September 18, 2014 | 1783 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using my sample for 2 weeks so not forced to like it just because it cost a bomb. If you're paying CAD$85/jar you'd think that Chantecaille would have the sense to come up with better, more sanitary packaging. I received a generous sample in the Alabaster shade which matched my light, warm, yellow-toned skin quite well. On first application with a skunk brush, it looks natural. Coverage is sheer so concealer needed for dark areas around nose and eyes and scars. Fast-forward 3 hours and my combination skin looks very shiny in my T-zone. For that reason, I will pass. There are many other foundations that perform better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by georgiekins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the bomb! I love it sooooo much. Together with my MUFE HD powder or Chantecaille Loose Powder, it gives such natural flawless coverage. I remember the very first time that I wore it... My sister commented on how nice, smooth, even, bright and glowy my skin looked. I have prone to redness combination [dry jaw-line and cheeks and oily forehead, nose and chin] acne-prone skin. I have acne scars on my jaw-line and also some on my cheeks and I also have some freckles on my nose. I always apply it using my Shu Uemura 18 foundation brush and it does the trick really well :) I haven't tried using my fingers to apply it yet but I suppose it'll work just as well.

I plan to re-purchase it over and over and over again just because it works really well with my skin and skintone. Not too white, not too pink and not too yellow :) No mixing of colours required. One shade does it all for me :) Most importantly, no breakouts whatsoever everytime I use it. I don't use it everyday because I have to blend blend blend... I am a student so I don't have much time for that. Also, I would very much prefer if it came in a pump container but oh well. It works so well that I am willing to overlook the packaging. Hehehe! Other than that, it's perfect :)

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by harborgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have normal skin with slightly enlarged pores and am always looking for primers and foundations that provide a poreless, natural finish. I tried Future Skin based on MUA recs, and was color matched to Wheat (normally NC30-35 MAC with olive undertones).

While I love the look of Chantecaille's color - it's virtually a perfect color match - and my skin looks natural and not mask-like at all, it feels very heavy on my skin. The gel-like texture feels very silicon-ey, (much like Joey NY's now-discontinued 4-in-1 foundation) and while it looks perfect, the heavy sensation is bothersome. I find myself continually checking my skin to see if I have that dreaded department store look... I don't, but it still feels greasy and heavy.

I don't think it's worth the price, but I love the color selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Mochavida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think I could like this product or any foundation for that matter more than this. I can't believe I ever walked around with any other foundation on besides this. Gorgeous silky coverage. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by rosie06

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is not my first time using Future Skin. In fact, it's my third! The first time I tried it, I thought it looked so much like my own skin - why bother? The second time, I thought the coverage was so sheer that I wasn't covering anything up. Now on my third go-around, I see what I missed the other two times - this is an excellent foundation for making your skin look "real". I use vanilla, which is an exact match to my skintone, and I only apply it on my nose and cheeks which have some pink in them. The rest of my face is au natural, followed by a light layer of Serge Lutens compact foundation in blanc all over. The Serge finishes it off and makes it last all day. I'm not one for primers, they're a waste of time and money on my skin. The combination of these two make my skin look naturally flawless. Again, remember that I am only covering my nose and cheeks so I still have freckles showing through and there is no foundation on the rest of my face to enhance wrinkles. This becomes a real issue with foundation after 50 - believe you me! I'm constantly getting compliments on my 53 year old skin...if they only knew!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Coverage: sheer to medium.
Best for: normal/dry, skin that has minor flaws.
Can be worn by: normal/combination, skin with minor to moderate flaws if including concealer.
Not great for: oily skin, blemished complexions.
Strengths: a very natural finish, pale shades don't look chalky.
Weaknesses: no spf, not as hydrating as other cream foundations. Packaging could be better.
Overall: Future Skin is good as a tinted moisturizer and pairs amazingly well Chantecaille's loose powder. I have very good skin but for a perfect complexion, I have to add concealer or a fuller coverage foundation to my t-zone. For most people this might be too much work, but I find this foundation works like nothing else on my cheeks! It gives me just enough coverage but still gives me realistic skin, and it doesn't look dry and cakey on my drier areas.
My routine: apply Future skin all over. I use fingers and press it in to avoid any streaks. Next, I dab on Chantecaille's foundation stick to my nose/sides of nose to cover deeper redness. Then, I use Amazing Cosmetics to conceal under eyes. Finally, I set with Chantecaille's loose powder using a brush. This gives me perfect, yet realistic-looking skin! continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been lemming this for some time. Now that I bought it, I am still on the fence. I have aging skin that is still very oliy in the T-zone. In addition, I have breakouts due to some medical issues and roseacea. I am an NC 15-20. The shade Vanilla is a great color match. I like the fact that my skin looks better with this foundation, but far from perfect. The coverage is light,but I like that better than heavy masky coverage at my age. It does leave my nose very shiny after a short amount of time. I am now going to try powder to address this issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by nycgirl191

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read all these reviews cover to cover prior to my purchase, and even scoured the boards for color recommendations. I didn't do a counter drive-by but jumped head-in into Camomile.

The packaging: It really is inconvenient for anything other than sitting on my vanity. I use a little spatula that I stole from my La Prairie eye cream and dab onto the back of my hand. That is just fine, but I can't even imagine the headaches of traveling with this little pot.

The application: I tried the flat-topped brush approach I saw on YouTube, but I found that a previous poster's recommendation of patting it on works MUCH better. I use very little of the product-- maybe a pea-sized drop and get a nice light coverage over my entire face using 2 of my fingers tapping along. I also do my concealer first, like another poster said, and tapping it on both doesn't cause the concealer to move and blends it in.

The color: Although Camomile is the lightest of the warm shades, I probably should have gotten Alabaster. I never pegged myself for a 'Cool' tone because I am asian, albeit a ridiculously fair one. I might still get Alabaster to see how much better it is.

The wear: I've used it for 2 weeks now, and I love it. Unlike my old YSL, which I would not wear on weekends to give my skin a 'break', I don't feel the need to not wear this on a daily basis. I do use a daily moisturizer with SPF, and this goes on beautifully over it. I set with loose La Mer powder and by noon I have to powder my nose (I have an oily t-zone), but I've never found a foundation where I didn't have to do that. It doesn't slide off or get patchy for me.

The coverage: This is pretty sheer coverage. I won't lie: you need to have good skin to begin with. It does cover up the redness around my nose (from allergies) and also my light freckles, but anything darker than that (like old pimple scars) will still show. My skin looks natural-- like ridiculously gorgeous natural skin that still has some imperfections showing through.

Price: Price has never been an issue because foundation is so important to me. However, as I use so little of it (2 wks and I am still scraping from the lid), I feel it will last at least 6 months, if not longer. From that angle, this is a good value!

Bottom line: I love that I don't FEEL it. I think it's because I take a very light-handed approach to it v. using a brush, but the look is very natural. I also have very sensitive skin which is prone to clogging, and I feel my skin has actually gotten better despite the daily usage.

Recommended for: Women who already have good skin and are looking for sheer natural-looking coverage.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Sinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Chantecaille foundations. I have ok skin (not great, not dreadful) but hate looking like I have a mask of foundation on. Future skin provides sheer coverage and makes my skin glow. It doesn't cover imperfections but makes my skin look so good that they are less significant. The end result is classy but natural. I do find that if I don't use a powder it tends to disappear within a couple of hours but with Chantecaille loose powder it stays all day. I agree with other reviewers. hat the packaging is not the best (though it look great and at least I know I'll be able to use it all which is not always the case with a pump). But if you want your skin to look flawless then this is not for you.I have fair mid toned skin and use this in ivory.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Ssasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation sat awkwardly on top of my skin and made it look as if I were wearing a heavy mask. My face also started shining like an oil slick almost immediately (I have sensitive combination skin that is a bit more on the oily side). To add insult to injury, it got itchy after a few hours, and I finally had to wash it off. The next morning, I woke up with a few little pimples in random places. I am a huge fan of Chantecaille, but this was a true clunker for me. Try before you buy!