have an old MAC one that looks like a shaving brush which I use to sweep and rotate to get an even finish)). You do not need to use much and it should definitley not feeel heavy. If it does you have used too much. I have to say that since using this I have become a real fan of their products so I also use the blush (Emotion) and the new Powder Brush thingimy. The overall look is luminous but real. The colour stays true all day (as I find a lot of foundations, even pricey ones, get darker or oxidise over the course of a days work). I, like other reviewers, have to blot at lunchtime and I have to use a separate concealer for spots - but this is the best foundation I have found overall. Too expensive to guess the shade though as I thought I would be Camomile but the make-up artist said that it would have looked wrong and it could have put me off completely!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by VB10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a difficult review to write; I like it but I don't love it; I haven't a better product just equivelants; I have now had 3 of these that I use alone or mixed with Armani Luminous Silk and will probably buy again until I find a foundation to fall in love with. This is why;

I am very fair, english rose, in skin tone and there are very few brands that offer a colour pale enough. Porcelain in Future Skin is the best colour match I have found accross any brand ever.
As other review say it is light weight and only a little more than a tinted moisturiser. I find the coverage looks patch when applied although as it soaks in it does even itself out. I like the texture and with my combination skin the essence of the product does work for me. I find it doesn't last well and I certainly wouldn't wear it alone on days where I am out and about in a city and need good staying power, even with powder. I mix with Armani Luminous Silk no2 for a slightly heavier coverage and for winter days when I need lasting coverage Armani Designer - this is too heavy for combination skin in the summer but does work for me in the winter when mixed, just this would be too heavy for my skin to cope with and they don't offer a very pale colour so I do need something to blend it with.
Back to the Chanticaille; It works, It is the best I have found, I am still searching for my perfect foundation be it summer or winter.
Try it if you want light coverage and if like me you find it very difficult to find a pale tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever used but I still use studio fix over it. It is best for very dry skins, in my opinion. I have tried using my favorite mattifying lush moisturizer with this (minimal oil content) but it always looks luminous, which is nice, but I feel like it makes my skin look oily. So I blot over it with studio fix powder. I guess I wish this foundation had a more normal or matte appearance. I have dark undereye circles, redness, and acne scars, so I like to use makeup that can soften your imperfections and create a nicer skintone/more even, less blotchy, and so on. I can use this alone, and my skin looks better than ever, but very luminous!
Why I like this makeup: 1. Matches my skin tone. I have hard to match pale neutral skin tone. Other colors are too yellow, too pink, or too dark. I got this in Alabaster and it's matches perfectly. Online it looks like Alabaster would be a fair pink shade, but it's actually a pale neutral (neither too yellow nor too pink). 2. I'm glad this is oil-free, though it feels like it does have oils in it; it's very emollient. I actually apply a single layer all over, then dab more foundation over the areas I would normally use concealer, even under my eyes. Once it dries, it stays put pretty well in some areas, other areas need touching up. 3. This makeup costs a lot, but you get a lot in a full-sized jar. I imagine a pot could last you a really, really long time. I only use on sections of my face: forehead, around nose, cheeks, chin, and only use small dabs of it, then apply more as needed. Amazingly, this provides sheer to full coverage. I like using my fingers to apply rather than a brush.
CONS: this may cause serious breakouts if it isn't washed off throughly before bedtime. I've had some minor bumps and blemishes since using this, hopefully it won't get worse or it's something else causing breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

Me: NC15-20 with olive undertones. I wear Future Skin in Alabaster.

Pros: Natural satin finish with light to medium coverage. More on the light side I would say since I do definitely need to still use concealer under my eyes and around my nose. It does layer quite well to medium coverage however. I prefer to use my fingers to press the product into the skin. It can be a tad cakey with a foundation brush. If applied right, it doesn't look "foundation-y" instead it just looks like natural healthy skin on my dry skin in the warmer weather. Fragrance free with a simple ingredient list. Doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin at all. Wears well and doesnt transfer or fade through the day.

Cons: I can't get away with wearing this product all year round on my dry skin. It is too matte and shows up flakes in cooler Autumn and Winter weather. Nonetheless it is a great finish on my dry skin in Summer and thats why I love it. Expensive and not widely available. Chantecaille does not retail here in Australia so I do need to purchase from the US. It retails for around US$65 which is definitely not cheap but if there is a good exchange rate at the time, it isn't too expensive compared to Australia's usual marked up cosmetic prices. Really dislike the jar packaging due to hygiene concerns but since nearly all creme foundations are packaged in this way and they are my favourite formula, I have come to terms with it.

Overall a lovely luxurious product for my sensitive skin with a beautiful natural finish, a true warm weather HG!!! Just wish it was a little bit cheaper since I go through a jar in a little over 3 months with daily use. I definitely ticked repurchase since I am in fact on my 2nd jar now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I adore my GA Cream to Powder spf20 but it is really best for night, although, it shouldn't have an spf. Future Skin give me the exact look I need and want. Just a bit of brightening to the face, clean and sophisticated. I dip here and there, depending on the day ahead. No oxidation, color match of Shea is perfect although, I am light and dark in some places. Because of it's gel formula, I strongly suggest 2 things....apply directly after moisturizer ( no oil in product) and take your time with a color match. It goes on much lighter than it appears and I believe this product is to enhance,not flatten ones skin tone. It is by all means, no mask. Don't be fooled about a color online and in the jar. I have dry skin and I wanted an oil free bc I wanted to use my HG moisturizer. Another moisturizer product is going overboard. LM TM just slides off, This has the same effect as a TM but with holding power. Lovely product and an unusual one, too.

7/25/10 Unfortunately back to Nordstroms it went. Due to the gel formula it made my face look greasy in this humid weather. Not good and may be more suitable for winter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is everything I wanted TM to be: Even out skin tone, without hiding my freckles. I love the glowy natural finish I get with this. The wear is excellent, around 12 hrs for me. Kind of the same, with or w/o primer.

When it does wear off, it does so very naturally, doesnt leave "patches". I wear C/NC40-NC42, in MAC fdtns, and was matched w "Wheat" in Future Skin.

This is good if you have relatively good skin condition, and just need to even out the skin tone. Its oil free, so I find it looks more natural sitting on top of moisturized skin.

Packaging is tragically one of the worst. A JAR?! Not conducive to keeping it sanitary or travel friendly! I use a teensy spatula to take out some product. I dab it on w fingers, and use brush to blend/sheer out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using my sample for 2 weeks so not forced to like it just because it cost a bomb. If you're paying CAD$85/jar you'd think that Chantecaille would have the sense to come up with better, more sanitary packaging. I received a generous sample in the Alabaster shade which matched my light, warm, yellow-toned skin quite well. On first application with a skunk brush, it looks natural. Coverage is sheer so concealer needed for dark areas around nose and eyes and scars. Fast-forward 3 hours and my combination skin looks very shiny in my T-zone. For that reason, I will pass. There are many other foundations that perform better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by georgiekins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the bomb! I love it sooooo much. Together with my MUFE HD powder or Chantecaille Loose Powder, it gives such natural flawless coverage. I remember the very first time that I wore it... My sister commented on how nice, smooth, even, bright and glowy my skin looked. I have prone to redness combination [dry jaw-line and cheeks and oily forehead, nose and chin] acne-prone skin. I have acne scars on my jaw-line and also some on my cheeks and I also have some freckles on my nose. I always apply it using my Shu Uemura 18 foundation brush and it does the trick really well :) I haven't tried using my fingers to apply it yet but I suppose it'll work just as well.

I plan to re-purchase it over and over and over again just because it works really well with my skin and skintone. Not too white, not too pink and not too yellow :) No mixing of colours required. One shade does it all for me :) Most importantly, no breakouts whatsoever everytime I use it. I don't use it everyday because I have to blend blend blend... I am a student so I don't have much time for that. Also, I would very much prefer if it came in a pump container but oh well. It works so well that I am willing to overlook the packaging. Hehehe! Other than that, it's perfect :)

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by harborgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have normal skin with slightly enlarged pores and am always looking for primers and foundations that provide a poreless, natural finish. I tried Future Skin based on MUA recs, and was color matched to Wheat (normally NC30-35 MAC with olive undertones).

While I love the look of Chantecaille's color - it's virtually a perfect color match - and my skin looks natural and not mask-like at all, it feels very heavy on my skin. The gel-like texture feels very silicon-ey, (much like Joey NY's now-discontinued 4-in-1 foundation) and while it looks perfect, the heavy sensation is bothersome. I find myself continually checking my skin to see if I have that dreaded department store look... I don't, but it still feels greasy and heavy.

I don't think it's worth the price, but I love the color selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Mochavida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think I could like this product or any foundation for that matter more than this. I can't believe I ever walked around with any other foundation on besides this. Gorgeous silky coverage. Amazing.