November 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

Me: NC15-20 with olive undertones. I wear Future Skin in Alabaster.

Pros: Natural satin finish with light to medium coverage. More on the light side I would say since I do definitely need to still use concealer under my eyes and around my nose. It does layer quite well to medium coverage however. I prefer to use my fingers to press the product into the skin. It can be a tad cakey with a foundation brush. If applied right, it doesn't look "foundation-y" instead it just looks like natural healthy skin on my dry skin in the warmer weather. Fragrance free with a simple ingredient list. Doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin at all. Wears well and doesnt transfer or fade through the day.

Cons: I can't get away with wearing this product all year round on my dry skin. It is too matte and shows up flakes in cooler Autumn and Winter weather. Nonetheless it is a great finish on my dry skin in Summer and thats why I love it. Expensive and not widely available. Chantecaille does not retail here in Australia so I do need to purchase from the US. It retails for around US$65 which is definitely not cheap but if there is a good exchange rate at the time, it isn't too expensive compared to Australia's usual marked up cosmetic prices. Really dislike the jar packaging due to hygiene concerns but since nearly all creme foundations are packaged in this way and they are my favourite formula, I have come to terms with it.

Overall a lovely luxurious product for my sensitive skin with a beautiful natural finish, a true warm weather HG!!! Just wish it was a little bit cheaper since I go through a jar in a little over 3 months with daily use. I definitely ticked repurchase since I am in fact on my 2nd jar now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I adore my GA Cream to Powder spf20 but it is really best for night, although, it shouldn't have an spf. Future Skin give me the exact look I need and want. Just a bit of brightening to the face, clean and sophisticated. I dip here and there, depending on the day ahead. No oxidation, color match of Shea is perfect although, I am light and dark in some places. Because of it's gel formula, I strongly suggest 2 things....apply directly after moisturizer ( no oil in product) and take your time with a color match. It goes on much lighter than it appears and I believe this product is to enhance,not flatten ones skin tone. It is by all means, no mask. Don't be fooled about a color online and in the jar. I have dry skin and I wanted an oil free bc I wanted to use my HG moisturizer. Another moisturizer product is going overboard. LM TM just slides off, This has the same effect as a TM but with holding power. Lovely product and an unusual one, too.

7/25/10 Unfortunately back to Nordstroms it went. Due to the gel formula it made my face look greasy in this humid weather. Not good and may be more suitable for winter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is everything I wanted TM to be: Even out skin tone, without hiding my freckles. I love the glowy natural finish I get with this. The wear is excellent, around 12 hrs for me. Kind of the same, with or w/o primer.

When it does wear off, it does so very naturally, doesnt leave "patches". I wear C/NC40-NC42, in MAC fdtns, and was matched w "Wheat" in Future Skin.

This is good if you have relatively good skin condition, and just need to even out the skin tone. Its oil free, so I find it looks more natural sitting on top of moisturized skin.

Packaging is tragically one of the worst. A JAR?! Not conducive to keeping it sanitary or travel friendly! I use a teensy spatula to take out some product. I dab it on w fingers, and use brush to blend/sheer out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using my sample for 2 weeks so not forced to like it just because it cost a bomb. If you're paying CAD$85/jar you'd think that Chantecaille would have the sense to come up with better, more sanitary packaging. I received a generous sample in the Alabaster shade which matched my light, warm, yellow-toned skin quite well. On first application with a skunk brush, it looks natural. Coverage is sheer so concealer needed for dark areas around nose and eyes and scars. Fast-forward 3 hours and my combination skin looks very shiny in my T-zone. For that reason, I will pass. There are many other foundations that perform better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by georgiekins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the bomb! I love it sooooo much. Together with my MUFE HD powder or Chantecaille Loose Powder, it gives such natural flawless coverage. I remember the very first time that I wore it... My sister commented on how nice, smooth, even, bright and glowy my skin looked. I have prone to redness combination [dry jaw-line and cheeks and oily forehead, nose and chin] acne-prone skin. I have acne scars on my jaw-line and also some on my cheeks and I also have some freckles on my nose. I always apply it using my Shu Uemura 18 foundation brush and it does the trick really well :) I haven't tried using my fingers to apply it yet but I suppose it'll work just as well.

I plan to re-purchase it over and over and over again just because it works really well with my skin and skintone. Not too white, not too pink and not too yellow :) No mixing of colours required. One shade does it all for me :) Most importantly, no breakouts whatsoever everytime I use it. I don't use it everyday because I have to blend blend blend... I am a student so I don't have much time for that. Also, I would very much prefer if it came in a pump container but oh well. It works so well that I am willing to overlook the packaging. Hehehe! Other than that, it's perfect :)

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by harborgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have normal skin with slightly enlarged pores and am always looking for primers and foundations that provide a poreless, natural finish. I tried Future Skin based on MUA recs, and was color matched to Wheat (normally NC30-35 MAC with olive undertones).

While I love the look of Chantecaille's color - it's virtually a perfect color match - and my skin looks natural and not mask-like at all, it feels very heavy on my skin. The gel-like texture feels very silicon-ey, (much like Joey NY's now-discontinued 4-in-1 foundation) and while it looks perfect, the heavy sensation is bothersome. I find myself continually checking my skin to see if I have that dreaded department store look... I don't, but it still feels greasy and heavy.

I don't think it's worth the price, but I love the color selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Mochavida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think I could like this product or any foundation for that matter more than this. I can't believe I ever walked around with any other foundation on besides this. Gorgeous silky coverage. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by rosie06

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is not my first time using Future Skin. In fact, it's my third! The first time I tried it, I thought it looked so much like my own skin - why bother? The second time, I thought the coverage was so sheer that I wasn't covering anything up. Now on my third go-around, I see what I missed the other two times - this is an excellent foundation for making your skin look "real". I use vanilla, which is an exact match to my skintone, and I only apply it on my nose and cheeks which have some pink in them. The rest of my face is au natural, followed by a light layer of Serge Lutens compact foundation in blanc all over. The Serge finishes it off and makes it last all day. I'm not one for primers, they're a waste of time and money on my skin. The combination of these two make my skin look naturally flawless. Again, remember that I am only covering my nose and cheeks so I still have freckles showing through and there is no foundation on the rest of my face to enhance wrinkles. This becomes a real issue with foundation after 50 - believe you me! I'm constantly getting compliments on my 53 year old skin...if they only knew!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Coverage: sheer to medium.
Best for: normal/dry, skin that has minor flaws.
Can be worn by: normal/combination, skin with minor to moderate flaws if including concealer.
Not great for: oily skin, blemished complexions.
Strengths: a very natural finish, pale shades don't look chalky.
Weaknesses: no spf, not as hydrating as other cream foundations. Packaging could be better.
Overall: Future Skin is good as a tinted moisturizer and pairs amazingly well Chantecaille's loose powder. I have very good skin but for a perfect complexion, I have to add concealer or a fuller coverage foundation to my t-zone. For most people this might be too much work, but I find this foundation works like nothing else on my cheeks! It gives me just enough coverage but still gives me realistic skin, and it doesn't look dry and cakey on my drier areas.
My routine: apply Future skin all over. I use fingers and press it in to avoid any streaks. Next, I dab on Chantecaille's foundation stick to my nose/sides of nose to cover deeper redness. Then, I use Amazing Cosmetics to conceal under eyes. Finally, I set with Chantecaille's loose powder using a brush. This gives me perfect, yet realistic-looking skin! continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been lemming this for some time. Now that I bought it, I am still on the fence. I have aging skin that is still very oliy in the T-zone. In addition, I have breakouts due to some medical issues and roseacea. I am an NC 15-20. The shade Vanilla is a great color match. I like the fact that my skin looks better with this foundation, but far from perfect. The coverage is light,but I like that better than heavy masky coverage at my age. It does leave my nose very shiny after a short amount of time. I am now going to try powder to address this issue.